cannot stop the skirts, it's addicting

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

cannot stop the skirts, it's addicting

Post by Bamaskirting »

I thought I may take a break from wearing awhile. I had not been out in over a month because I'm busy working.but I was going to take a hiatus because all the tg political garbage that I do not want to get lumped into.
but I just cannot quit it. I finally got one on and made a few stops. I wore 3 different skirts today. I'm going to try to wear one somewhere everyday. in south Alabama I don't think it's the best idea to wear a skirt everywhere. but I keep a few in my car. feels so fun and liberating!
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: cannot stop the skirts, it's addicting

Post by partlyscot »

Me too, I have more skirts that I can reasonably wear. I'm not too worried as most of them cost less than $5. I consider it cheap entertainment and a learning experience.
RPF

Post by RPF »

I have pencil skirts, A-line skirts, skater skirts, and skorts. I wear them at home. Where do you wear them? What's been the reaction? What else do you wear with your skirts? Do you wear women's shoes (pumps, flats, sandals?) and what kind of top (male or female)?

I have 26 skirts in all!
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

RPF wrote: Where do you wear them?
Wherever I go.
What's been the reaction?
Curiosity. Surprise. Nothing to write home about.
What else do you wear with your skirts?
Depends on the weather and where i am going.
Do you wear women's shoes?
No, they'd be too narrow and uncomfortable.
and what kind of top (male or female)?
I did not know that tops, or any other clothes, had sex.
Perhaps you mean "traditionally masculine or traditionally feminine.
I wear formal shirts, t-shirts, pullovers, jackets.
I have 26 skirts in all!
I have a dozen skirts, plain, straight, pleated, denim, knee-length or shorter, none that restrict my movements;
and a dozen tartan kilts.
And I can see no reason to wear anything else.

Martin
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

RPF wrote:I have pencil skirts, A-line skirts, skater skirts, and skorts. I wear them at home. Where do you wear them? What's been the reaction? What else do you wear with your skirts? Do you wear women's shoes (pumps, flats, sandals?) and what kind of top (male or female)?

I have 26 skirts in all!
I wear them mostly at home. But I wear them out shopping at certain locations. I only have one pair of shoes which are Nike. I wanted a pair of mid rise wedges or heels but can't find size. I just wear a men's graphic tshirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have 14 skirts and I wear them all of the time, I wear them shopping, doctors visits, eating out at fancy restaurants, Also at fast food places. In short I wear skirts everywhere. I usually wear a sport shirt, Tee shirt, or tank top in warmer weather.

I have A-line, straight and knit skirts, lined skirts, all of them are knee length or longer. The skirts I own are denim, rayon, taffeta, or cotton.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Franinskirts wrote:I have 14 skirts and I wear them all of the time, I wear them shopping, doctors visits, eating out at fancy restaurants, Also at fast food places. In short I wear skirts everywhere. I usually wear a sport shirt, Tee shirt, or tank top in warmer weather.

I have A-line, straight and knit skirts, lined skirts, all of them are knee length or longer. The skirts I own are denim, rayon, taffeta, or cotton.

Fred :kiltdance:
Cool. I remember first time I tried getting in my car I
In my denim skirt. Was hard!lol
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I've got a pretty good selection going myself. Also have peppered in quite a few blouses and other tops from the "other side". Shoes might be my thing this summer, although maybe just a couple of pair.

Actually my skirt buying has slowed somewhat over the last month or so. I've snatched up so many skirts over the last six month that it will take me at least half way through summer to even wear everything I purchased one time!

Now the BUYING has slowed.... the WEARING of said skirts lives on! :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
RADER

Post by RADER »

I enjoy wearing jean skirts; I have them in short, knee, and ankle length.
I love wearing them around the house, just very comfortable instead of pants.
Rader
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore...
... I've forgotten what I've started fighting for...
It's time to bring this ship into the shore, and throw away the ore forever....

Skirt on bama-fama fo-fama.. banana-fama, bo banna, fe-fi-bo-bama!

:lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Bamaskirting wrote:I thought I may take a break from wearing awhile. I had not been out in over a month because I'm busy working.but I was going to take a hiatus because all the tg political garbage that I do not want to get lumped into….!
I would believe that wearing skirts is just "freedom of expression" and would be a positive contribution to society in light of the foolish "bathroom bill" garbage going on. We skirters are not targeted by the anti-TG zealots because we are not transexuals and not trying to present as women. We are certainly not wearing skirts to get access to women's bathrooms! But if we are out and about as guys in skirts it just shows to those who observe us that society is evolving and that we are also expressing who we are, just in a different way from the TGers.
------Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

skirtingtheissue wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:I thought I may take a break from wearing awhile. I had not been out in over a month because I'm busy working.but I was going to take a hiatus because all the tg political garbage that I do not want to get lumped into….!
I would believe that wearing skirts is just "freedom of expression" and would be a positive contribution to society in light of the foolish "bathroom bill" garbage going on. We skirters are not targeted by the anti-TG zealots because we are not transexuals and not trying to present as women. We are certainly not wearing skirts to get access to women's bathrooms! But if we are out and about as guys in skirts it just shows to those who observe us that society is evolving and that we are also expressing who we are, just in a different way from the TGers.
------Henry
I agree. but where I live it's super conservative redneckville. but I may slow down a bit I'm not stopping. I wore a pencil skirt in Starbucks. was too great! just wishing for my first positive comment from a lady!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, not to boast, but I have somewhere close five dozen skirts. Denim, knit, corduroy, chino, cotton; A-lines and pencils; blue, black, brown, white, navy, olive, tan, plaid, patterned; and in lengths from a 15 inch denim mini to a gauzy, 40 inch floor sweeper. I've managed to wear the majority of the skirts in my collection, and yes, I wear them in public with women's tops and shoes, it's the only way to go for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

partlyscot wrote:Me too, I have more skirts that I can reasonably wear. I'm not too worried as most of them cost less than $5. I consider it cheap entertainment and a learning experience.
Quite. There are some I wouldn't wear in public (yet) but good cheap fun.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JeffB1959 wrote:Well, not to boast, but I have somewhere close five dozen skirts. Denim, knit, corduroy, chino, cotton; A-lines and pencils; blue, black, brown, white, navy, olive, tan, plaid, patterned; and in lengths from a 15 inch denim mini to a gauzy, 40 inch floor sweeper. I've managed to wear the majority of the skirts in my collection, and yes, I wear them in public with women's tops and shoes, it's the only way to go for me.
Hear hear!
denimini wrote:but good cheap fun.
I agree that's what it's all about for me... FUN! (at a low price)
-Andrea