Favourite shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Favourite shoes

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jeff its easy just go to amazon get a regular pair of pumps and then paint the bottom red :lol: :lol: :lol:

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi JeffB,

they are pricey but the shape is unique... there aren't any other shoes that are as high either ( I think the 130 hot chick/hot wave/merci allen CL's are the only shoes at that high a heel without any platform etc) - so its more for how your foot feels inside the shoe that these pumps are amazing. They are a fun shoe for experienced wearers because they still feel really high underfoot.
CLs have a shorter toe box than almost every other pump - and that makes them look unique.

Also - I have purchased half my hot chicks 2nd hand - because they are a quality shoe - they last well - and many women have bought them and worn them once or twice - but they are often too much heel for part-time heel wearers. So I get a mine for around 2/3rd the price or less in some cases.

Oh - and they are no longer made I think - which will increase the price of the shoes now I suspect. I heard that last year Louboutin stopped making the hot chick and hot wave. Not sure about the merci allen or - it might still be made but it has a rounded toe.

Anyway - I just love wearing the hot chicks - and I get so many compliments, its like addictive.

cheers
NZF

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

here are the soles.
you know you could paint them - but it would have to be very thin coats to get the same effect?

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:26 pm
Hi JeffB,

they are pricey but the shape is unique... there aren't any other shoes that are as high either ( I think the 130 hot chick/hot wave/merci allen CL's are the only shoes at that high a heel without any platform etc) - so its more for how your foot feels inside the shoe that these pumps are amazing. They are a fun shoe for experienced wearers because they still feel really high underfoot.
CLs have a shorter toe box than almost every other pump - and that makes them look unique.

Also - I have purchased half my hot chicks 2nd hand - because they are a quality shoe - they last well - and many women have bought them and worn them once or twice - but they are often too much heel for part-time heel wearers. So I get a mine for around 2/3rd the price or less in some cases.

Oh - and they are no longer made I think - which will increase the price of the shoes now I suspect. I heard that last year Louboutin stopped making the hot chick and hot wave. Not sure about the merci allen or - it might still be made but it has a rounded toe.

Anyway - I just love wearing the hot chicks - and I get so many compliments, its like addictive.

cheers
NZF
Well, I'm glad you enjoy those shoes which certainly do look good on you. I wasn't aware the toe box wasn't as long as it looked from pictures I've seen. Most interesting. By the by, there's a Louboutin store at the King of Prussia Mall, one of my favorite locations for freestyling, I wandered in once and was floored from how gorgeous the shoes were up close and personal.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.

jamodu

Post by jamodu »

For USA members here, I recommend - https://www.hotter.com/us/en/viewallwomens - as their standard width women's shoes are an easy fit for men.

I've bought several pairs from the UK store, and can highly recommend them. I take a Size 9 (UK) in Men’s Shoes. For Hotter Women’s Shoes, I buy in Size 8 (UK) and they always fit perfectly.

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ralph wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Oh wow, my toes cramped up just looking at that picture! So... very... pointy...
There are a lot of pumps that have nice rounded toes too!
In my opinion I prefer the look of the pointed toe - but I also like the play of a rounded toe, which to me is more like a maryjane toe - or a casual toe, paired with a bit of a heel - its sort of a combination of 2 extremes making something a little unique in terms of a style.

My point is there are so many pumps out there to try and choose from - these pics are a shoe called 'Fifi' available in several heel heights, they are the exact same heel/shoe as the 'So Kate' that everyone seems to rave about - except these have a rounded toe !!
Again they keep the toe short - but it is rounded and fits comfortably.

these are the Fifi 120mm in a EU 39.5

Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I just may have to get a pair of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tan-Brown-Plat ... 2599689603

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?

jamodu

Post by jamodu »

On buying a new Dress, my Wife assisted me in choosing a matching Cardigan. Once that was done with, She insisted on buying me a matching pair of heels from Hotter. It’s been a good day.

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/viviene-he ... on%20Multi

jamodu

Post by jamodu »

My latest acquisition, reduced in the Hotter sale from £79 to £23 (with extra discount code). I bought one pair in Red, and another in Grey.

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/charmaine- ... ck%20Multi