Tall Boots

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Tall Boots

Post by Yonkas »

I would really like to find some fashionable tall boots for men to pair with my skirts, but the offerings I have found on the internet are either made for wealthy people, people who want to look like pirates or vampires, or people who want to look like cowboys. Is there a retailer anyone here would recommend that sells tall boots at reasonable prices (like less than $150 USD)? My shoe size is U.S. size 13.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tall Boots

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yonkas

Since you are in the northern hemisphere you might rethink tall boots more of a seasonal item -BUT- then winter ain't over in your
part of the country at least by todays weather forecasts.
Shopping OnLine is best - at mall stores they have already thinned their stock and sandals and beachy things in vogue.
As for the size 13 PayLess would be your store of (last) resort as this time for that size !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Try sears and K mart on line I got some great boots there You kind of missed the season but they still have some left ..If you go to The My many Mini blog about feb 19 you can see a pair of Jacklyn smith boots cost $19 listed for 70 I wear a 9 I fit in ladies 10 if that helps
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

oldsalt1

he is going to need a whole lot more boot than a 9 or 10 which still can be found -but- the size 13* equivalent of women's 15 is only going to be found
maybe in a custom European shop hidden somewhere in the alps of Italy or a custom costume back lot shop in Hollywood !

* Male 13 = women's 14.5-15 - - - Female 13 = men's 11.5-12 (+ or - a cm fractionalized size) about a size an a half difference Brannock scale.

Any thing over a size 12 women's time to cross the aisle !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I just went on sears they have regular and wide calf knee high boots in size 15 The quantity is limited prices a little higher but they have a very limited selection.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Yonkas wrote:I would really like to find some fashionable tall boots for men to pair with my skirts, but the offerings I have found on the internet are either made for wealthy people, people who want to look like pirates or vampires, or people who want to look like cowboys. Is there a retailer anyone here would recommend that sells tall boots at reasonable prices (like less than $150 USD)? My shoe size is U.S. size 13.
Give this outfit a try: https://www.ghigocalzature.com/en/?utm_ ... EN20150918, they have upto 47 continental sizes.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Long Tall Sally, but it tends to be seasonal.
Liino

Post by Liino »

This winter I dropped into a store DSW in Vancouver. "Designer Shoes Warehouse" carries many styles of boots and shoes which are seasonally displayed. I had never been into their store before and was delighted to find some good knee high boots at reasonable prices, $80-$150. I bought a pair of Michael Kors knee-high riding boots and a pair of La Canadien Knee high boots. I am not sure if they are in the US or not.
Check them out at
http://dsw.townshoes.ca/store/dsw/en/TS ... oots&text=
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Liino wrote:This winter I dropped into a store DSW in Vancouver. "Designer Shoes Warehouse" carries many styles of boots and shoes which are seasonally displayed. I had never been into their store before and was delighted to find some good knee high boots at reasonable prices, $80-$150. I bought a pair of Michael Kors knee-high riding boots and a pair of La Canadien Knee high boots. I am not sure if they are in the US or not.
Check them out at
http://dsw.townshoes.ca/store/dsw/en/TS ... oots&text=
as far as I could see they do nit carry over size 10...
LaRedoute is another company that does carry upto EU size 45
Liino

Post by Liino »

It depends on what they have in at the time, I bought 2 pairs of size 11, at the time they had a few pairs of size 12 and 1pair of 13's. Because the stock is fuild one has to check often to see what they have. I found them to be very helpful.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Just now I was looking at Amazon.com, They have a series by Nancy Jayjii going up to size 15..
Also Onlymaker, YDN, Merumote, etc.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

One of the ways to get large size footwear is to get your head in the door (I mean foot in the door) when the shoes/boots whatever are first introduced
for the season - you wait you lose. Large sizes are stocked in very limited quantities. Get to know the store manager or staff if shopping at a conventional
shoe store for help in when the new styles and sizes are going to be stocked. Right now it is summer in the northern hemisphere and very soon the winter
stock will be in stores. Amazon and the mail order outfits already perhaps have inventory or listing for these. Do timely internet search for those boots now.
Some tall boots are for year round fashion and others for practical winter protection from the elements. Don't buy cheap boots for winter wear with slush
snow salt and other chemicals unless planning on them being one year disposable footwear. You pay for what you get.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

WHen it comes to shoes its Amazon orLong Tall Sally.

With LTS its seasonal so you have to keep checking their website, then when you see something you like you have to decide how bad do you want it. The prices come down as the product ages and as the availability dwindles, for a size 15 you cant wait too long or they might sell out.

Tall Boots in my collection are from 2 companies.
Le Dame They sell "Fashionable Women's Shoes in Men's sizes" I wear their Kathy boots in the winter with some of my skirts, its just below my knee. They have an over the knee boot as well the Kandi but it has a stiletto heel so if clearly a "woman's shoe" I have 3 of the 4 boots that Le Dame makes and they all fit my size 13 feet with no problems,

The other brand available is Pleaser they are a women's Fetish shoe line that sells all sorts of strange and off the wall designs in sizes up to 15 to 17 depending on the shoe. The Tall boots I have from them have a platform and high heel so it may not be what you are looking for.

:ugeek:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

phathack wrote:WHen it comes to shoes its Amazon orLong Tall Sally.
Hmm... The last time I looked at LTS all they had in a women's 13 or 14 (according to the on-line wisdom I'd be a 13 1/2) were Brikenstocks which are an outright non-starter for either sex (I swear the company held focus groups on how to design the most hideous-looking footwear possible). Just say, "No."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!