The boys in their summer dresses

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

The boys in their summer dresses

Post by Ralph »

I was doing some random googling this morning and ran across this Washington Post article from a couple of years ago. Nothing especially profound or informative, but it gave me a chuckle.
Ralph!
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The boys in their summer dresses

Post by partlyscot »

I'm hoping to find a suitable "dress" for this Summer, still can't quite nail down what I want though.

The mention of codpieces is also interesting, there are many ways that can become a fashion item. On the one hand, a bit of gentle disguising can be useful if you want to wear something like yoga pants, thinking dance belt here. Or, you can have a bit of fun with various levels of exaggeration.

Wikipedia has some points I hadn't considered, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece particularly the bit about more exaggerated styles being common when syphilis and possible bandaging became a thing. (Ow!) Something there about those who exaggerate having more need to?