Nail polish on toes wife's reaction

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
derail3

Nail polish on toes wife's reaction

Post by derail3 »

I get a petticure one a month. The wife thinks this is a great idea. Normally I have the nails just buffed out after trimming. This time the nail tec held up five different colors on nail polish she had in her work tray. Smiled and said what color? On a whim I said yes black. When I got home the wife wanted to know why I painted them. I told her about the tech offer to paint them and was feeling a little adventuress. After about a hour she said. "the polish has to come off it is to girly but not right now" later we talk again she agreed that that I could keep it till the next petticure and that she may change her mind.
Her reaction to the polish surprised me. This is a woman that enjoys it when I wear one of my Utilikits ( only kilts I own) and encrouges me to wear them.

Have any of you painted your toe nails, and what was the relation of the wife/girlfriend.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nail polish on toes wife's reaction

Post by dillon »

Many of us do. There is a thread for this in this forum.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Yes and I have OPI passion on right now. Pedicure some time before the first of the month. Then I will change to OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

derail3 wrote:Have any of you painted your toe nails, and what was the relation of the wife/girlfriend.
I'm a natural kind of fellow (also a naturist), and keep my toe nails a natural color (but clip them short because I don't like them catching on the sheets.) My wife has the same preferences.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

derail3 wrote:Have any of you painted your toe nails,
Yes, I keep my toe nails painted almost all of the time, however I haven't had any on for about a week.

I also have been known to paint my finger nails, but only on "free" weekends. That being said, I don't think I'm going to bother with it this weekend because the weather is going to be lousy, and I don't really expect to go anywhere.
derail3 wrote:and what was the relation of the wife/girlfriend.
She said "oh".

That was all.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I don't have a wife/girlfriend, so there was no reaction when I first had mine done in January of 2009 (I think :? ). I had been getting weekly manicures for about six months at that time and when the pedicure was finished the woman doing it looked up at me and asked "What color?" I was originally going to do clear like I was wearing on my hands, but I ended up asking for a pale pink. They've been an assortment of bolder colors since. Still the same nail person though. I generally wear sandals on the weekend to share the color with the world. The only comments I've ever had have been friendly.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I do my toes quite often and will go with blue, silver, light pink, or white. My partner doesn't mind a bit. I asked him one day, "What color do you want on your toes?" He just smiled and said, "None... thanks!" On a recent business trip, my boss saw my blues toes and didn't say a thing... cool! :) I do my fingers a lot on the weekends but not during the week. Knowing my boss like I do, he'd probably say in a polite way, "Not in front of the clients!"

--Rick
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:
derail3 wrote:Have any of you painted your toe nails,
Yes, I keep my toe nails painted almost all of the time, however I haven't had any on for about a week.

I also have been known to paint my finger nails, but only on "free" weekends. That being said, I don't think I'm going to bother with it this weekend because the weather is going to be lousy, and I don't really expect to go anywhere.
derail3 wrote:and what was the relation of the wife/girlfriend.
She said "oh".

That was all.

I didn't say oh. I said now we match :) Cause we had the same color toe nails.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

When I get a petticure i have them paint them a light pink or beige.
I don't go barefoot that often but when I do no one has said anything about my nail polish.

:ugeek: