Men in Women's Shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men in Women's Shoes

Post by phathack »

I wear a US women's size 15 or men's size 13 shoe. I wear women's shoes whenever I'm not working.

Ballet flats seem to never fit as well as any open toed shoe or sandal. Most of my women's shoes are closed toe or boots. I have found a few women's brands that seem to fit my foot well and I always see what they have available that I might like. There is one brand of shoes that targets the cross dressing market that that are built and sized and built on men's last and those always seem to fit though many of the styles are just too extreme for everyday wear.

:ugeek:
Crazyman

Post by Crazyman »

Just got through looking at men's shoes on eBay.de and it just reinforced my opinion that if you really want to look good, then women's shoes are the way to go. All the men's shoes either (a) look exactly the same as all the rest or (b) they look like they're designed for the military. If anyone wants a no-brainer job they can become a men's shoe designer where they just rehash some style from 20 years ago and put that out as "new." The only type of men's sandals I would consider wearing are the ones from Greece that have a relatively thin strap going across the front, and an ankle strap, but everything else is just dismal.
Even way before I switched to wearing just women's shoes I always picked the most feminine looking men's shoes, like Giorgio Brutini's Le Glove series for example. My rationale at that time was that I have feminine looking feet, but then again, so is the rest of my body. If I were to go out 100% en femme, I really wouldn't have to put any effort into looking very convincing because a lot of people tell me I look exactly like Elen Cora, including the hair. The real trick is to get a really good shave. I use 2 different ones, one's a Phillishave that takes it down to about 1/2 mm then I use a China 4-headed one that takes it down to nothing. Body hair's not that big of an issue in that it suffices for me to shave my entire body once a week.
Don't get me wrong, though. I do sometimes wear men's shoes, but only when I'm doing something that requires them, like chopping wood, working on my car, or moving furniture. Or when I "do my thing" picking garbage. Some people actually look down on me for doing this, but truth be told, I'v actually gotten pretty rich doing this and every time I have excess cash I just buy another house and rent it. Also, you find some pretty unbelievable things you never knew existed, or that you never knew you wanted. That's how I came to own as many skirts, dresses, handbags, and shoes as I have. I have bought my best pairs of shoes online, though, and my girlfriend always helps me pick them out, just as I always help her. Like I may have mentioned before, I don't do the whole en femme thing except once a year when we have the equivalent of Halloween. Only problem is that it takes place in February, so unless you go to an indoor party, you're out in the freezing cold in just a dress. This year wasn't that bad, but once again, all the people who took pictures never came through and so I have nothing to show for it.
But it's actually funny in how people like us are still treated. Even here in the most liberal country in the world, I still have situations where I meet someone, and after a couple of drinks they ask me if I'm gay. I always have to laugh and respond in my usual good-natured way that I'm absolutely not, never have been, and never will be. But you'd be surprised at how many people fixate on my nails in a conversation. It's because I smoke, so I cometimes keep my hand in front of my face. Thing is, that I've had long nails ever since I can remember (about the age of 8 or 9), but when I was in my 20s I started cutting and/or filing them to a dull point, then a couple of years ago I started doing them French style. And being that I really like that style I'm really quick to notice other guys who do the same thing, and you'd be surprised as to how many there are.
And guess what, if there's people out there who DON'T accept what you wear, then you don't have to associate with them and you know you probably wouldn't get along with them anyway. That's why every single person in my life thinks I'm a cool guy, and that includes my parents. Last year they bought me a beautiful leather woman's wallet for Christmas. Only problem is that it's the exact same wallet they bought me the year before. They're getting old, I know.
The moral of the story is "be yourself" and "know thyself." Don't ever put on a facade, because the people you attract will be attracted to that facade, then sooner or later, when they realise who you really are, they'll back off or do nasty things. Be yourself, especially in what you think. Think your own thoughts, and be your own self. Because if you don't, you'll always be kicking youself for not having done so.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Crazyman wrote: ...if there's people out there who DON'T accept what you wear, then you don't have to associate with them and you know you probably wouldn't get along with them anyway...

...Be yourself, especially in what you think. Think your own thoughts, and be your own self. Because if you don't, you'll always be kicking youself for not having done so...
Exactly.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

A suggestion for shoes and boots in lager sizes: https://www.ghigocalzature.com/en/
I just received a pair, which I had order 2 days ago. https://www.ghigocalzature.com/en/woman ... 10758.html but in a larger size.
Service is for a first time great, and fitting is perfect.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Gusto
What a great find. They have a very good selection and in my size. I'll definitely be ordering from them.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Great Find :D

What I couldn't find was the width info. I normally wear 'aircraft carriers',
you know, long & wide. U.S. size 12-13 and a 'D' or 'wide width'.
I like this one,Image, but I can't tell how wide it is.
(Click the image to go to the page.)

Any suggestions :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

OUCH :!: Just did the currency conversion - - out of my price range :blue:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In women's footwear the standard is "M" MEDIUM WIDTH or sometimes shown as a "B" - there really isn't any "C" width.
If the box the shoes comes in do not state a width it is a Medium. If it is a WIDE width it will be labeled with a "W" or Wide.

From there the men's standard is "D" (men's) medium width.
For other widths the carton will have it labeled with "E" "EEE" etc. (BIG BIG Basketball Players)

Basic standard shoe nomenclature Payless Shoes; Famous Footwear (Factory Brands).

For the best fitting of footwear go to a major shoe store and ask to use the Brannock device.
There is one for men - one for women - and one for the kids.
Use both the men's and women's to get the size numbers for comparison.
Also note the Brannock device has a width scale - now you have something to see the difference in apples - oranges.
In a rough guide my 9.5 men's converts to women's 11.0 a UK 42 and a standard "M" width.

Search on your browser for "BRANNOCK DEVICE" - have a printer no need to go to a major store you can print the specs !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Uncle Al wrote:Great Find :D

What I couldn't find was the width info. I normally wear 'aircraft carriers',
you know, long & wide. U.S. size 12-13 and a 'D' or 'wide width'.
I like this one,Image, but I can't tell how wide it is.
(Click the image to go to the page.)

Any suggestions :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

OUCH :!: Just did the currency conversion - - out of my price range :blue:

Maybu the following link might offer a solution for the pricing:
http://www.laredoute.com/pplp/100/553/c ... e*00045_45|

In the meantime I received the pair ordered and I must say, the fit is as made for my feet. I wish the weather would be such that one could wear them, it's to warm now.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Liino

Post by Liino »

There is a knee high lace boot that goes up to size 12 1/2 that can fit well with kilts and skirts. I have a pair which goes well with a black Utilikilt. They have mega treads as well so not slippery on the ground.
http://www.fluevog.com/shop/3924-zachar ... nchor=true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I have some Doc Maartens similar to those but not knee high.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Liino wrote:There is a knee high lace boot that goes up to size 12 1/2 that can fit well with kilts and skirts. I have a pair which goes well with a black Utilikilt. They have mega treads as well so not slippery on the ground.
http://www.fluevog.com/shop/3924-zachar ... nchor=true
Nine boots very nice boots but it must take a month of Sunday's to lace the critters up - - -
UNLESS they have a side zipper enclosure although I see the top 5 grommets are speed laced.
Would be very attractive with contrasting lacing in a military ladder box pattern when worn with a kilt.
As for skirt or dress wearing a neutral lace pattern would be better.
Color choice - basic black would be my choice.
With these boots it appears that one could still wear kilt sox and flashes making an odd touch.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Nice boots, but there is no way I'd put up with lacing and unlacing those each time I put them on or took them off. No zips, no sale. Shame really as I am still looking for a good pair of boots for winter use.

RMA's post did, however, remind me of one of the most niche websites I have stumbled across; Ian's shoelace site (No, we share a name, not a love of shoelaces!)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I have bought from Clarks and Office.
A bit expensive, but great value.
Never met any problem jumping the aisles either.
Now considering a pair of "heels" to compliment an outfit for a wedding I have been invited to.
Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Steve, that's exciting and brave at the same time. I think guys CAN wear heels, as there is a wide range, from a brogue with heels all the way to a strappy sandal. You are slim, so a heel won't look out of place on you. I sometimes wear heels; not often but when I do, I love the way it lengthens and shapes my legs. Have a look at the Eddie Izzard election pics to see how heels can work for a guy.

What sort are you considering?