Men in Women's Shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men in Women's Shoes

Post by JeffB1959 »

Bought my first pair of women's riding boots which I wore on an outing this past Saturday, and they're great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Nice boots! That's a good look.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I have a pair of boots not unlike yours but the heels are a little higher (not more than 1.5 inches though) and a bit more pointed (though far from stilettos). Just to mess with people minds, I wear them with my work suits. The suit pants are full enough to fit over the boot shafts.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

dillon: Thanks for the kind words.

skirted_in_SF: I have a pair of 4 inch heeled thigh high boots which I've worn with miniskirts in public, and no one so much as bats an eye.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

JeffB1959 wrote:skirted_in_SF: I have a pair of 4 inch heeled thigh high boots which I've worn with miniskirts in public, and no one so much as bats an eye.
I'd have thought a pair of boots like that would catch the eye whoever was wearing them.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Those boots are perfect. I love them so much. Where did you get them from? I'd love to pair them with a skirt.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

renesm1 wrote:Those boots are perfect. I love them so much. Where did you get them from? I'd love to pair them with a skirt.
The boots came from Maryland Square. Here's a link to what I bought:

http://www.marylandsquare.com/p/elites- ... olor=Black
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Nice look. What kind of handbag is that?
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

skirtingtheissue wrote:Nice look. What kind of handbag is that?
The brand is Rosetti. I bought it at Sears a couple of years ago. The bag is nice and roomy and holds everything I need on an outing.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Liino wrote:There is a knee high lace boot that goes up to size 12 1/2 that can fit well with kilts and skirts. I have a pair which goes well with a black Utilikilt. They have mega treads as well so not slippery on the ground.
http://www.fluevog.com/shop/3924-zachar ... nchor=true
I really like these boots.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Fine if you sleep in them ,too.

Those laces would ruin them for me. I believe that there are 'lace-ups' that have that aesthetic, but have the sensible zip on the inner side to allow you get them off and on easily.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I would like to 2nd Caultron's observation that big, clunky male shoes just don't look right with skirts and dresses. In addition, there are lots of styles of women's shoes that, except for the heel height could be dressier men's shoes. Go for it!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Some of us have no alternative to "clunky male shoes" yet we manage to create viable style anyway.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
jeffreyrichards2015

Post by jeffreyrichards2015 »

Disappointed with Evans. I normally take a size 9 or 9 1/2 mens shoe, and have difficulty finding many women's shoes in those sizes without paying the earth. I was recommended Evans as a large size shop. I used their online shoes size calculator and very carefully measured both my feet and then applied the measurements to the table to work out that I should purchase 10E. Duly ordered, arrived this morning - at least 1cm spare room in the shoes. Returned. So ignore the size calculator and buy a regular 9, let's see if that works.
Life's too short to worry, just get on with it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:Some of us have no alternative to "clunky male shoes" yet we manage to create viable style anyway.
Yep..... I know what you mean. I appear to be right on the border myself. My foot is just to big to comfortably fit in a woman's size 11 which is the biggest shoe I can fine in a brick and mortar store. Still as I pointed out earlier in this thread.... I do feel there are stylish low profile "mens" shoes that work well with skirts.

Picked up a nice comfortable pair of mens faded glory shoes at walmart for under $10 a few weeks ago. Size 10 that fits my foot like a glove. My most recent photographs in my "out and about" thread show me wearing them.

Its not that I'm not open to the idea. I just can't find anything that fits.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.