Eddie Izzard UK elections 2015

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Eddie Izzard UK elections 2015

Post by SkirtedViking »

I would change the term X-dressing with freestyling in the article but still this is some progress...http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/01/eddie-izz ... u-5130962/
There is nothing worse than double standard!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Eddie Izzard UK elections 2015

Post by dillon »

Given the turn of events for Labour, I'm not sure he did the Party any favors, though I think he did for the skirted male community.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

He and Labour's Jim Murphy turned up in Glasgow and were heckled by an "angry mob" of three people. Murphy had an argument at extremely close range with one of them. A pithy comment I saw somewhere about the incident was "You know you're in trouble when you walk round Glasgow with a man in a skirt and you're the one getting the abuse"!

Izzard is well known for his penchant for wearing skirts, but it still can't do us any harm when he is out at a public engagement in a skirt.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:A pithy comment I saw somewhere about the incident was "You know you're in trouble when you walk round Glasgow with a man in a skirt and you're the one getting the abuse"!
Those YouTube clips of the two cage-fighters in skirts issuing a medieval-style beatdown to an assailant are still about, and hopefully includes the frames where one of the victors recalling to reclaim his clutch from the pavement afterward. The bottom-feeders may remain traumatised by the spectacle.

Given the choice between an engaging and intelligent bloke in a skirt (I quite honestly do not have much of a clue who Eddie Izzard is) and a bloviating politico, if I was put to that decision I know who I'd go after in a New York minute!
Izzard is well known for his penchant for wearing skirts, but it still can't do us any harm when he is out at a public engagement in a skirt.
Any press is good press, so long as it's not my obituary. (Usually attributed to Mae West if memory serves.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

skirtyscot wrote:..."You know you're in trouble when you walk round Glasgow with a man in a skirt and you're the one getting the abuse"!...
:lol: :D :D :cheers: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :bow:
skirtyscot wrote:...Izzard is well known for his penchant for wearing skirts, but it still can't do us any harm when he is out at a public engagement in a skirt.
I agree! - I have had no trouble at all wearing skirts (even mini's) in Glasgow. Indeed only a few double-take looks.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

S.T.
You were just the dude in a skirt, no worries as long as it wasn't green or blue on the wrong day.
Given the result last week I'm not surprised by the heckling and I doubt Mr Izzard's mode of dress had much to do with it.
I still reckon that Glaswegians, on the whole are the friendliest of the Scots unless Religion and/or Football is mentioned.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Stevie,

With all that clout in Westminster now in the hands of the SNP it's only a matter of time before Ms Sturgeon makes kilt wearing compulsory North of the Border and you'll all have to paint white diagonal crosses on your blue knees! :wink:

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jock
Distinguished Member

Post by Jock »

I must say that Eddie looks darned smart in that outfit. Dare I say that he looks far better dressed that many women do today. (and don't get me started on the scruffy bloke look!)

As for the election - alas, the politicians got in again!! :roll:
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"