Article from HEJ website on man-skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Article from HEJ website on man-skirts

Post by skirtingtoday »

Here is a link to a French asrticle on the fashion differences between men and women - it looks like there may be follow up articles:-

http://www.lilasursaterrasse.com/la-jup ... ole-didee/

Here is my estimate of the translation into English (not perfect but I have tried to take the rough Babelfish translation into something more akin to real language - sorry for any mistranslations)

Skirt for man, funny idea !!!
man skirt article HEJ.jpg
My name is Marc, and here a few times that I read, always with great pleasure, the articles of "Lila on the terrace". These articles, often funny, are imbued with common sense of envy of living life to the fullest and that’s what pleases me! And when Lila asked me to contribute to his blog, I said to myself: ' why not? '' So, I'll try modestly!

I am 50 or so, and I am a man in my skin. For my first article, I want to begin to talk about a subject that I would like to call ‘my journey ‘.
In my youth, I did not really care about my clothes: they had to be comfortable and convenient, it was everything I asked them. Ah if, being young, I liked to identify my idols of the time (of the athletes often) e.g. purchasing the t-shirt of a tennis player like John MacEnroe or that of a footballer as Dutch Yohann Cruyff (he was 'air' when he played Ajax Amsterdam)... But apart from this, little dress madness! The practice

Fashion for men and women

Then over time, I'm wondering about fashion for men, because I saw that my wardrobe only consisted of a few 'clothing types': pants, shirts or blouses (black or brown more often), sneakers.

At the same time, I noticed that the clothing of women is infinitely more varied than that of men: (flat shoes, heels, boots, ankle boots, ballerinas, flanged, colors varied,...) trousers (large, adjusted,...), skirts and dresses (short or long, ruffled, straight,) flared,..., tops (with straps, short or long sleeves,...), tights of all kinds, etc. Not to mention various and varied materials: soft, silky, stretch. Same for the colors: the palette for girls is infinite, while that of men is often reduced. See the winter colours for men: black, Brown, grey. Very gay!!!

Especially in the summer, the clothing of a man at work, it's pants / shirt or t-shirt. And show off his legs is almost impossible because of the conventions. And if you have a certain 'status ' in the company, it is even worse. While the girls may have much lighter outfits, like skirts. Put pants to go to work when its 30 ° C, it is not very pleasant.

In summary, for a man, there are two basic possibilities of clothing, around which revolve some variations:
If I want dress me casual, my outfit will understand (John in general) trousers, a t-shirt, a polo shirt or a shirt / shirt;

I want a chic outfit for an evening or a special occasion, point of salvation apart from the costume. It's chic, agree, but very stereotypical. Look at the outfits at a wedding for example: men in costume, ladies with coloured dresses, different...

In a future article, I outline how I got the idea of the skirt for men.

So, are you interested?[/i]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Hemitom

Re: Article from HEJ website on man-skirts

Post by Hemitom »

I would love to see the comments made, in english...
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Article from HEJ website on man-skirts

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hemitom:-
I have translated the first three sets of comments and replies (I'll possibly complete more later)
(Again, apologies for any mis-translations)

Roger:- And how that it interests us (Finally, me above all: D), although I'm already a 'convert' to the skirt.
I do not think that is very likely to be remark on differences in varieties clothing man/woman, but when one realizes, you feel a real injustice.
You need to know to ignore conventional wisdom and do what seems good.

Marc reply:- Thank you Roger for this comment!
Yes, for my part, I am not calling for much, apart from power(?) to a time skirt other without being regarded as an alien.

Zelba:- I already knew about the concept of "the man in the skirt" () but the path of thought leading up there... I admit that it is interesting to discover!
I personally am adept that everyone should do according to his taste and his desires, without complexes!
Looking forward to read more in any case.
Hugs,

Marc reply:- Thank you my lovely!
I am pleased that you liked this article! I'm actually trying to understand by what reasoning I came to this idea which may seem "outside the norm" for many people.
See you soon for the suite(? - article?) (and also on your blog).
Kisses

Dom de Nice:- Hello.
I just read the text very well, it tells exactly what I think also, so I shall not tell the same thing we men who love the skirt, well aware of the topic.
I too wear a skirt on a daily basis, it is simple, and I go out with my wife or else I'm in a skirt and I me occupied without regards to other(s)
The skirts I wear are long, detailed, and (are) more or less fluid according to the seasons.
To give an idea of what I'm wearing, go see my Facebook log.
For men who love the skirt and who want to wear (them).

Marc reply:- Hello Mark, I’m like you but with a few more years. I cannot pass the pleasure of wearing a skirt, but we must stay sober and especially do not fall into excess.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels