Educating the public about Freestyle Fashion

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Educating the public about Freestyle Fashion

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:...Folks are always curious about the brave and confident ones in their midst. They fairly well gravitate to them. This is why the guy in a kilt always gets chatted up more than the bloke in jeans. Stand tall...
Exactly.

Folks are much more likely to respond negatively to your cringing than to anything you might wear.

If somebody doesn't like your choice of clothes, it's their problem, not yours.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

In view of Crl's and ncl l's posts I quote the following poem:

"A wise old owl sat in an oak.
The more he heard the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Oh, why can't we be like that wise old bird?"

Listen to the question and provide the answer to it but don't over elaborate. Requires listening, preparation and understanding. No amount of pieces of paper can provide more than this.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Ryan, I want you not to think about pink elephants for the next 30 seconds. Or, to quote Lionel Bart: accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.

Now rewrite your card in the way you are happiest with. Having read two versions of it already, by the time I got to your poll I hadn't the appetite to wade through another four.

Keep on handing out your cards if you like, but remember that nobody gets a high response rate from doing that. Think how many unsolicited pieces of paper you throw away, never to think about them again.

I agree with those who say you risk coming across as too proselytising or too insecure.

Just keep on wearing the skirts. Actions speak louder than words!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, I've always been of the belief that if some curious person wanted to know why I wear women's clothes and shoes in public, they could always approach me and ask and I'd explain to them why to the best of my ability. The notion of handing out cards to explain fashion freestyling to the public is not how I operate.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

If i'm wearing leggings, skinny leg jeans or a skirt no one has said a thing. Not even when I'm wearing heels as well.
The only time I have had a comment about what I'm wearing is when I was wearing a Kilt. There were 12 guys all wearing kilts having dinner at an Irish Pub and someone made a comment about the table of guys in skirts.
:roll: