Put Your Tights On!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Put Your Tights On!

Post by jamodu »

This is true: I'm not making it up.

I woke and got dressed before my Wife awoke this past Sunday morning. It was the first chilly Autumn morning of the season.

When she first greeted me, the conversation was as follows...

Wife: How are you?

Me. Fine, except for my cold legs.

Wife: Are you wearing Tights?

Me: No.

Wife: Then go and put some Tights on.

Bliss.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Put Your Tights On!

Post by skirtingtoday »

jamodu wrote:Wife: Then go and put some Tights on.

Bliss.
Sounds Great!!! :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :D 8) 8) :D :dance:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Can't hardly ask for better than that...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Really great!
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

.... except that MOH would have said, "Well, go and put some trousers on." Sigh.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I wouldn't have received any comment.
Steve.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Sinned wrote:.... except that MOH would have said, "Well, go and put some trousers on." Sigh.
I was wearing trousers at the time - and SHMBO still insisted that I put some Tights on (I did what I was told without protest).
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Then did the trousers go back on, or did you manage to find a skirt that went with the tights?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Really foggy today and cold with it, so I tried out my new thermal motor biking long johns. Suffice to say that I will be going back to my Asda 150 den tights. The "proper " gear was useless. If it gets really cold while out on the bike I use 300 Thermal tights from Asda. Those and Kevlar jeans mean I can keep warm, even at speed. Need to get some heated grips though.
Now that we are heading on toward winter in UK, I use tights all the time when off the bike. Wife and I use same size tights, so get a couple of boxes every now and then- 6pr of Hazelnut colour L/XL for £2 in Asda. Barely Black in same size is also £2 for 6 pr. (15 Den)
As it gets colder, I go up to 40, 60, 100, 150 and 300 den. All from Asda--all cheap. They also do fashion tights, with patterns- £5 pr.
Rough hands and nails will cause a ladder quicker than a seal in water.Either use thin gloves or hand cream.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

It got down to the upper-40's - low 50s (F.) so I pulled on a pair of black opaque's on over my beige support hose. Couldn't find my black leggings and it wasn't quite cold enough for the fleece-lined tights or leggings.

They worked great with the knee-length black straight skirt I've been wearing and over which I pulled a "thrifty-kilt" a couple of times. The combination worked quite well. Warm. I didn't have to be quite so thorough with the "swoop-n-scoop" so if some of the kilt's pleats hung up, I sat on the skirt.

Given that, I may shorten and re-hem a couple knee-length black skirts I'm likely to toss due to wear and use them as under-kilts...particularly when it gets down to freezing.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

When I´m cold in the legs I simply grab a warm maxi-dress and put it on. That keeps me warm.

However, I have worn a sweater dress with tights [pantyhose] and I felt like a kid wearing a one-piece jammies with built-in booties.

John
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Here in the northeast where I live, tights are a must when it comes to skirt wearing in winter. Being a fashionable fellow, I have them in black, gray and brown so I can mix and match with knee length skirts and heeled boots. It's not enough to merely dress warmly, I have to look good too! 8)
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

My wife continues to surprise me...

In recent years I've suffered with 'frozen shoulder' (in both shoulders): it's very painful. Occasionally, even now, I suffer with some 'residual' discomfort. Medication doesn't help.

Even so, last night, I'm watching television, while she's checking the Twitter feed on her iPad. One such tweet features a well-known department store's celebrity/model wearing a newly introduced padded/non-wired sports bra.

In a casual 'matter-of-fact' manner, her instant reaction was that I should buy this (expensive) bra to support my shoulders - and then instructs me to immediately go online and order the bra for myself before they're all sold out (!!!). After I picked-up my jaw from the floor, I did as I was instructed. Indeed, most sizes were selling fast or had sold out - except for my size, fortunately.

The icing on the cake was that she paid for it.

Yours, dumbfounded.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamodu wrote:In a casual 'matter-of-fact' manner, her instant reaction was that I should buy this (expensive) bra to support my shoulders [...]
And precisely how would a brassiere "support [...] shoulders" unless one is using the band for lateral compression? How would "padding" improve the pain-relieving aspect?

Did it make your skirt look or behave differently? If none of the latter, we're badly off-topic.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I second Carl's [Crfriend] questioning. As an individual who wears a bra to support real breasts [DD], I don' t understand how a bra can help a person with frozen shoulders.

In jamodu's defense he was simply telling us something how his wife surprised him a second time in the same way she surprised him when she suggested wearing the tights.

John