me in long dresses in L.A.!.. :)

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: me in long dresses in L.A.!.. :)

Post by dillon »

Yeah, zika is widespread now, and we are expecting it here in coastal NC sometime in the summer. It will take a couple years before they have a vaccine even ready to test.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:Yeah, zika is widespread now, and we are expecting it here in coastal NC sometime in the summer. It will take a couple years before they have a vaccine even ready to test.
There is some suspicion that it might even make it all the way up into New England, especially factoring climate change into the equation. The mosquitoes are already here, all we need now is a reserve of the disease to make life very, very, difficult. Ditto yellow fever. Hopefully a vaccine will be available before the reservoir moves north by gradual spread.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

crfriend wrote:
dillon wrote:Yeah, zika is widespread now, and we are expecting it here in coastal NC sometime in the summer. It will take a couple years before they have a vaccine even ready to test.
There is some suspicion that it might even make it all the way up into New England, especially factoring climate change into the equation. The mosquitoes are already here, all we need now is a reserve of the disease to make life very, very, difficult. Ditto yellow fever. Hopefully a vaccine will be available before the reservoir moves north by gradual spread.
One good hurricane can get it there. I worked in MA two summers as a teen, remodeling an old house in a Boston suburb. I recall the mosquitoes as being plentiful. And it's when I became a Sox fan.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...