Virtual Makeover

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Virtual Makeover

Post by jamodu »

When wearing your skirt/blouse or dress, have you contemplated what you would look like wearing matching make-up, jewellery, hair pieces etc?

Without having to buy such items you can apply such items virtually (and without the expense), using your smart phone or tablet (Android and iOS). You can use existing photographs, or live pix.

For starters, ‘YouCamMakeup’ is free to download (but be aware of additional fee-paying in-app purchases). Other associated apps are free to download.

Great fun.

https://www.perfectcorp.com
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Virtual Makeover

Post by Sinned »

jamodu, some of us went through the full monty stage thinking that that was what we had to do to wear skirts. I did and rejected it very early on as completely impractical, consuming vast amounts of time to learn and apply and frankly I'm just to lazy with a lack of interest to take it any further. In my case since I am blind in my right eye then applying eye makeup would be almost impossible. Some women apply makeup very well and a lot do it badly so I don't want to add to the latter group. In terms of the ubiquitous mobile I use it for making calls and texting. If I want to take pictures I have a camera. If I want to listen to music or watch programmes I have other devices to do that. No, thanks but it's not for me. I have enough disagreements with MOH so if I started to wear makeup she would be convinced I wanted to be a woman. Even having an app that allows me to look as if I was wearing makeup would be bad news. There are other members of the site that may be more receptive and thanks for bringing this to our attention but it's not for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I have used taaz.com as a virtual makeover tool.

John
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’m with Sinned on this one.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Sinned wrote: In my case since I am blind in my right eye then applying eye makeup would be almost impossible.
I have restricted vision in my left eye, so I have the same problem.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Playing around with a virtual makeover app sounds like fun, and might be a good way to kill a little time once in a while. I think Jenn downloaded one a while back and took a photo of me in it to see how I looked with makeup on. It was interesting and actually not half bad...

However in the real world, I simply don't have the time, or patience to mess with it. Additionally if I ever did I would just mess it up throughout the day as I tend to get into a lot of random activities in my skirt wearing time, some of which are not makeup friendly.

I haven't even painted my nails in months. Not so much for any particular reason other than I just haven't taken the notion to do so.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.