A dress happened

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A dress happened

Post by moonshadow »

And the easiest way I can see to address that is to get the skin in the sun. Yeah it might look silly for a while but hey..... we're all unique.

Although Im not a fan of going shirtless, its ironic that it is the one practice that a man can do witbout major harassment. Still doing it with a skirt on could challenge certain laws in Tennessee where its apparently illegal for a woman to go without a shirt on. Er.... maybe a man dressed as a woman? See how stupid this is?

"Officer.... you mean if I put a sports bra on Im in compliance with the law? How asinine!"

Of course in 10 years seeing topless women wont be a big deal. Women are after all much better than men at ending double standards against them. I gotta hand it to the girls.... Many have more social courage than most men I know. They see something that's not right and they aren't afraid to take a stand. And they normally always support one another, where as men just harass one another. Of course there lies the reason. Women always stsnd together on a common cause. Men normally must stand alone.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

this long black dress with a scoop neck is possibly my favourite dress (so far) although some of you may not been keen on the 'femine' back of the dress (see pic)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Reaper_Man wrote:this long black dress with a scoop neck is possibly my favourite dress (so far) although some of you may not been keen on the 'femine' back of the dress (see pic)
I think its WICKED COOL! Nice ink too!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

on the subject of dresses here are a couple of others of mine, the steampunk dress is a little iffy but it needs some steampunk accessories adding before i decide whether or not i'm actually going to wear it (at a steampunk event obviously)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

The long black dress despite it's length is actual very light and it does blow up a bit on windy days but it is extremely comfortable to wear.

The tartan dress had a slightly higher neckline when purchased but i had it lowered by about 2 to 3 inches.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

one final pic ... this was taken at a 'cocks in Frocks' charity fundraiser (for a Sue Ryder Hospice) the polka dot dress that you can see to the left is another guy in a dress as is the bloke (black dress) sat at the table behind me ... he was completely wasted (drunk) :D, there were about 20 blokes in dresses at the event, most of whom were in the beer garden eating all the burgers from the BBQ

the legwear i have on is a pair of black 70 den tights with red fence/whale nets over the top and my New Rock boots ... those dreads aren't real they just clip in :D
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The tartan one is pretty cool too. I'd wear something like that.
-Andrea
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

moonshadow wrote:Although Im not a fan of going shirtless, its ironic that it is the one practice that a man can do without major harassment. Still doing it with a skirt on could challenge certain laws in Tennessee where its apparently illegal for a woman to go without a shirt on. Er.... maybe a man dressed as a woman? See how stupid this is?
I am especially not a fan for going topless or shirtless for I wear D or DD cup bras for breast support. Now if I went topless and some cop harassed me, what should I do - whip out my driver´s license to prove I am male?

And there are some Asian women that are flat of nearly so. As stupid as it is they would be harassed if they went topless since they are female.

In Texas there are no state laws against a woman going topless. I remember driving down south to Houston from northern Texas and seeing an individual thumbing a ride. The person was wearing a shirt open to the chest. Then I get closer - I´m thinking - boy, that guy is sure flabby in the chest. Then I get close - hey, that´s a young woman with her breasts showing!

John
Last edited by JohnH on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Well, that's a way to get a ride. I hitched up to Montreal when I was in college. I was in Ogunquit ME, unaware that at that time it was a favorite summer vacation spot for gay men. After having struggled to hitch rides for days, I was suddenly surprised to get so many rides...sometimes offers before I even had my thumb out! And a lot of invitations to bars with names that sounded very strange to a dumb southern boy.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JohnH wrote: I am especially not a fan for going topless or shirtless for I wear D or DD cup bras for breast support. Now if I went topless and some cop harassed me, what should I do - whip out my driver´s license to prove I am male?

And there are some Asian women that are flat of nearly so. As stupid as it is they would be harassed if they went topless since they are female.
Ahh, well I'm just carrying on anyway. I'm not really worried about my skin tone, it is what it is. I may experiment with fashion styles, but I normally leave my body alone to do what it does naturally, aside from shaving, which can always grow back in a few weeks if I so desire. I don't even dye my hair, even though I'm starting to get some silver strands here and there. I plan to grow old with grace. Besides my daughter FORBID me to go to a tanning salon. I laughed and told her she has nothing to worry about....

So guys, that means you better ready your sunglasses, and possibly adjust your monitor in preparation for any leg showing skirt photo's I post... :lol:

I will not be held responsible for any holes burned in your computer screen! :mrgreen:
dillon wrote: Well, that's a way to get a ride. I hitched up to Montreal when I was in college. I was in Ogunquit ME, unaware that at that time it was a favorite summer vacation spot for gay men. After having struggled to hitch rides for days, I was suddenly surprised to get so many rides...sometimes offers before I even had my thumb out! And a lot of invitations to bars with names that sounded very strange to a dumb southern boy.
Now THAT is hilarious, to be a fly on the wall during that trip!
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:So guys, that means you better ready your sunglasses, and possibly adjust your monitor in preparation for any leg showing skirt photo's I post... :lol:

I will not be held responsible for any holes burned in your computer screen! :mrgreen:
I believe if any screens were to suffer burn-in from displaying pale skin they would already have the scars from a couple of my photos.

Good on your daughter for the comment on "tanning salons". The sun -- in moderation -- is more than enough (you also synthesize vitamin D from sunlight, so some exposure is a good idea).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: I believe if any screens were to suffer burn-in from displaying pale skin they would already have the scars from a couple of my photos.

Good on your daughter for the comment on "tanning salons". The sun -- in moderation -- is more than enough (you also synthesize vitamin D from sunlight, so some exposure is a good idea).
Well, as we move into next spring and summer, and as I seem to be adding an average of two skirts per week to my collection, I'm sure I'll have plenty of knee length skirts by the spring thaw. My legs might get a little sun next year, and slowly tan natures way....

Don't be surprised if then you see a few photo's of me smiling with bright RED legs for a bit.

Just don't slap them while that color (OUCH!) :shock:
-Andrea
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

For whatever deep-rooted psychological reason, I'm drawn to clothes with a more modest, old-fashioned look... I remember being addicted to "Little House on the Prairie" because I thought the girls' dresses looked so great. So yeah, I look for crew neck or similar high necklines whenever possible. Scoop necks at leat least better than the deep cleavage v-necks.

A word about tanning: What I have heard from cancer docs is that tanning is your body's first desperate attempt to save you from melanoma, so as unattractive as pale skin may be, it's still healthier than a tan.

With regards to matching clothing colors to skin tones: My wife is all about that, going on and on about "you're a spring, so you can't wear blah-blah-blah" and "you're a winter, so such-and-so looks best on you." Me, I just wear whatever the hell I want. As it happens I prefer black and she says that black looks good on winter, so there you go. 25 years after the fact, I'm still hearing about some awful color combination I dressed our toddler daughter in.
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ralph wrote: A word about tanning: What I have heard from cancer docs is that tanning is your body's first desperate attempt to save you from melanoma, so as unattractive as pale skin may be, it's still healthier than a tan.

With regards to matching clothing colors to skin tones: My wife is all about that, going on and on about "you're a spring, so you can't wear blah-blah-blah" and "you're a winter, so such-and-so looks best on you." Me, I just wear whatever the hell I want. As it happens I prefer black and she says that black looks good on winter, so there you go. 25 years after the fact, I'm still hearing about some awful color combination I dressed our toddler daughter in.
Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Hold on.... let me STAND UP and clap my hands!

I get the same grief from my wife and daughter. Love them dearly, and appreciate their support and input, but you'd think that after 15 years together they'd realize by now that I'm eclectic.

She said "you can't wear a brown shirt with a green skirt! It doesn't match daddy!"

I replied "You're crazy! Dirt is brown and grass is green, and they go together all the time in nature!"

I continued "Look around you, in all the beauty of nature, it's not color coordinated at all!"

At the end of it all though, I can still drive home the winning point....

"We're men in skirts after all, we're already breaking ALL of the accepted rules of fashion, so as Ian says, have fun!"
-Andrea
NH Dan

Post by NH Dan »

I love the skirts that I have purchased from Woman Within, I have posted a few pictures of me in them under pictures. In fact, my wife now orders from WW and when she tired of her skirts I will end up with them so it works out.