loving my skirts!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

loving my skirts!

Post by Bamaskirting »

i joined skirt cafe as a crossdresser. initially i though this was not the right place after reading some topics and the replies. but i think this is the perfect place in alot of ways. i am a man. i look like one no matter what i am wearing. and i want to stay that way. i have always wore female underwear, but recently got some dresses and i like them alot. so i decided to get some skirts from victorias secret. my first was a pink skull mini skirt. looks great with a nlack tank or black band shirt.(iron maiden). and although it is a mini skirt, it sort of looks masciline in a way.
i knew i had to have some more so i ordered a pink camo skirt and a university of pink skirt.i also went to walmart and got a striped midi skirt. i am absolutely loving the fit and feel of them. i have got to venture out in public wearing a skirt. especially since being here and seeing many viking looking men wearing skirts. besides, men wore skirts before women.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: loving my skirts!

Post by melsav »

A man can still look masculine in a skirt. I wear my cargo kilts as much as possible, ( MOH approves of my kilts and even go,s out with me but not my skirts) love to wear my mini,s and have even been out in them ( without MOH ). :)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I wore one of my minis the other day (the one pictured in this post) for the first time in ages. It prompted a reaction: "Wow! That's short! Horrible!" I guess Carole was being a little more honest than I might have wanted :(

Oh well...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Milfmog wrote:I wore one of my minis the other day (the one pictured in this post) for the first time in ages. It prompted a reaction: "Wow! That's short! Horrible!" I guess Carole was being a little more honest than I might have wanted :(
Lol. Yes honesty can sometimes be a little bad.
Last edited by crfriend on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting [CRF]
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

In all candicity grlyby, the outfit you've pictured would only be
good for the beach. The 'outfit' looks like an over-sized shirt.
Anytime you'ld bend or squat down you're going to expose yourself.
No way around it.

A big NO-NO for me. Anything less and I'ld go to a nude beach ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I am not bothered much by the length or the shirt, and would say it works in a precarious way; certainly not a 'fit for commando. I have only one skirt about that short and wore it publically just once, with tights, and still never attempted to sit or bend at any time! Good luck with it.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Uncle Al wrote:In all candicity grlyby, the outfit you've pictured would only be
good for the beach. The 'outfit' looks like an over-sized shirt.
Anytime you'ld bend or squat down you're going to expose yourself.
No way around it.

A big NO-NO for me. Anything less and I'ld go to a nude beach ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
i agree about the shirt. it looks better with a tank top on.yeah i have been taking pictures and bending in front of mirror alot to see about exposure. girls seem to be good at that type of stuff. i drop stuff all the time too.lol
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

dillon wrote:I am not bothered much by the length or the shirt, and would say it works in a precarious way; certainly not a 'fit for commando. I have only one skirt about that short and wore it publically just once, with tights, and still never attempted to sit or bend at any time! Good luck with it.
yeah i dont see myself sitting down around others if i do wear out. i have yet to try it with my tights. i know they will look good though. i mostly wear this stuff at home, but i really want to venture out slowly into a public setting
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

grlyboy wrote:
Milfmog wrote:I wore one of my minis the other day (the one pictured in this post) for the first time in ages. It prompted a reaction: "Wow! That's short! Horrible!" I guess Carole was being a little more honest than I might have wanted :(
Lol. Yes honesty can sometimes be a little bad.
An honest point of view perhaps - personally I thought it looked good, something I would happily wear.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I have to admit, I'm not much for minis on men or on women. Even home by myself, I feel horribly exposed and vulnerable when I'm sitting down and there's a full view of the secrets of the universe right out front. I guess I just grew up in a more old-fashioned home. Ankle length (or longer!) is my preference, although I have a few that fall just below the knee for hot summer days.
Ralph!
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I have to agree with Uncle Al. However, his lighthearted reference to being on a nude beach leads to a thought that might be apropos. There is a big difference between a skirt short enough to be revealing, whether accidentally or deliberately-as in dropping things, and being in a nudist setting. There is nothing intentionally provocative among nudists. They are just unanimously in a state of honesty. (I've been a card carrying nudist since 1985 and know whereof I speak.) Provocativeness is accompanied by motive and intent. A self examination of intent and honesty about it should be a consideration when deciding to wear a deliberately revealing skirt.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Taj wrote:A self examination of intent and honesty about it should be a consideration when deciding to wear a deliberately revealing skirt.
I understand what you are saying, however, I frequently choose what to wear based on what I will be doing and what will be practical and comfortable. Short skirts are fabulous for walking in warm weather; great freedom of movement, lightweight, cool. They are not usually selected for visual appeal to others. I would not go as short as the skirt detailed if I expect to have to sit in public, the rules of geometry are such that a 15" skirt leaves far too much on display when seated. On this occasion, however, I had just had a hot bath and was aiming to simply chill out for an hour or so before bed.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I really love wearing short skirts; they are so comfortable and cool and being short they are unrestrictive for movement. I used to wear shorts that showed the same amount of leg so I am not shy about leg exposure. Bending and sitting is an issue and needs consideration if caught in the public eye while making these manouvres. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have been wearing a 14" mini on some scaffold and there are times, concentrating on the task at hand, I am sure I have exposed more than I would deem modest but luckily my work mate averts his gaze and although visible from the street, it is a bit far to offend.
Men wear brief speedos in public, including our Prime Minister in "budgie smugglers", so may be we can look at this another way; is that we are wearing speedos (or similar) but have a short skirt over the top for modesty. I certainly would not go commando in a mini except at home.
There are some baggy shorts that have similar problems when sitting and not too much consideration by the wearer or overt criticism by the onlooker.
Many women wear skirts that short, bending and sitting in a mindful and strategic way, and I rarely have heard any objections.

On my recent spell at the coast I used to sit on the porch of a cabin in a 13" denim mini, enjoying a glass of red and some cheese, and there were sometimes others around so I would arrange my chair so I was slightly side ways to their direction and was still able to enjoy my short skirted comfort.

There are times and places I wouldn't wear a mini, but that applies to all sorts of clothing. I wear what I think is appropriate which may at times differ to what some others think appropriate, not just skirts; I was the only Councillor not to wear a blazer - lucky for them at the time I hadn't discovered skirts.

I am sorry for this rant but I love my minis and am very defensive about them for others as well as for myself.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Ian, my goal wasn't to criticize those wearing short skirts in general, but due to his comment to point grlyby toward "know thyself." (Which he may already be doing.) I saw his comment about dropping things, lol, as indicative of intent. I actually like short skirts, too. I also think that prudence is beneficial to our cause.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Taj wrote:Ian, my goal wasn't to criticize those wearing short skirts in general, but due to his comment to point grlyby toward "know thyself." (Which he may already be doing.) I saw his comment about dropping things, lol, as indicative of intent. I actually like short skirts, too. I also think that prudence is beneficial to our cause.
No worries, no offence taken. I just wanted to point out that, although I sometimes choose clothes for how I will be seen by others, there are occasions when my choice is all about me (selfish, I know) and I certainly do not consider myself an exhibitionist. (Although I have been known to make an exhibition of myself :oops: )

Have fun,

Ian.