Mutant Garments

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mutant Garments

Post by dillon »

Sinned wrote:For the purple and blue efforts from the back it looks more like Yosemite Sam.
Nce to see that I am not the only Looney Tunes fan on here... I don't feel stupd any more.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

dillon wrote:Of course you could shoplift hams and turkeys from the supermarket in pants like those... :shock:
Could be a variation on "budgie smugglers".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:Nice to see that I am not the only Looney Tunes fan on here... I don't feel stupid any more.
There is no reason in creation to feel "stupid" for enjoying the "Looney Tunes" genre.

I can safely say that I am not alone in my long-standing "rooting for the underdog" in Wile E. Coyote, for I know that there are others. They just don't admit it publicly. (I was also rooting for the shark in Jaws. Somehow I always manage to pick the wrong team.) :P
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote:
Sinned wrote:For the purple and blue efforts from the back it looks more like Yosemite Sam.
Nce to see that I am not the only Looney Tunes fan on here... I don't feel stupd any more.
I have been a Looney Tunes fan since I was old enough to go to the movies! I still am!! I like Marvin the Martian :lol: . Him and Bugs Bunny are my faves.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

No shame Dillon, looks like you're in good company. Looney Tunes, Bugs, Daffy, Tom 'n' Gerry, Scooby Doo et al. Loved them all. I take every opportunity to re-watch them with the youngest members of the family and delight in their laughter. Brings out the inner child in me. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Count me among the Looney Tunes fans. I loved, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Saw it several times. I remember the first time I saw it, I flipped out for joy when the private eye got into the speakeasy and I saw "Donald Duck and Daffy Duck on the same stage!"
Oh yeah, they can do anything in the cartoons ... but it was a great sequence.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I loved Looney Tunes, also loved Merry Melodies. I have no idea who did what cartoons but loved Bugs Bubnny, Sylvester and just about everything they all did. I was never really a fan of the Disney cartoons.
Then the Simpsons happened, loved it when it was funny but I thought the Simpsons changed and just stopped being funny, around the time Futerama happened, I don't think the Simpsons ever really recovered, for me these days it is Family Guy and Futerama, I have sort of lost touch with South Park but liked it when it started.

Does anyone remember "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home?" a family cartoon sitcom, sort of The Simpsons before The Simpsons were hatched.

Then in big rubber suit and puppet land Disney produced Dinosaurs, brilliant! Seems such a long time ago now, but I have managed to buy the DVDs, still good even now.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Big and Bashful wrote:I loved Looney Tunes, also loved Merry Melodies. I have no idea who did what cartoons but loved Bugs Bubnny, Sylvester and just about everything they all did. I was never really a fan of the Disney cartoons.
Then the Simpsons happened, loved it when it was funny but I thought the Simpsons changed and just stopped being funny, around the time Futerama happened, I don't think the Simpsons ever really recovered, for me these days it is Family Guy and Futerama, I have sort of lost touch with South Park but liked it when it started.

Does anyone remember "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home?" a family cartoon sitcom, sort of The Simpsons before The Simpsons were hatched.

Then in big rubber suit and puppet land Disney produced Dinosaurs, brilliant! Seems such a long time ago now, but I have managed to buy the DVDs, still good even now.
The Simpsons were among my cartoons or choice as a teenager (in the mid 90's). I still think they're making episodes, and I believe it holds the record as the longest running TV series. Other cartoons I enjoyed at the time were, Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, and other "Nickelodeon" favorites of the day.

I will confess, I don't watch the Simpsons like I used to, but I would if I could. I simply don't get the reception, but I do own a few DVD episodes. And of course I've still got some of my old VHS recordings of the earlier episodes.... complete with those 90's commercials that I didn't cut out. :lol:

My early childhood was on Looney Tunes, and a few Disney movies. I pride myself that I was brought up in a world of TRUE animation, back before the advent of computer animation, animators actually had to DRAW their cartoons, and you can tell the difference in some of the older ones. In some, especially the Disney movies, in addition to the older cartoons, you could actually see the brush strokes. I feel it really gave the cartoons "soul". It's like an vinyl record is to a CD.... no comparison!

Disney movies just seem so "cheap" these days. Virtually all are rendered in some type of "3D" animation, and can be produced in a fraction of the time (and cost I would assume). Why I bet most animators now have seldom even used a real paint brush.

These day's my cartoons or choice are Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, and Adventure Time. Back when we used to have cable, I enjoyed a lot of the programming on Cartoon Network.

But I do pride myself somewhat being of the last generation that knows what a "Saturday morning cartoon" is! And spent many-a-Saturday morning watching them, eating my cereal (part of this complete breakfast), and getting excited about the prize in the box. Later, around 11AM the shows would go off and the boring "adult stuff"[0] would come on, and we would go outside and play, often time acting out, or "pretending" to be the characters we had watched earlier. (the ORIGINAL cosplay!) Of course, there were no actual costumes, we had to use that long lost human feature called an IMAGINATION!

Ah... 35 years old... old enough to have memories... young enough to remember them! :lol:

I was so free then. The modern adult world, it slowly erodes my imagination, it takes my freedom to think. There is no greater slavery than having your thoughts controlled.
That's okay though, I told my daughter Amber.... when she grows up... I'm gonna grow down. I plan on being a happy little old man that just doesn't give a damn! :D .. And wearing skirts is part of that program! :P

[0] To the 11 year old Moon Shadow, and "adult program" wasn't the same as it is to a 35 year old Moon Shadow. Back then, my definition of an "adult program" were something like, preaching, soap operas, infomercials, etc... stuff that my parents would watch.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

moonshadow wrote:Later, around 11AM the shows would go off and the boring "adult stuff"[0] would come on, and we would go outside and play, often time acting out, or "pretending" to be the characters we had watched earlier. (the ORIGINAL cosplay!) Of course, there were no actual costumes, we had to use that long lost human feature called an IMAGINATION!
Actually, it's roleplay, not cosplay as you are acting as the characters in question.
らき☆
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Judah14 wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Later, around 11AM the shows would go off and the boring "adult stuff"[0] would come on, and we would go outside and play, often time acting out, or "pretending" to be the characters we had watched earlier. (the ORIGINAL cosplay!) Of course, there were no actual costumes, we had to use that long lost human feature called an IMAGINATION!
Actually, it's roleplay, not cosplay as you are acting as the characters in question.
Nobody bats a thousand. 8) (I stand corrected) - The term (both) are somewhat new to me. Back then I, and my cousins always called it "pretend".

That's what I get for trying to be "hip" with the new dialect!

--Guess I'm just getting too old to think I can run with the kids-- :cry:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:Nobody bats a thousand. 8) (I stand corrected) - The term (both) are somewhat new to me. Back then I, and my cousins always called it "pretend". That's what I get for trying to be "hip" with the new dialect!
--Guess I'm just getting too old to think I can run with the kids-- :cry:
Nobody gets to old to run with the kids. :cheers: Only when we die do we stop running. :doh: I am 73 and still watch cartoons and really enjoy them. I remember the Saturday morning at the movies, we had 5 or 6 color cartoons, 1 or 2 serials, a short film, a news reel, and then the feature film. Every one paid a quarter or fifty cents at the most to get in, OH where have those wonderful days gone. I am also young enough to remember laying on the floor in the dark and listening to the Shadow on the radio, I enjoyed most of the radio shows except for the soap operas. Those were my mothers favorite. The one thing I miss about radio is you had to use your imagination to see the actors. Today kids do not have active imaginations it is all presented to them on a silver platter.

So today I no longer consider my self an adult. :alien: I am a skirt wearing youngster with a great imagination :!: :!:

Return with me now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, The Lone Ranger Rides Again!!

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It's amazing how a throwaway comment can cause thread drift. With the Simpsons it was such a hit with my sons and I that we could recite loads and loads of their one-liners. I agree that somewhere along the line the humour became sharper and less obvious. Like Moon I watch it when I can but I no longer hunger to watch it. Futurama is good.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
jimskirts

Post by jimskirts »

The zootsuit returns......kinda...sorta......
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

People really wear these things - in public.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

In my opinion, with the name of "craptin" the back view suggests something awfully stinky is inside that wretched bottom garment. I think he would look much better wearing a halter dress.

At first glance of the right picture it almost looks like the two gentlemen on either side are about to take Anthony into custody.

John