loving my skirts!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: loving my skirts!

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I have some shorter skirts (6" or more above the knee) that I can wear in my cool apartment after a warm morning shower. I wear them downstairs to the street door to pick up my newspapers (remember to bend the knees and dip, not bend :wink: ) and after 40 minutes or so change into my work clothes and go to work.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Milfmog wrote:
Taj wrote:Ian, my goal wasn't to criticize those wearing short skirts in general, but due to his comment to point grlyby toward "know thyself." (Which he may already be doing.) I saw his comment about dropping things, lol, as indicative of intent. I actually like short skirts, too. I also think that prudence is beneficial to our cause.
No worries, no offence taken. I just wanted to point out that, although I sometimes choose clothes for how I will be seen by others, there are occasions when my choice is all about me (selfish, I know) and I certainly do not consider myself an exhibitionist. (Although I have been known to make an exhibition of myself :oops: )

Have fun,

Ian.
I like my skirts at various lengths, but best at either full length or just above the knee-cap. But when I wear a much shorter skirt, I am very cautious about exposure and always wear boxer-briefs beneath, unless wearing tights.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I have some shorter skirts (6" or more above the knee) that I can wear in my cool apartment after a warm morning shower. I wear them downstairs to the street door to pick up my newspapers (remember to bend the knees and dip, not bend :wink: ) and after 40 minutes or so change into my work clothes and go to work.
Now you are just showing off! When knees and hips no longer co-operate, sometimes bending down is the only workable option unless you have a winch to pull yourself back upright! Another reason I don't like anything short of knee length, the logistics of short skirt and bad knees are hard to make work at times!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Big and Bashful wrote: When knees and hips no longer co-operate, sometimes bending down
is the only workable option unless you have a winch to pull yourself
back upright! Another reason I don't like anything short of knee length,
the logistics of short skirt and bad knees are hard to make work at times!
I'll drink to that sound reasoning :!: :D :pint:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Al, good idea, I will re-fill my glass the noo!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Grlyboy,

I think you look great. I recommend wearing shirts outside any miniskirt and covering the top to de-emphasize the hourglass shape if you want to present as masculine (tucking tends to create a more stereotypical female silhouette). The only skirts I wear are 12 - 13" miniskirts (I have more than a dozen) and I have worn them many times out in public. In warm weather, a poloshirt over a miniskirt and sandles is all I will wear, and most people don't give me a second glance because it probably looks like I am wearing shorts (I get far more looks when wearing my kilts). If I tuck the shirt, I'll wear a jacket to mute the resultant hourglass shape and it can still look masculine. My wife doesn't approve my skirt wearing, so I mostly wear sports/utility kilts out in public these days, but these are only 20" and well above the knee cap. Sometimes, if I feel frisky, I'll loosen my belt on the kilt and tuck part of the kilt under the belt and get a 17 - 18" drop. I am very athletic and so this really highlights my legs which I am definitely not shy about showing off. Nothing shows off great legs like a short skirt.

On the topic of possible exposure while wearing miniskirts in public, one only has to observe some examples of how females manage it. I have had absolutely no problems. Figure it out, guys!

Chris
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirtingseattle wrote:I recommend wearing shirts outside any miniskirt and covering the top to de-emphasize the hourglass shape if you want to present as masculine (tucking tends to create a more stereotypical female silhouette).
I do the same, except no hourglass shape to hide.
skirtingseattle wrote:The only skirts I wear are 12 - 13" miniskirts (I have more than a dozen) and I have worn them many times out in public. In warm weather, a poloshirt over a miniskirt and sandles is all I will wear, and most people don't give me a second glance because it probably looks like I am wearing shorts
Thankyou, that is very encouraging.
skirtingseattle wrote:On the topic of possible exposure while wearing miniskirts in public, one only has to observe some examples of how females manage it. I have had absolutely no problems. Figure it out, guys!
My sentiments too, thanks again.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

I've said it before; men wearing skirts should try to look smart, conscious of the way they move and behave. Showing one's underwear is not smart.
Unfortunately, since we are not made the same way as women (who have nothing that dangles), there is no point in trying to do things the way they do. So either you cover yourself for all eventualities, or you go with the nudists, as has already been suggested, but of course you would no longer be a skirt-wearer or need to frequent this forum.

Martin
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Only 12-13” long skirts are on men of normal height extremely short. I have a few 16 inch skirts (compared to a regular kilt length of 22.5-23 inch) and they are on me (176 cm - 5’9”) short.

Much shorter, and I had to sit on my underwear, making me feel vulnerable, uncomfortable and exposed.

16” “Golf skirt”

16” “Golf skirt”
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Pragnot

Post by Pragnot »

look very nice . my goal wasn't to criticize those wearing short skirts in general, but due to his comment to point grlyby toward "know thyself."
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

While my preference is not to wear short skirts or rather mini skirts, I quite like that golf skirt.

I do think that for men and women, the shorter the skirt the more you have to ensure others don't get to see too much.

I think in this stage of the game of getting mainstream acceptance, something a bit longer is preferable as if to say, "there's nothing wrong about us, we are completely normal" - which, by the way, we are!!!

In my opinion, it is a bit like gay marriage. Everyone was expecting two guys to walk down the aisle in wedding dresses and heavy make-up, but the reality is that virtually all of these marriages have been more sober affairs!

I'm not sure where I've gone with that last analogy, but I guess what I'm saying is that to get what we want we have to be prepared to underwhelm people and not "scare the horses"!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

renesm1 wrote:I'm not sure where I've gone with that last analogy, but I guess what I'm saying is that to get what we want we have to be prepared to underwhelm people and not "scare the horses"!
Then again, it may not be that big a deal. I suspect it is partially that most people have enough prude in them that there probably isn't too much to worry about on the skirt front. Sure, mistakes will be made, but it will take more than just an occasional indecently short skirt without adequate undercovering to be a major problem.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I'm also sure that people are further along the road to acceptance than we give them credit for. The trick is knowing that's true!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

renesm1 wrote:I'm also sure that people are further along the road to acceptance than we give them credit for. The trick is knowing that's true!
Probably quite true, even judging by the comments seen here alone.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

thanks for the replies. and yay for the one who liked it