Wearing tops with skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Wearing tops with skirts

Post by Sinned »

I have come across this article admittedly aimed at women but containing much advice that we could use as well.

http://www.articlesbase.com/fashion-art ... 82914.html

Looking down the list I can see that most are common sense and some I already follow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing tops with skirts

Post by skirtyscot »

that's all a bit advanced for me, with my men's tops! My thoughts on this subject extend only to colour and whether or not to tuck the shirt in. Some skirts look better with the shirt tucked in, some with the shirt out.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I'm with Alastair... too many rules take the "free" out of "freestyle". It's all a matter of what mood I'm in and what the temperature is. Sometimes I'll use a ladies' satin blouse, sometimes a men's turtleneck sweater, sometimes a generic t-shirt. Usually tucked, unless it's a loose shirt and the skirt just has a dull elastic waistband.
Ralph!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I found the article interesting. Some of those rules I also follow.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.