first time in public with a skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

first time in public with a skirt

Post by Bamaskirting »

i just wore my first skirt in public to a few stores.it was a very liberating experience. i wore a regular black tank though.
i must get out more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: first time in public with a skirt

Post by Caultron »

grlyboy wrote:i just wore my first skirt in public to a few stores.it was a very liberating experience. i wore a regular black tank though.
i must get out more
Congratulations! From here it only gets easier.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Wasn't that fun? Didn't that feel great? It does keep getting better, too. Nice going!
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

skirtingtheissue wrote:Wasn't that fun? Didn't that feel great? It does keep getting better, too. Nice going!
Yeah it definitely was. I'd already went to park and to store in yoga pants. Half scared to death. Was not as nervous this time in skirt. It's just unbelievable that I walked into an Alabama gas station and the lady cashier didn't even bad an eye. I've never seen a guy wearing skirt or dress around here. One time this goth guy had a long flowing dress on.
I definitely want to venture out more. I don't want to wear skirts 24/7. But I like the feeling that I should be able to when I desire. With no ridicule or problems
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

grlyboy wrote:i just wore my first skirt in public to a few stores.it was a very liberating experience. i wore a regular black tank though.
i must get out more
Well done! I've worn outfits similar to yours in the summer which gets plenty hot in my neck of the woods and it's quite comfortable. The first time out in public while wearing a skirt, regardless of the time of year can be more than a little unnerving because you don't know what to expect. But, once those imaginary fears turn out to be unfounded, that's when things become enjoyable, and yes, it does get easier from there. Keep on keeping on!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Great stuff - the first time is the worst - and you have got over that! 8) :D

Thereafter it gets easier as you realise that most folks don't bother - to the extent you wonder if they even notice!

Keep it up!

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

skirtingtoday wrote:Great stuff - the first time is the worst - and you have got over that! 8) :D

Thereafter it gets easier as you realise that most folks don't bother - to the extent you wonder if they even notice!

Keep it up!

Ross
i know! i swear they do not. a Mexican asked about it but did not say anything negative. and the cashier was really cool. i wore a dress today. just to the dollar store and to pump gas. it is this one. it is labeled as a Victoria's Secret coverup dress. It is kind of short, so I wore some opaque tights. I will post picture. I need better shoes though. all I have is black Nikes. And where I live people generally do not where this stuff. I do not think my legs has ever felt the wind like that. I still cannot get over how comfortable skirts and dresses are. i like wearing bras. So if i go without a bra, the comfort level is through the roof! I always thought a good fitting pair of jeans was comfortable. And they are. But not nowhere near the level of a skirt or dress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

grlyboy wrote:<snip> I like wearing bras. So if I go without a bra, the comfort level is through the roof! <snip>
[MOD HAT - ON]

Please note - Forum Rules #6 - No discussion of artificial body parts
or pieces of clothing meant for body parts that men do not have.
That is not men's fashion

The only discussion of "Underwear" permitted is if the 'item' enhances the skirt/dress.
A petticoat IS permitted as it makes some skirts look better and the wearer
doesn't trip on the hem. A slip(American style**) is used to prevent 'see-through'.
A Bra is not discussed unless the wearer has a medical need for it. This rarely happens
here but a couple of members have medical requirements for it.

(**)A 'slip' in Europe usually refers to the American underwear brief.

PLEASE refrain from this type/item of discussion!

[MOD HAT - OFF]

Uncle Al
Admin Staff

:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

(the Admin Staff don't have enough fire extinguishers on hand to put out
any major flame wars ;) -note, must re-order fire extinguishers- )
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

They will probably delete me from here. I like this forum and want to learn. But I mentioned a bra in a respectful way and get chastised for it. And by the way it DOES enhance a dress. Or is dresses permitted? A dress is a bit loose up top to make room for extra body parts I don't have. So that bra I was supposedly not supposed to mention helps hold the straps on my shoulders.
I try to show respect here. But this is ridiculous. Delete me. I'll be back anyways. I have at least 8 emails.
And for all the other members,besides the mod this rant is aimed at, has been disrespected by me, I sincerely apologize.

I appreciate you all trying to keep this a respectful community, but this is too much. Besides,there is a topic here that distinctly says crossdressing if I remember correctly. I want to stay on here. But this is not that serious. I've got nothing but good feedback here. I don't mind criticism. Never mind. No sense wasting my time
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Those of us who have made thousands of posts here only refer to items of apparel that one can see, which includes tights, but that's as far as it goes, or should.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Kirbstone wrote:Those of us who have made thousands of posts here only refer to items of apparel that one can see, which includes tights, but that's as far as it goes, or should.

Tom.
i agree. do not get me wrong. i do. but i am not making a discussion on "that item" as the rule states. i am just mentioning it in passing. i am who i am. things are going to get mentioned from time to time. i do not see anything wrong with that. if i am wrong i am wrong. something similar happened when i first joined. the moderator had the decency to send me a private message. maybe i am in the wrong. well...we all obviously like skirts. many many people think that is wrong, especially in america. no way i can go out in my commubity. i have to go into the city. but it is perceived as wrong. but we do not care. we do it anyways. so apparently many of us are wrong here. not just me by using the b word as related to comfort.

but anyways i shoul not be angry. but i am. other than that, i really enjoy this community and have gotten some great feedback. i would even change my name. i did not understand totally what this forum was about. after i am removed, which i most likely will be, i will come back and try it again.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Kirbstone wrote:Those of us who have made thousands of posts here only refer to items of apparel that one can see, which includes tights, but that's as far as it goes, or should.

Tom.
Careful Tom, some of us my still remember the picture you included in one of your earliest posts. :wink:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

girlyboy, I don't think anyone here really wants you gone. Most people here don't consider their selves crossdressers, and to many, it seems to be an unspoken rule that underwear crosses that line. I know there are some members here that are also members on crossdressing sites. And that's fine. I think the mods are just trying to keep this site from becoming another crossdressing site. To be fair, this site is one of a kind, and that's pretty cool.

A lot of members here (myself included) are also trying to bust the stereotype that a man simply wearing a feminine skirt is a crossdresser. We are trying to project the image that you can express yourself ANYWAY you want, and still be a man. Underwear, since it's not mean't to be seen, and thus really outwardly expresses nothing, would be irrelevant to the cause.

Disclaimer: I base this comment above based on my own opinion, and what I have seemed to have gathered from reading post from others on this site, particularly, the crossdressing thread. Of course.... officially, I speak for no one other than myself. Your mileage may vary.

:hide:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

moonshadow wrote:girlyboy, I don't think anyone here really wants you gone. Most people here don't consider their selves crossdressers, and to many, it seems to be an unspoken rule that underwear crosses that line. I know there are some members here that are also members on crossdressing sites. And that's fine. I think the mods are just trying to keep this site from becoming another crossdressing site. To be fair, this site is one of a kind, and that's pretty cool.

A lot of members here (myself included) are also trying to bust the stereotype that a man simply wearing a feminine skirt is a crossdresser. We are trying to project the image that you can express yourself ANYWAY you want, and still be a man. Underwear, since it's not mean't to be seen, and thus really outwardly expresses nothing, would be irrelevant to the cause.

Disclaimer: I base this comment above based on my own opinion, and what I have seemed to have gathered from reading post from others on this site, particularly, the crossdressing thread. Of course.... officially, I speak for no one other than myself. Your mileage may vary.

:hide:
I agree with you although I have a different view on the crossdresser thing. But I'm just irritated because it was something I mentioned. Not trying to start a discussion on it. I'm glad it's a clean site. And all he had to do was message me.
There is a write way and wrong way to do things.
But it's all good. Learning is all about life. An at least I got some great comments on my posts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, regardless of what happens on this site, keep on keepin on in Alabama. The deep south could certainly use a little more tolerance and a few more free thinkers. 8)

Peace!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.