Stitch Meggings

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Stitch Meggings

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Unfortunately in more places than you want to imagine. It's definitely a low-rent choice and most of the women who make that choice ... you really wish they hadn't. No matter how "lonely" you may be.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

phathack wrote:Leggings are meant to be worn as pants and should not be see through. If they are see through they are tights, which some women will still wear as pants, when they should be wearing a skirt or pair of shorts over them.
I see women wearing leggings or sports tights with nothing else on the bottom, but those aren't see-through.

Did you actually mean skin-tight? Or do you actually find women running around in just t-shirts and pantyhose?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

I haven't seen pantyhose, top and nothing else. I have seen a number of women wearing what had to have been either thin tights or heavy hose and a top. Can't recall whether or not there was anything under the tights; didn't feel inspired to look that closely.

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:[...] didn't feel inspired to look that closely.
That sums it up perfectly. Had the presentation been compelling, or at least interesting, the reaction I suspect would have been rather different.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

Often times, clothing that contains spandex for stretching capabilities is total opaque when not stretched. However, if one stretches it to its full capacity, it can become somewhat see-through.

Sadly, yes I have seen such garments worn by women who were "filling the garment to its capacity" and rendering the garment somewhat see-through.

With intensive therapy, I will be recover.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

PatJ wrote:With intensive therapy, I will be recover.
Would that involve yoga class with lots of women in their twenties?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

And then people suggest yoga to relax ...