ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:00 pm

moonshadow wrote:
Satan seems much easier to get along with.... :twisted: :roll:


yes considering Father Satan does not care what anyone wears :twisted:
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby moonshadow » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We have successfully drifted the ROMPER thread to Satan... a fitting end.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby JennC03 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Meet Jack the amazing 10 year old who applies makeup very well!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/mee ... vp-BBBh9UK
¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •☆Have a wonderful day! ☆•*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* * It's good to look at those we love with fresh eyes whenever we can to remind us how lucky we are to have their light in our lives.
User avatar
JennC03
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lebanon, Virginia

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby crfriend » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 pm

crfriend wrote:Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:


I doubt it,usually pictures I see of Satan he is not even wearing a shirt
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby crfriend » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Ron wrote:
crfriend wrote:Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:

I doubt it,usually pictures I see of Satan he is not even wearing a shirt

That's because all the pictures show her "on the clock". What does she wear in her "off hours"?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:30 pm

crfriend wrote:
Ron wrote:
crfriend wrote:Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:

I doubt it,usually pictures I see of Satan he is not even wearing a shirt

That's because all the pictures show her "on the clock". What does she wear in her "off hours"?


why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby crfriend » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:36 am

Ron wrote:why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?

The character is supposedly a deity. How do we know which sex/gender/persuasion/preference they're of? Can we presume our overlay our corporeal leanings on them? (And, yes, I know full well that "God" was created in man's image.)

Also, it's a deity that's specifically Christian. I had a heck of a lot of fun with a "born again" type back in the '80s when he, out of frustration, called me a "Devil worshipper" and I replied back in my politest but sternest tone, "Only Christians can believe in the Devil. I am not Christian. Therefore the Devil does not exist in my thought-space. Hence I cannot believe in, much less, worship such an entity." He shut up after that. My co-workers were figuring that it was going to come to blows. It didn't, and I wonder to this day if some of them were disappointed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 am

crfriend wrote:
Ron wrote:why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?

The character is supposedly a deity. How do we know which sex/gender/persuasion/preference they're of? Can we presume our overlay our corporeal leanings on them? (And, yes, I know full well that "God" was created in man's image.)

Also, it's a deity that's specifically Christian. I had a heck of a lot of fun with a "born again" type back in the '80s when he, out of frustration, called me a "Devil worshipper" and I replied back in my politest but sternest tone, "Only Christians can believe in the Devil. I am not Christian. Therefore the Devil does not exist in my thought-space. Hence I cannot believe in, much less, worship such an entity." He shut up after that. My co-workers were figuring that it was going to come to blows. It didn't, and I wonder to this day if some of them were disappointed.


a while back I had some Jehovah Witness tell me that I should not be worshiping the Devil
so I told them I don't worship the Devil,I am the Devil,so does that mean that I worship my self ?
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby moonshadow » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:24 am

I had an interesting discussion with my good Christian friend about the devil about a week ago, and he mentioned something I had heard before but never gave it much thought, but he had said that the devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc) according to lore is/was actually the most beautiful of all of the angels.

Have fun wiki-surfing... lots of cool stuff in there. The various mythologies that existed in the ancient middle east were many. Quite literally, had the wind just have shifted a different direction at some point in the far back past, western culture may be worshiping any number of Gods/Goddesses. (or even genderless deities)
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 am

moonshadow wrote:I had an interesting discussion with my good Christian friend about the devil about a week ago, and he mentioned something I had heard before but never gave it much thought, but he had said that the devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc) according to lore is/was actually the most beautiful of all of the angels.

Have fun wiki-surfing... lots of cool stuff in there. The various mythologies that existed in the ancient middle east were many. Quite literally, had the wind just have shifted a different direction at some point in the far back past, western culture may be worshiping any number of Gods/Goddesses. (or even genderless deities)




yes I do know about the devil,Mephistopheles,Lucifer,Satan,Baphomet and a few others
Image
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby moonshadow » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:10 am

All this talk about Satan makes me think of this little clip I found a few years back...

Link

"How annoying that sound is..."

"What fascinations there are on this planet... strange mortals with... curious customs..."

Indeed Satan... indeed....
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:37 am

moonshadow wrote:All this talk about Satan makes me think of this little clip I found a few years back...

Link

"How annoying that sound is..."

"What fascinations there are on this planet... strange mortals with... curious customs..."

Indeed Satan... indeed....


yes I'v seen that,it is a bit strange
User avatar
Ron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby moonshadow » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:45 am

Ron wrote:yes I'v seen that,it is a bit strange


Mark Twain was an odd cat... :wink:

I wonder what he would think about men wearing skirts...?
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Postby rivegauche » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Huckleberry Finn wore a dress and was rumbled when he caught something thrown towards him by clamping his knees together instead of widening them to catch in the skirt of his dress.
rivegauche
Active Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Freestyle Fashions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron