cannot stop the skirts, it's addicting

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: cannot stop the skirts, it's addicting

Post by dillon »

Uncle Al wrote:
HG.org wrote:There are no federal laws either for or against nudity,
except to the extent that it may be protected under the
First Amendment right to freedom of expression. Local
laws will take precedence when the question of nudity
relates to federal lands, such as federal parks, beaches,
and other facilities.
See https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=31193 for further info.

As far as the National Park Service is concerned,
see https://www.nps.gov/policy/SD-91-3.pdf

Nudism has been classified by the N.P.S. as a form of
recreation, therefore the N.P.S. does not have any 'rules'
against nudism. But the "Local" bureaucrats can be
a real pain in the chair about this. Tread lightly :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Thanks, guys. I didn't know whether it was local or NPS rules, but I do know the NPS rangers had been enforcing it on the Nat'l Seashore.

I found this statement on a website, though it is not a NPS official statement:

Visitors to the site have long experienced the acceptence and
tacit approval of both NPS and US Fish & Wildlife Rangers towards
clothing-optional recreational use in isolated sections of their
respective areas, even though mere nudity is a misdemeanor violation
under North Carolina's Indecent Exposure law. Even though Title 18 of
the US Code, section 13, assimilates state and local ordinances on Federal
lands, and allows Rangers to enforce these laws on areas with concurrent
jurisdiction, there is no constitutional requirement that Rangers enforce
these laws. Rather, they can use their own discretion, as they have been
doing all these years. NPS policy statements written in response to
various inquiries have stated that it is NPS policy to initiate action
concerning nude sunbathers only if there is a complaint from another visitor, and to
first handle the complaint informally by asking that people get dressed.
If the person does not comply with the Ranger's request, then the policy
allows him to issue a written warning or citation for violation of either
various Codes of Federal Regulations or various state or local ordinances.

Another non-official website reported an inquiry to the NPS about nudity, and the blogger reported being told by rangers that topless sunbathing was not prohibited but that genitals and anus had to be covered, and a thong bikini bottom was the minimum standard of coverage allowed. Again, that was a travel blogger report regarding Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and not an official statement.

The appearance is that NPS rangers may enforce the NC law at their discretion, but that may vary by circumstance and administrator. So, in other words, clear as mud.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sounds like a page from Virginia lawmaking process. We don't have any laws in Virginia... we have assumptions, and the law enforcement officer often decides whats legal or not.

Generally, everything is legal in VA unless someone has an issue with it.

Or another way of putting it is everything is legal as long as you don't get caught! :twisted:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

dillon wrote:
HG.org wrote:There are no federal laws either for or against nudity...
Thanks, guys. I didn't know whether it was local or NPS rules, but I do know the NPS rangers had been enforcing it on the Nat'l Seashore....

The appearance is that NPS rangers may enforce the NC law at their discretion, but that may vary by circumstance and administrator. So, in other words, clear as mud.
Please note that, sad to say, there are two Federal lands where nudity is specifically outlawed: the Cape Cod National Seashore in Massachusetts and the Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park in Hawaii.

------Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I know I wouldn't want to go out nude. but I'd like to be able to if I wanted. that's key here. if I wanted. in Alabama, I have never seen a nude sunbather. or even a thong on a female.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

Bamaskirting wrote:I know I wouldn't want to go out nude. but I'd like to be able to if I wanted. that's key here. if I wanted. in Alabama, I have never seen a nude sunbather. or even a thong on a female.
I've seen nude sunbathers in Alabama. It was in the early 70's at a gravel pit outside Montgomery. I think near Witumpka. I was living there for a year or so and was dating a girl who took me out for a swim. There were a dozen or so couples swimming and sunbathing, all nude and all very relaxed and friendly. I've seen the same here in Ohio. Same situation, a gravel pit. I was laying in the sun, eyes closed when I heard someone nearby. I looked up to see a Mom and Dad with their kids stripping down next to me. Natural as can be.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

rick401r wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:I know I wouldn't want to go out nude. but I'd like to be able to if I wanted. that's key here. if I wanted. in Alabama, I have never seen a nude sunbather. or even a thong on a female.
I've seen nude sunbathers in Alabama. It was in the early 70's at a gravel pit outside Montgomery. I think near Witumpka. I was living there for a year or so and was dating a girl who took me out for a swim. There were a dozen or so couples swimming and sunbathing, all nude and all very relaxed and friendly. I've seen the same here in Ohio. Same situation, a gravel pit. I was laying in the sun, eyes closed when I heard someone nearby. I looked up to see a Mom and Dad with their kids stripping down next to me. Natural as can be.
In the south, you need to understand the difference between "naked" and "nekkid"; naked means you are fully disrobed, and nekkid means you are fully disrobed and you're up to something... :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...