Men in Tights

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jeffreyrichards2015

Re: Men in Tights

Post by jeffreyrichards2015 »

I completely agree. Wolford Satin Touch 20 for me as well. But now it is getting cooler I am buying the Wolford Satin Opaque 50. Just great! And a good range of colours too.

As for washing. All done by hand. They go nowhere near the machine, far too precious!
Life's too short to worry, just get on with it.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Mine go in the wash with everything else. But I don't tumble dry them. Lycra doesn't like heat. My wife is happy to tumble tights, so I try to get to the finished load of washing before it reaches the dryer.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I use a hosiery mesh bag as well, for the most part, but sometimes I add a pair late, or there are too many, in which case the heavier materials can go in with the general wash. Of course they get hung to dry in the utility room , as do most of my clothes. Mostly, the only things that get tumble dried are towels, and if the weather is nice, they go outside on the line.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

jeffreyrichards2015 wrote:I completely agree. Wolford Satin Touch 20 for me as well. But now it is getting cooler I am buying the Wolford Satin Opaque 50. Just great! And a good range of colours too.

As for washing. All done by hand. They go nowhere near the machine, far too precious!
I agree fully, to bad that Wolford carries just a few in XXL
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i like them alot, although i do not wear them much. i prefer opaque tights, which i guess are like pantyhose but thicker. i also like thigh highs and the workout style leggings than many women wear today. they are all very comfortable.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

In my neck of the woods, tights are a must with skirts of any length during winter. Black is my favorite color, followed by gray and brown.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I wear them in winter and when trying to make a skirt look more formal, they cover up the scrapes and cuts that I seem to always have on my legs.

:ugeek: