me in long dresses in L.A.!.. :)

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
kstny

me in long dresses in L.A.!.. :)

Post by kstny »

i just joined this org!... :)

my intro is in the Intro Section, "hello from los angeles!"...

here r sime pics of me in long dresses, too!...

as i said in my intro: if it's above 60, i'm in a skirt (or dress)!.. :)

here's my website, where u can see more pics of me in skirts and dress in L.A.: www.kstny.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: me in long dresses in L.A.!.. :)

Post by hoborob »

I like the looks there kstny, I just can't do the sleeveless look I burn too easily.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

You not only seem to have the svelt frame to suit that type of dress but you also have the weather to justify wearing them. Since our weather is at best changeable - in Britain this means having every type of weather in one day - the temperature is in the single figures new money. Brrrr. More weather for thick woollies, thick skirts and thick tights.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Love the website too, OP :wink:
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I like your Instagram page. I don't share skirt pics on mine but I gave you a follow. great stuff!
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

And welcome to the café!! Thanks for sharing.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
kstny

Post by kstny »

thanks to everyone for ur support!.. :)

@hoborob ...i am wearing SPF 2,000 sunscreen.. ;)

@sinned ...born and raised in NYC, after raising my 4 kids and wasting 51 years of my life in NYC, i moved to L.A. with the mantra: i will never shovel snow, nor rake a leaf, again!... :)

@kilty ...thanks!..i do all my own websites and graphic arts!.. :)

@bamaskirting ...thanks for the Instagram follow, i think i guessed right and followed u back!.. :)

@skirtingtheissue ...thanks!...i have lots to share... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Talk to Carl - crfriend - about shovelling snow. From some of his posts he's our resident hexpert. :!:

I'm off to Jamaica in July and expect to be wearing very little most of the time. Since MOH will probably throw a dicky fit if I try and take any skirts I will take several sarongs along and wear them. The occasion is my eldest son's marriage so her family will be there also. Not met them yet and I don't think that they know I wear skirts. If I get on with them then I'll tell them. They hail from the south of England - Milton Keynes area - whereas we are from the north east so maybe they will be posher than us. Not that that will bother me - I am who I am and don't put on the airs and graces. Doffs hat, touches forelock and bows slightly.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
kstny

Post by kstny »

@sinned...congrats!...i have four kids (3 biological/1 adopted) and 6 grandchildren!...i started really early.. :)

the only thing i know about posh: i live near Beverly Hills and have walked past Posh Spice (and david beckam's) house many times...never met her, tho...but i was in a skirt!.. :)

imho, take a skirt, and just wear it the first day, the first time u leave ur hotel room!..after all, ur the happy go lucky, out there dad, who's is confident enough not to care what people think!....worst thing: u play it off as a joke, best thing: ur a hit and u run to the store and buy another for the next day!... :)

my kids shake their heads and think i'm a nut!...their friends, however, think i'm the coolest, hipest dad and wish i was their dad!!!.. :)

u might be surprized!!!!...
image.jpeg
:)
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sinned wrote:Talk to Carl - crfriend - about shovelling snow. From some of his posts he's our resident hexpert. :!:

I'm off to Jamaica in July and expect to be wearing very little most of the time. Since MOH will probably throw a dicky fit if I try and take any skirts I will take several sarongs along and wear them. The occasion is my eldest son's marriage so her family will be there also. Not met them yet and I don't think that they know I wear skirts. If I get on with them then I'll tell them. They hail from the south of England - Milton Keynes area - whereas we are from the north east so maybe they will be posher than us. Not that that will bother me - I am who I am and don't put on the airs and graces. Doffs hat, touches forelock and bows slightly.
Don't wear a skirt in Jamaica unles you want to be flown back in a body bag :shock: Even in the most touristy areas, you will be setting yourself up for trouble. A kilt is Ok and acceptable mens wear in Jamaica but even a sarong might cause unnecessary grief. Just advising as I know the culture and acceptance levels concerning fashion freedom. Dress in your room, but dinner in a cocktail dress is a no no :roll:
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

kilty wrote:
Sinned wrote:Talk to Carl - crfriend - about shovelling snow. From some of his posts he's our resident hexpert. :!:

Don't wear a skirt in Jamaica unles you want to be flown back in a body bag :shock: Even in the most touristy areas, you will be setting yourself up for trouble. A kilt is Ok and acceptable mens wear in Jamaica but even a sarong might cause unnecessary grief. Just advising as I know the culture and acceptance levels concerning fashion freedom. Dress in your room, but dinner in a cocktail dress is a no no :roll:
i would not have thought Jamaica was that bad
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Bamaskirting wrote:
kilty wrote:

i would not have thought Jamaica was that bad
Perhaps it's all the wannabe Jamaicans in my part of SW London that reinforce my view. I would still go on the side of caution though.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We will probably be around the beach or the hotel much of the time and I am careful when going to a country for the first time. It is 5 star so most everything we need will be there I would expect. I will be wearing a sarong where possible as this is just a long oblong of material and shouldn't cause offence. We certainly won't be going anywhere dodgy. The occasion is my eldest son's wedding and my needs on a holiday somewhere hot are very simple - a sunbed, swimming pool, plenty to imbibe and eat and some books to read on my kindle. But warnings noted.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Dennis,
Two thoughts on your upcoming travel:

1) Sunscreen. You guys from the Isles tend to be a bit pasty-fleshed, so protect yourself. A sunburn is a bummer when you're on vacation, though we here in the southern US probably have a higher risk of skin cancer because of our way of life, which keeps us exposed.

2) Insect repellent. Zika virus is not just a threat to pregnant women, but may also be associated with Guillain-Barré syndrome, which can cause various sorts of paralysis in adults. The epidemiology for Zika:GBS so far is mainly observational and unquantified. The Zika illness itself, though is generally mild. Some people may not even realize they are sick.

Otherwise, have a great vacation!

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/active-countries.html

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/about/gbs-qa.html
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dillon, thanks for the warning. On the first point I can tan quite readily in equatorial climes as the sun is more overhead. I start out with high factor sunscreen and tone down as the days go on. In a recent holiday in Lanzagrote I sunbathed without sunscreen for the whole fortnight in November and the temperature was in the 80's. But I will take care. Here at home sunscreen or not I burn which is why I go abroad for my tan.

On the second point I didn't know that the mozzies carrying the virus were not just confined to the Brazilian area in SA but MOH always takes plenty of anti-mozzy sprays/creams, even though we haven't needed them up to now but I will tell her to pack them. No point in taking chances. We were at our local surgery a week ago to see if we needed any inoculations topping up and we didn't but they didn't say anything about this. Apparently there isn't yet a preventative vaccine for this.