alabama

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

alabama

Post by Bamaskirting »

are there any skirt and/ or dress wearers from alabama?
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: alabama

Post by ChrisM »

I don't know Mobile, but you should certainly feel free to wear either when you visit NOLA.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

We will pass through Alabama in June. I had thought to stay the night in Mobile, but opted for Montgomery so that I can take the kids through Selma, and give them the chance to stand on historic soil.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I spent 2 years in Ala. back in the mid 70s. I wouldn't have tried a skirt back then. I got in enough trouble with my long haired hippie look.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rick401r wrote:I spent 2 years in Ala. back in the mid 70s. I wouldn't have tried a skirt back then. I got in enough trouble with my long haired hippie look.
I got a lot of heat in Huntsville, AL back in 1983 for my long hair -- and it wasn't really all that long at the time. Inside City Limits was usually OK, but it got really red, really quickly, once you got over the border. And when Dixie gets played on the jukebox, one stands.

I feel lucky to have escaped with my hide. Inside City Limits were a mix of Peenemunde and working-class folks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!