What made you put on that first skirt.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What made you put on that first skirt.

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I was recovering from painful groin surgery and bought a tennis skirt to wear around the house because pants hurt as well as a robe. The tennis skirt was a smooth nylon with just enough flare to keep it away from my sensitive parts. I liked the feeling of wearing a skirt and enjoyed the breeze up my skirt. I decided to try skirts that wouldn't draw attention. I bought some denim, khaki, gray, and camouflage skirts and had them shortened to above the knees so they would resemble shorts as much as possible. They are wonderful for hiking and allow unrestricted stride, ventilation, and light weight. Just for the comfort and practicality I wonder why men haven't rebelled and began wearing skirts. I wonder why advertisers haven't designed and marketed skirts for men. I wear skirts in lots of public places; stores, gas stations, restaurants. I totally enjoy hiking in skirts and visit state and national parks and nature preserves while wearing skirts and love the freedom. No one notices and I haven't had a single negative comment. I have been wearing skirts in public for over three years. I always wear them at home and I keep a robe in our entry closet for when the doorbell rings.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...I have been wearing skirts in public for over three years. I always wear them at home and I keep a robe in our entry closet for when the doorbell rings.
If you're wearing skirts in public anyway, why put on a robe to answer the door?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I had men come in yesterday to install a new shower door. I was wearing a skirt. I got a couple of looks . They did a nice job worked very cleanly. When they were done I gave them a nice tip. At that point I could have been naked and I don't think they would have cared.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:I had men come in yesterday to install a new shower door. I was wearing a skirt. I got a couple of looks . They did a nice job worked very cleanly. When they were done I gave them a nice tip. At that point I could have been naked and I don't think they would have cared.
When you work in people's homes, I'm sure that after while you 've seen it all, or at least so much that nothing else could be surprising. They just do their job and collect their money.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

To be really honest I was a child around 8 or 9 and I'm sure it was for sexual reasons :oops:
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

From the waist down, I prefer shopping in the womens department. I don't care to wear a wig, a bra, or makeup. A skirt, hose, and heels are my favorite things to wear. As to why I started, it was my legwear - I thought I had to be a full blown cross dresser to wear pantyhose, so I tried it. Hated it. HATED it! Loved the feeling of the hose, the open skirt, and the heels. So, since then, I wear whatever I want on my body. Cool thing is, chicks dig it! :wink:
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mike wrote:...Loved the feeling of the hose, the open skirt, and the heels. So, since then, I wear whatever I want on my body. Cool thing is, chicks dig it!
Got any specific examples or anecdotes?

Like, have you really found that wearing a skirt helps pick up women?

caultron
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Back when I was a schoolkid and the house was empty I would borrow bits of my Mums clothing and try it on out of curiosity, starting with nighties. Never forgot how comfy they were and switched to nightshirts from PJs when I was an apprentice. Then along came EBay and I started to buy the occasional skirt. Never looked back since. (Bad neck!)
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

I really can’t remember the first time I put on a skirt. I remember being jealous when my sister could go out in skirts and dresses. When the girls came to school in skirts I had to look at them and I imagined how it would be for me. As a child I sold lottery for my sports team and we rang the door bells and asked if they wanted to buy. One night I put on a skirt and put my hair in a pony tail with a ribbon and clips. I was so nervous if someone I knew would open the door. Some people said I was cute but most of them didn’t comment at all. That must be the first time for me out in public in a skirt.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Fascination with the difference women got to experience but I didn't. There really was no "first time" since one can always just wear one's robe, or a wrapped towel, or sheets fixed greek philosopher style to get the sense of the bodily sensation, and I did all that as a youngin'. Did "full drag" (meaning the purpose was to come as close to "passing" as I could) twice at Hallowe'en in adulthood, and my buddies told me it worked, almost disturbingly so. ("man, you looked just like a fat ugly chick, not you anymore") If anything proved that full femme was not for me, that was it. Fun to toy with though.

After that came the kaftan experiment the year after Ozzie Osbourne appeared in one on the cover of "Sabotage", and nothing after that for years until Utilikilts appeared on the market. Sometime in early adulthood I abandoned PJs for nightshirts, so being unbifurcated was already a solid preference, and instead of paying big bucks for UKs I made my own kilts including some tartan ones, and began wearing them as regular wear more and more, including to work only on Fridays at first. Now I have five pairs of pants and a pair of shorts, and at least a dozen skirts now, and unless I lose even more weight the pants will probably last the rest of my life just because they get used so little.
Daryl...
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Caultron wrote:
Mike wrote:...Loved the feeling of the hose, the open skirt, and the heels. So, since then, I wear whatever I want on my body. Cool thing is, chicks dig it!
Got any specific examples or anecdotes?

Like, have you really found that wearing a skirt helps pick up women?
I can't speak for Mike but, to some extent, yes!

Back when I openly wore a skirt, not only did it help break conversational barriers with women, but I believe it also gained their trust; the person they were talking to was portraying their true self. The net result was that quite a few offered me their numbers; I didn't have to ask for any!

Age is generally unimportant when it comes to the dating game, as far as I'm concerned; however, I'm fairly confident that the younger of the women were in their late 20s, whilst the elder ones were in their mid 50s, with the rest spread across the spectrum. This range was quite flattering to a middle aged man with seemingly little to offer in the traditional, male, "hunk" credentials.

I only ventured out on one date, despite many phone numbers. Why? I can only surmise it was as a result of the attitude of "friends" and "family" undermining confidence and self esteem, rather than the woman. Although I shouldn't do so, I regret allowing these "friends" and "family" to have such an influence on my life.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

RichardA wrote:To be really honest I was a child around 8 or 9 and I'm sure it was for sexual reasons :oops:
This is something I've wondered about and just find too dimly remembered to assess accurately. I think it was simple curiosity at first then when the sexual implications and associations dawned on me, the egss became an omelette. I can certainly say that I don't go out in a skirt today with any sexual expectations regarding how I am perceived or received, though I am aware of the possibility in the back of my mind.
Daryl...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Sexual reasons at age 8 or 9 ?? I can't imagine that at that age.

I was 40+ when I privately bought and donned my first skirt and that definitely had a sexual connotation.
8d401d2f5a8c01106f5ea695d338a570.jpg
The same applied when I shaved my legs. It was for the rush & buzz. I only did it once. Never again. MOH was not amused.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kirbstone on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:...I only ventured out on one date, despite many phone numbers. Why? I can only surmise it was as a result of the attitude of "friends" and "family" undermining confidence and self esteem, rather than the woman. Although I shouldn't do so, I regret allowing these "friends" and "family" to have such an influence on my life.
That's too bad. I'd have thought that getting a date in the first place and then not getting dumped before the second would be quite a happy achievement.

caultron
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

TO: Caultron,

I keep a robe in the entry closet because when someone who knows me might come over, I don't want to explain all of the reasons I am wearing a skirt. That would not happen with strangers in public, at least it never has. Our next door neighbor knows. I was in the driveway at the same time she was. She didn't notice my skirt until I brought it up and said I bought a hiking skirt. She smiled and asked whether I had Scottish ancestry. Yes, I do in fact, but I didn't "inherit" the idea of wearing a skirt. I just like to and enjoy the freedom, unlimited stride, and ventilation. We are going on a trip this weekend and I will wear a skirt because it is so much more comfortable than pants or shorts, and easier to adjust for comfort while driving. We do that all the time and stop for gas, to eat, and to check in to hotels.