Men don’t Wear Skirts because they Fear the Cold Wearing Sto

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Hemitom

Men don’t Wear Skirts because they Fear the Cold Wearing Sto

Post by Hemitom »

found online, do not agree with it......do you?? please comment...

http://www.thebrothersnetwork.net/cloth ... kings.html

Men don’t wear skirts because because they can’t. Okay, men have the option of wearing skirts if they want to. But, a guy has a more difficult time of wearing a skirt because he has something under that skirt that women don’t have. And when a man gets excited, the skirt would become more like a tent than a skirt. A man can hide his manhood in his pants. But, a man would have a much harder, (excuse the pun,) time of hiding his manhood in a skirt.

Men have a more difficult time of wearing skirts than women do, because of the way they have been created. While a man will need a little leeway in a pair of pants, he doesn’t need to show off his goods and services when he bends to pick something up. That would be a major hassle for a guy, when the wind picks his skirt up and carries it above his manhood area.

Men don’t wear skirts because they would get into all the hassles of what goes good with the skirt. And a guy would have to wear stockings with a skirt. Come on, get real, how could a guy, comfortably wear stockings all day long, Then there would be studies done on whether or not wearing stockings all day long for men cut down on their sperm production. Then, there would be major problems and the population of nations where men wear skirts instead of pants every day, would decrease so much, that it would be a terrible problem. With a man wearing pantyhose everyday, he would probably become infertile!

Just think what a guy would have to go through to wear a skirt. Men would have to shave all that hair off their legs, and then they would have to go to tanning salons to get their legs in shape to wear skirts. There could be an entire section in Wal-Mart and Target dedicated just for men’s’ products to make their legs look skirt worthy. Can you imagine men getting the hair ripped off their legs in beauty salons like in the movie “The Forty year old virgin” when Steve Carrell gets his chest hair waxed?

I can just picture a bunch of beer swilling bubbas at a football tailgate party in the parking lot cooking a manly meal, getting drunk, wearing their football jerseys when one of the guys says, “Does this skirt make my butt look big?” “Do these sneakers go with my skirt?”

Men don’t wear skirts because women do. Women wear skirts and dresses, with high heels and look really hot wearing them so that we drive men crazy. It’s all a part of who we are. It’s a part of our special mystique. It may sound sexist, but we look good in them so why take that away from us? While some guys look great in skirts. most men don’t. It gives men something to look at, as we walk by them swinging our hips back and forth, with our sexy skirt on and our sexy high heels.

Men don’t wear skirts because it’s not an accepted part of society. Men wear Scottish kilts-and that’s accepted because it’s part of their tradition. If men want to be in touch with their feminine side, then fine wear all the skirts you want. I’ll even help you shop for the right shoes to go with that skirt.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men don’t Wear Skirts because they Fear the Cold Wearing

Post by skirtingtheissue »

The author has made a rant about a subject that, as a woman, she is ignorant about. She is merely speculating about male skirt wearing, imagining issues that are not there (such as concerns about erections), making groundless assumptions (such as that men will have to shave their legs or wear stockings), and focusing on the sexuality of wearing skirts. It's a pretty pointless posting on her part that has little to do with the many things about skirt wearing that we have learned on this forum or learned in our own experiences.

For example, her first pronouncement, about the male anatomy, is actually backwards; the male anatomy is much better accommodated under a skirt than confined within pants. She assumes that men could not learn how to handle gusts of wind, or how to pick something off the ground. It's not really worth a lot of comments.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I looked to see if any comments could be posted but
found nothing. As far as I'm concerned, the author
would be great in Albuquerque, NM in October.
You know, the Hot Air Balloon Festival. Save on propane
for the 'burners' that way :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hemitom wrote:found online, do not agree with it......do you??
She's an idiot... But let's break her ignorance down.... because she clearly has no idea what she's talking about.... (for those with a since of humor, I'll refer you to my google plus page that shows a meme of Austin Power's Doctor Evil).... yeah... that's her.
Kate Johns wrote:Men don’t wear skirts because because they can’t.
Yes we can.... I'm wearing one now, and last time I checked, I still have my penis attached.
Kate Johns wrote: But, a guy has a more difficult time of wearing a skirt because he has something under that skirt that women don’t have. And when a man gets excited, the skirt would become more like a tent than a skirt. A man can hide his manhood in his pants. But, a man would have a much harder, (excuse the pun,) time of hiding his manhood in a skirt.
I know this may be difficult for some women to understand.... but for what it's worth... I do know how to exercise some level of self control. I can't remember the last time I was "turned on" by any other person other than my wife. And I'm NOT saying that because she's a member here and will no doubt read this. It's true! Attention misandrist women reading this: Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I want to have sex with you. I do have some class, and some standards. I know this is hard to accept... but you are simply not important to me what so ever. Don't believe me? Try me. Send me your most "attractive" woman from your lot, in her skimpiest outfit, watch me walk away. And guess what, my goods will be in check when I do. God... I get so annoyed when it seems like every women thinks that every man is some type of perverted horn dog. --End rant.
Kate Johns wrote:Men have a more difficult time of wearing skirts than women do, because of the way they have been created.
Wrong... I wear them with ease. The way I was created? What does she think we have some type of square or triangular waist or something?
Kate Johns wrote:While a man will need a little leeway in a pair of pants
Wrong again.... she's got it backwards... pants offer little leeway.
Kate Johns wrote:he doesn’t need to show off his goods and services when he bends to pick something up. That would be a major hassle for a guy, when the wind picks his skirt up and carries it above his manhood area.
Upskirts happen to women too! Maybe I don't want to see women's goods when the wind blows! Why do some women believe that their genitalia is some sort of blessing from the God's, and yet a man's is something to be ashamed of? And did it ever occur to her closed little mind that maybe.... just maybe I wear underwear?
Kate Johns wrote:Men don’t wear skirts because they would get into all the hassles of what goes good with the skirt. And a guy would have to wear stockings with a skirt. Come on, get real, how could a guy, comfortably wear stockings all day long, Then there would be studies done on whether or not wearing stockings all day long for men cut down on their sperm production. Then, there would be major problems and the population of nations where men wear skirts instead of pants every day, would decrease so much, that it would be a terrible problem. With a man wearing pantyhose everyday, he would probably become infertile!
You know... these type of women don't like it when men treat them as nothing more than baby carriers, yet I find this entire statement VERY degrading. As a man, I think I have other uses in life other than impregnating women. I thought the misandrist wanted us to be infertile! I've been operating on the assumption that they wanted to eliminate men from the gene pool all together and must make all female test tube babies!

A terrible problem? Yeah! I guess it would... think of all those child support payments these women WONT get! Oh the humanity! What is the world coming to!?! We can't go around having sterile men.... God no! What's next, God forbid men loose interest all together and start dating each other *GASP*
Kate Johns wrote:Just think what a guy would have to go through to wear a skirt. Men would have to shave all that hair off their legs, and then they would have to go to tanning salons to get their legs in shape to wear skirts. There could be an entire section in Wal-Mart and Target dedicated just for men’s’ products to make their legs look skirt worthy. Can you imagine men getting the hair ripped off their legs in beauty salons like in the movie “The Forty year old virgin” when Steve Carrell gets his chest hair waxed?
Yeah? So? What's wrong with this?
Kate Johns wrote:I can just picture a bunch of beer swilling bubbas at a football tailgate party in the parking lot cooking a manly meal, getting drunk, wearing their football jerseys when one of the guys says, “Does this skirt make my butt look big?” “Do these sneakers go with my skirt?”
ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!! How would this woman like it if I went around and demanded her to make me a sandwich? Clean the refrigerator? Do the dishes? It would be an outcry! Oh the feminist would @#$% a brick! Yet just because I'm a man I must be a beer guzzling, foot ball watching, raw steak on a tailgate eating, farting, belching, buffoon! I am none of these things! In my entire life I have never watched a complete sporting event. I don't care for beer, I like wine, I don't own any jersey's, and could care less! And to beat all, she degrades her own gender in the last part of the comment, by implying that women think of nothing more than vanity! It's an insult to women too! Gheeze how narrow minded is this woman???
Kate Johns wrote:Men don’t wear skirts because women do. Women wear skirts and dresses, with high heels and look really hot wearing them so that we drive men crazy. It’s all a part of who we are. It’s a part of our special mystique. It may sound sexist, but we look good in them so why take that away from us? While some guys look great in skirts. most men don’t. It gives men something to look at, as we walk by them swinging our hips back and forth, with our sexy skirt on and our sexy high heels.
Don't flatter yourself princess! Women don't drive me "crazy".... at least not in the way she thinks. They drive me crazy when they vomit stupid nonsense like this article. This comment makes me think she likes being viewed as a piece of meat! Well, she can just go ahead and "swing her hips" with that "special mystique" that she thinks she has.... because as far as I can tell, all evidence seems to indicate she's a pompous ass.

Whooo! I feel better now! That's been itching to get out for a loooong time! Praise God! Turn a cartwheel and pass the potato chips! Yee haw!
Hemitom wrote:please comment...
How's that? :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

After reading the article I had a few comments to make, but after reading the other posts already made everything I wanted to say has been said. I agree she is closed minded and uneducated. (Don't like the word stupid)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

There was so much idiocy and foolish bias from that woman about what she wrote, it's positively staggering.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I too agree with everything you guys have said. And well said I might add. No need to add to it. Besides I'm not as eloquent.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

What a load of rubbish !

In any case, do adult men get hard-ons because a woman walks by. I don't.
I do remember, during adolescence, that I'd get a hard-on during long, boring Latin lessons, for example (and dreaded being asked to stand up !) though there were no beautiful women swinging their hips there. I was wearing trousers or shorts at the time. It was just one of those things that happened growing up.

Unless you wear your skirts as a fetish to excite you, I can't see why an unexpected erection would be any more likely in one kind of garment than in another. We are surrounded by people all the time, some of whom are very attractive; we may look, we may admire, we may wish, but to get turned on by a total stranger in everyday public life? No. And if you are not out public, why would it matter anyway?

Silliest of all :
While some guys look great in skirts. most men don’t.
How can she know what most men look like in skirts, since has probably never seen more than one or two?

Martin
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well I have to join in the general condemnation and only add that just about every statement she makes is either wrong, cannot be justified or refuted in one way or another. Unfortunately since comments can't be added there is no way of directly enlightening her. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Edward O'Rourke

Post by Edward O'Rourke »

Tell you what Kate - I have been labeled by many as a "mans man". I love to wear skirts -as a man-. I dont in public much. Mostly just around home. But, I wish it was acceptable more so with mainstream society. To me, the feel, ambiance, look (man or woman) is intriguing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Ignorant b----h.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Does anyone know how to contact the brothers Network? I have tried to find some kind of contact details but cannot find any.
would like to send Kate John's this Web site details so that she could be put right on everything she said in her article.
The Brothers Network is the only site I have come across that does not have any contact details to allow people to respond/comment to articles they published.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

melsav wrote:Does anyone know how to contact the brothers Network? I have tried to find some kind of contact details but cannot find any.
would like to send Kate John's this Web site details so that she could be put right on everything she said in her article.
The Brothers Network is the only site I have come across that does not have any contact details to allow people to respond/comment to articles they published.
I suspect that lack of contact detail was intentional as I believe that harridan simply wanted to spew her ridiculous bile without dealing with opposing viewpoints. Even if there were a way to get ahold of her (personally, I wouldn't waste my time with the attempt) and give her the address to this website, she would simply dismiss us as freaks or deviants or ignore it altogether. A closed mind such as hers isn't interested in facts that run counter to her viewpoints. Bottom line, responding to her isn't worth the bother.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Read the four articles linked at the bottom of the page, for a more balanced view. One by a certain J Miller even links to this site!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

skirtyscot wrote:Read the four articles linked at the bottom of the page, for a more balanced view. One by a certain J Miller even links to this site!
I have just read the articles and as you say they are more balanced. As you read there are more articles at the bottom to Read.