Found a Look Book page

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Crazyman

Re: Found a Look Book page

Post by Crazyman »

Agreed, he definitely looks excellent!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I also wear shorter skirts, but not that short. I think if he wore a slightly longer hem, it would make him look a bit slimmer since his thighs are considerably broader than his legs from knees down. But he looks happy with himself and that's what matters.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I don't think they are all utkilts, at least one is clearly a denim skirt. My problem with the whole look stems, I think, from the the dichotomy of the 2 halves. From the waist down, the look is, to me, extremely feminine. I think I'd prefer that he went the whole way and made an attempt to pass as a woman, or backed it off, and found a slightly different style for the lower half. Alternatively, he could put on a dress, or at least a more delicate shirt/blouse, or jacket, and go for the "dude in a dress" image. I don't deny him the right to dress how he wishes though, and I'm kinda happy for him to be out and about, just because it makes the statement that it's only clothing after all.

It sorts of reminds me of the problem I have of finding a look that works to express what I want. Sometimes this sort of things helps by refining in my own mind what doesn’t work for me, and why.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

While I am a fan of the "waist down" look, here's one which might be more acceptable. Again, hosiery is the main driver, but still...
http://lookbook.nu/legstyle
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sorry. Just realised that the link has already been posted in the main section by Renesm1