Update: Androgynous Male Model Andrej Pejic = Andreja Pejic

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Update: Androgynous Male Model Andrej Pejic = Andreja Pejic

Post by Uncle Al »

Many previous discussions were held on S.C. about Andrej Pejic.
All had their "Pro's & Con's" and now 'the cat is out of the bag'.

The article is very open, uplifting and informative.
Andreja Pejic Is in Her Own Skin for the Very First Time

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Update: Androgynous Male Model Andrej Pejic = Andreja Pe

Post by crfriend »

That was a good read -- and entirely positive-- but in the larger context it was actually fairly apparent what was going to happen in the due course of time. We've seen that happen here in our own community, and I wish those who have chosen that path the best.

From my perspective, "androgeny" has usually been applied by women wanting to masquerade as men (see, "unisex"), and in the few cases it's been applied the other way 'round it's been a flag.

Sometimes folks -- remarkably bright folks, I'll add -- get it wrong, though, when a guy decides to put on a skirt instead of trousers. I ran headlong into that when I attended my elder aunt's 70th birthday celebration. To set the context for that, my family is peopled by extraordinarily bright folks who seriously enjoy surrounding themselves with folks smarter than themselves (I am no exception to this, save that I do not have a load of alphabet-soup following my name to denote my degrees) -- and I ultimately had to shut up all the speculation about things by formally declaring, "I am not 'transitioning'; I am not even contemplating it; there is precisely no subtext. It's a fashion and comfort statement." (Sometimes one needs to whack MDs, DVMs, PhDs, and the like over the head with a frying-pan to make them see the light of day.) That folks of that supposed caliber can get it so wrong at first blush is rather terrifying.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

This is my personal opinion - I was disappointed Andrej Pejic changed to being a woman. I thought of him as a role model for men seeking to get out of the tight box of what is acceptable for men with regards to clothing and grooming.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I agree with Carl and John...it was nice to have a male who exceeded many women in the art of femininity, but I do not fault him or anyone else for doing what he/she feels he/she must to realize the person he/she feels himself/herself to be.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Modelling is his/her thing. It wasn't difficult to see where he was going. The (Medical hat on) problem for him remaining totally male into his mid-twenties is the inexorable onset of recognisable male attributes not compatible with his chosen career/persona.

It was probably on good advice and serious consideration that he opted for the change in time, which presumably also includes Testosterone suppressive drugs as well as oestrogen. These will effectively preserve the attractive female looks into the future.

I wish her well.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Kirbstone wrote: It was probably on good advice and serious consideration that he opted for the change in time, which presumably also includes Testosterone suppressive drugs as well as oestrogen. These will effectively preserve the attractive female looks into the future.

I wish her well.

Tom
There has to be more than that. A male can take medication to suppress testosterone and to add estrogen (oestrogen) without going through SRS (Sexual Reassignment Surgery). Andreja had that procedure done. That procedure is quite painful and has a long convalescent time. Initially the individual has to dialate the neo-vagina several times a day so the opening does not close up. As time goes on the amount of time between dialations can increase.

John