The shorter summer skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

The shorter summer skirt

Post by weeladdie18 »

I may have said that the traditional height of the hen for the Scottish Kilt is hem at the top of the kneecap......

Some School girls were banned from wearing skirt hems more than four inches above the Knee.

I found a nice straight bottle green lightweight skirt in my collection . The skirt has a front zip fly and two trouser like pockets

Bit shorter than a Kilt with hem at three fingers above the top of the kneecap. Worn a couple of times with male shirt,
short Argyle Green Tweed Kilt Jacket , Drovers Soft Pouch Sporran on a Heavy Belt, white ankle socks and black shoes.

A sort of a Kilty look , but definitely not a Kilt..........If one has learnt how to sit down wearing the Kilt, this skirt is easy to wear.
There is enough freedom to sit down in a café with the legs apart and the sporran pushed down between the thighs.

When seated in this manner the garment looks like a pair of shorts.........My legs are well weathered and tanned and I have enough
confidence and experience to to dress in this style in the Celtic Lands. ...........weeladdie
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The shorter summer skirt

Post by oldsalt1 »

How about a Photo
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This one is a mere 12 inches and is right up SkirtsDad's street.

It's a skort described as a skirt and has pants built in, just as well!

Right now our best roses are way above head height, so I installed a 'stairway to paradise' to get up at 'em.

The black slip-ons, btw are me-dancing shoes!

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Looks great - perhaps some different shoes would make it look even better!!!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Is that a tall rose bush or a crape myrtle in the background. Either way, it is an absolutely beautiful background for your wonderful outfit.