A dress happened

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A dress happened

Post by JohnH »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:So guys, that means you better ready your sunglasses, and possibly adjust your monitor in preparation for any leg showing skirt photo's I post... :lol:

I will not be held responsible for any holes burned in your computer screen! :mrgreen:
I believe if any screens were to suffer burn-in from displaying pale skin they would already have the scars from a couple of my photos.
Hey, if you want to start a fire simply hold a magnifying glass and a some tinder in front of a computer screen showing pale skin. :lol:

John
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Both of your dresses are fine, moonshadow. The neckline on the long one is a little scoopy for my taste, but not excessive. The shorter one looks very good with the T shirt underneath. And as for your bare legs, what's the problem? (NB when I wear my black skirt and have bare legs, Mrs SS says it is not a good look, so my judgment may not be the best here.)
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I ordered two more from Woman Within. The one I actually ordered first won't be here until later on this week, however on an "impulse buy" (it was on clearance) the site suggested the one I'm about to show you. I kicked it around in my head for a bit, and finally decided.... what the heck, it's $30, not really much, and I think it looks okay.... at least on the female model.

Well the results are in, and to be honest... I LOVE the look on me. But this is, without a doubt, the most provocatively feminine dress I own to date. Unfortunately, it is somewhat of a summer dress, and probably won't get much air time until next year. I haven't told my wife about it yet, but I intend to. I'm warming her up to the idea with more and more feminine skirts, then I'll drop this bomb when the time is right.... yeah, next spring. One thing is for sure, wearing this in the summer on some bright hot days should definitely remedy my "farmers tan".

She wants to start wearing hijabs. This is somewhat of a balzy thing for anyone to attempt in these parts, and I think she may have suggested it (for herself) as a sort of test to see if I would impose a double standard. (yes I can wear skirts, but you can't wear a Muslim head covering). Well that didn't happen, I threw in my full support, and even offered to buy her one if she was serious. It really doesn't bother me either way, but she has been very open and tolerant, and it's now my turn to return that tolerance in kind.

Never the less, this dress will test her tolerance.... I'm sure of it.
smallwd.jpg
Still, can you see us walking into a restaurant with me wearing this, and her dressed as a Muslim woman.

I can't shake this feeling that we won't have to worry about vanishing social security, we probably won't live that long. :roll:

I actually like this garment for more ritualistic purposes, it has a somewhat... oh whats the word.... "divineness" about it. I just feel right in tune with nature when I wear it, like I just want to run through a field or something.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Moon, I see women in hijabs on the street here in SF and it can be a flattering look. Expecially if the scarf is a nice print or decorated in some way. But I suppose in some parts of the country it could draw some negative pushback.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirted_in_SF wrote:Moon, I see women in hijabs on the street here in SF and it can be a flattering look. Expecially if the scarf is a nice print or decorated in some way. But I suppose in some parts of the country it could draw some negative pushback.
I really don't know. This is one case that's seldom tested. I'm sure there are Muslims around here, but they pretty much fly below the radar. I do know that once, a few years back, apparently a Muslim student attending Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg VA (probably the most liberal town in the area) performed the Salah in a public setting. I know this because it was in the paper....

yeah... in the paper. That's how big of a deal it was.

I wish her well, and of course, I will stand by her just as she stands by me.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

That's a fantastic dress Moonshadow, something i wouldn't hesitate to wear on a warm summer day alas i have yet to find anything similar in my size in the UK and importing from the US would make it too expensive
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Reaper_Man wrote:That's a fantastic dress Moonshadow, something i wouldn't hesitate to wear on a warm summer day alas i have yet to find anything similar in my size in the UK and importing from the US would make it too expensive
Thanks! I know I can't wait to wear it out somewhere as soon as the temp is right.
-Andrea
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I like it Moon! It looks nice. Great job!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

JennC03 wrote:I like it Moon! It looks nice. Great job!
My thoughts exactly!
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

A recent outing I enjoyed in a sweater dress was one of THE most enjoyable adventures I've had in a long time. There was a certain....something about wearing a dress that I loved in ways I just couldn't describe and I was happy the whole time, it's hard to explain, but I felt more comfortable in a dress than I do in a skirt. Weird? Perhaps, but that's just how I felt, and it was a good feeling. Needless to say, this has me thinking about wearing dresses more often as they suit me and my personal sense of style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Great look, Jeff! You have put your own personal stamp on that dress, and have accessorised well. Very confidently masculine. Job done.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I saw a couple sweater dresses in the Sierra catalog recently and was very tempted. It's a fine look on you.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Excellent look Jeff!
-Andrea
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Ditto. I'm not gay, but you really rock it!!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Like I said, it was great fun to wear a dress, and I plan to do that more often.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.