Dexter Cheston fashions Feb 2016

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Dexter Cheston fashions Feb 2016

Post by skirtingtoday »

Found this set of fashion pics - don't know about all of you but I would wear a lot of them!

http://www.fashionforwardmen.com/2016/0 ... sxter.html
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dexter Cheston fashions Feb 2016

Post by r.m.anderson »

Pretty bad when you have to use a parking Garage for a fashion photo shoot !

I am not against new fashions but just give me traditional women's garments skirts dresses shorts blouses what have you and I am happy !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

The text did not make much sense :
" A gender fluid collection, DEXTERDEXTERDEXTER places itself it the category of brands who recognize that certain articles of apparel should be limited to one sex. "

At least the clothes shown were wearable, which is not often the case with flamboyant fashion shows. Dulll colours -- just what men like !!!

Martin
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm: I'm wondering if a word was left out of this statement -
...brands who recognize that certain articles of apparel should be limited to one sex. "
In my opinion it should've read -

"...that certain articles of apparel should NOT be limited to one sex. "

Makes more sense this way and by the styles presented, I'ld have to
agree that some of them I would wear.

:hmmm: Has anyone contacted the writer of the article to clarify this statement :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I could go for some of those too, Al.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

2_LOOK_FW16M_Dexter-1.jpg
The pencil skirts are a decent length, especially when teamed with the knee high boots! Doesn't look outlandish of weird as many designers portray men in skirts or dresses whrn on the catwalk. Actually looks like something men could just go out and wear which is great. I will just buy my skirts on ebay for a fraction of the price a mens skirt from one of these designers would cost :mrgreen: I am after some boots though :)
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

To me the look with the skirt is fine even if it is a pencil skirt. The boots on the other hand detract from the overall look. The Top and vest are basically fitted, the skirt is fitted, the boots on the other hand are just loose looking. To me a boot that is more fitted to the thigh such as a stretch patent type with or without heels would have put the look over the top.

I'd get the skirt if I had the funds to do so but the boots are a plan "Fail" to me.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

hoborob wrote:To me the look with the skirt is fine even if it is a pencil skirt.... I'd get the skirt if I had the funds to do so
You could buy a brown pencil skirt and a decent pair of knee high men's boots off ebay for a fraction of the price. That's what I do :wink:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Weren't the footwear dreadful. Some of the more innocuous I would wear but then fashion shows are never about wearable, on the street, clothes, are they.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, the clothes were nice, though pricey as sin I suspect. But the boots were absolutely hideous!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

kilty wrote: You could buy a brown pencil skirt and a decent pair of knee high men's boots off ebay for a fraction of the price. That's what I do :wink:
Absolutely, and more satisfying too.

If any of those Dexter Cheston fashions came up on ebay cheaply, I still don't think I would be tempted, pretty boring really.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

I quite like the second to last one, except for the scarf. The skirt (?) and shoes are striking and science-fiction-y. Although liking them is one thing and actually wanting to wear them for everyday purposes is another. :)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

It's frustrating that while men's skirts have apparently become a fixture on the runway, they're still rare in real life.

I wonder if anyone actually buys the designer styles, and where they wear them.

And if no one's wearing them, then I wonder why the designers keep producing them. Maybe they keep hoping, or maybe it's become a competition, or maybe it just (hopefully) shows their creativity.

Not that I want them to stop...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Whenever I see ridiculous "high fashion" from the Paris runways, I think of an old I Love Lucy episode when they managed to take a trip to Paris, and Lucy insisted that she would not leave without a brand new fashion outfit. Ricky got the upper hand by paying one of the models to strut down the runway in an old burlap sack, thinking he could then just get a cheap sack to give Lucy.

It worked perfectly. Lucy saw the sack on the model and truly believed it was cutting-edge Parisian fashion, so Ricky went to find a similar sack to give her... only to find that the fake outfit created such a stir that burlap sacks were selling for hundreds of dollars.

That episode pretty much sums up my opinion of designer fashions :-P
Ralph!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I'm not saying that fashion designers have any hold over you, me, or anyone else. And their designs are extreme. Very few, if any, people ever wear a design straight off the runway.

But the top designers do influence designers a peg down, and they designers another level down, and so forth until you get to the people who design the everyday fashions we see in stores. And those levels are vague beyond belief. And a lot gets changed or watered down as it travels from Paris, Milan, and New York to your friendly neighborhood Kohl's.

But it is striking how long those top designers have been showing skirts for men, and how little influence they've had, and yet how they keep it up.
Last edited by Caultron on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron