Starting to go to work in a skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Starting to go to work in a skirt

Post by Caultron »

jeffreyrichards2015 wrote:Tell me if this is getting tedious or I shall just keep posting pics of my work outfits day by day.
It's as much a record for me as anything else, but also to get some feedback on what people out there think works, and what doesn't.
Looking good!

I particularly like the easy confidence and lack of stress you show in your expressions.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
jeffreyrichards2015

Post by jeffreyrichards2015 »

Caultron wrote: I particularly like the easy confidence and lack of stress you show in your expressions.
I think that is because I am just so happy. I have spent many years stressing about how this might all work out, and the end result is something of an anticlimax in that life is pretty normal except I am now wearing skirts. I can fully relax and enjoy it.
Life's too short to worry, just get on with it.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Great pictures - so relaxed! :D Latest look is really good! 8)

Nice to see the dark blue tights too instead of the "safe" default of black.

How many skirts do you have?
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

A nicely co-ordinated outfit.

Martin
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

jeffreyrichards2015 wrote:
Caultron wrote: I particularly like the easy confidence and lack of stress you show in your expressions.
I think that is because I am just so happy. I have spent many years stressing about how this might all work out, and the end result is something of an anticlimax in that life is pretty normal except I am now wearing skirts. I can fully relax and enjoy it.
This is how I found it. I thought I would be OK, then eventually found an opportune moment to ask the boss how she would view it. She said "Go for it!" and sounded pretty enthused....but, still didn't have the nerve. Took about 3 months, then one of the younger girls wearing some really, short shorts gave me the last push. "If she can get away with those...." So I went and changed, and it was...pretty easy. Few startled looks, few complements, mostly just.... carry on. Mostly I don't think about it, sometimes aware that someone is a bit surprised, I just try to do the best job I can and the customers seem to appreciate that, they don't seem to care what I wear, as long as I can fix their problem for them.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

partlyscot wrote:This is how I found it. I thought I would be OK, then eventually found an opportune moment to ask the boss how she would view it. She said "Go for it!" and sounded pretty enthused....but, still didn't have the nerve. Took about 3 months, then one of the younger girls wearing some really, short shorts gave me the last push. "If she can get away with those...." So I went and changed, and it was...pretty easy. Few startled looks, few complements, mostly just.... carry on. Mostly I don't think about it, sometimes aware that someone is a bit surprised, I just try to do the best job I can and the customers seem to appreciate that, they don't seem to care what I wear, as long as I can fix their problem for them.
Pardon if you've answered this elsewhere,but what kind of job do you have?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Looks great, like your choice of tights as well. It's getting to that time of year where I can't go bare legged anymore as it's getting chilly and i need to buy a few packs for autumn and winter.

Love your first picture of the simple black skirt. I would wear something a bit more fitted for a pencil skirt, but that's just me...

Post some pics soon, I look forward to your next instalment :) legstyle looks like a good site, :wink:
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Caultron wrote:
partlyscot wrote:This is how I found it. I thought I would be OK, then eventually found an opportune moment to ask the boss how she would view it. She said "Go for it!" and sounded pretty enthused....but, still didn't have the nerve. Took about 3 months, then one of the younger girls wearing some really, short shorts gave me the last push. "If she can get away with those...." So I went and changed, and it was...pretty easy. Few startled looks, few complements, mostly just.... carry on. Mostly I don't think about it, sometimes aware that someone is a bit surprised, I just try to do the best job I can and the customers seem to appreciate that, they don't seem to care what I wear, as long as I can fix their problem for them.
Pardon if you've answered this elsewhere,but what kind of job do you have?
Retail, I interact quite closely with some customers because of the nature of the sale. I don't want to say the name, because I just don't want my online account to be tied to it. Not that there is anything particularly bad about it being known, I just feel a bit cautious these days. it's too easy for something to be taken the wrong way and cause issues.
jeffreyrichards2015

skirtingtoday wrote:How many skirts do you have?
About 30. I need to do a stock take!
If there is not already a thread on 'how many skirts?' I may start one and list them all once I have counted up.
jeffreyrichards2015

Another day at work, another look.
I've just discovered there is a "Looks" topic so I might move any further images over there. So last one from this collection, this is now the start of week three at work. Black skirt, grey tights and trainers.
Hitachi_SEM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Jeffery,
Very nice look(s), and that's great that you have had the courage to wear skirts to work. Congrats!
Milfmog wrote:That's true. However, my employers staff handbook includes the following:
Whilst we have no objection to female employees wearing suits or trousers, it is not permissible for
male employees to wear women's clothing and/or clothing that would normally only be worn by
women.
Whilst this is almost certainly illegal, a frontal assault on it is likely to be doomed to failure. Instead, I have continued with a softly, softly approach. A number of my colleagues have seen me (off the clock) in skirts of various designs. The subject has come up at work informally and I've happily engaged with the ribbing and micky taking and, at an appropriate point in time, I will use a charity day to try a kilt and see what happens next
Ian, a kilt, whether it be traditional or modern, would not violate the dress code mentioned as they are certainly not "only worn by women". But I can appreciate your treading lightly on this issue.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

skirtingtheissue wrote:
Milfmog wrote:That's true. However, my employers staff handbook includes the following:
Whilst we have no objection to female employees wearing suits or trousers, it is not permissible for
male employees to wear women's clothing and/or clothing that would normally only be worn by
women.
Whilst this is almost certainly illegal, a frontal assault on it is likely to be doomed to failure. Instead, I have continued with a softly, softly approach. A number of my colleagues have seen me (off the clock) in skirts of various designs. The subject has come up at work informally and I've happily engaged with the ribbing and micky taking and, at an appropriate point in time, I will use a charity day to try a kilt and see what happens next
Ian, a kilt, whether it be traditional or modern, would not violate the dress code mentioned as they are certainly not "only worn by women". But I can appreciate your treading lightly on this issue.
A kilt would certainly not violate the rules, unfortunately, the HR Manager is one of those types who hates people abiding by the rules in ways she does not like and I have great confidence that she will not like a kilt, just as she dislikes everything else that suggests people are thinking or acting for themselves.

I will try it on with a kilt at some point, but will choose the time carefully.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

I like the "coffee time" outfit.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.