Chest hair

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Chest hair

Post by Sinned »

My hair is very fair so the hairs on my legs aren't noticeable so I don't shave them. MOH adores my chest hair as it's very soft and even. Even though I am 60 next month I haven't a grey hair anywhere on my body ( yet )! MOH would be mortified if I even tried to shave my chest hair off. My chest is the hairiest part of me so I could never be accused of looking like a gorilla. Face and underarms are the only parts I shave - underarms as it helps cut down on perspiration and odour there. I don't need to use underarm deodorants and haven't for a number of years.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

@Sinned I'd suggest you to be a FOO, you just have to convince your MOH to be a FOO, too, that will prevent her from conforming to the preferences from total strangers and makes your skirt wearing a lot easier. A FOO can accept different style choices with ease, even chest hair. FOO means full person on their own. :D
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry skrtltr, nothing comes up on googleing foo or full person on your own. The concept is not obvious to me apart from the general sense of being one's own man. You might have to elaborate at little more.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

You say "look like a gorilla in a frock" like that's a bad thing! I *like* my hair - facial, chest, back, and legs -- and I have no intention of trying to meet some ridiculously impossible standards of feminine beauty. I'm a man, and if I want to mow the lawn or pick my nose while wearing a full-length velvet gown, that's MY business. Ain't nobody gonna tell me what I can and can't wear.

As long as it's OK with my wife...
Ralph!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Sorry! Didn't mean to upset you nor imply it was a bad thing. Nor was I telling you what you could or couldn't wear.

:cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

skirtingtoday wrote:Sorry! Didn't mean to upset you nor imply it was a bad thing. Nor was I telling you what you could or couldn't wear.
No worries, I was just thumping my chest in territorial defense like a good gorilla should :-)
Ralph!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Sinned wrote:My hair is very fair so the hairs on my legs aren't noticeable so I don't shave them. MOH adores my chest hair as it's very soft and even. Even though I am 60 next month I haven't a grey hair anywhere on my body ( yet )! MOH would be mortified if I even tried to shave my chest hair off. My chest is the hairiest part of me so I could never be accused of looking like a gorilla. Face and underarms are the only parts I shave - underarms as it helps cut down on perspiration and odour there. I don't need to use underarm deodorants and haven't for a number of years.
Glad to see someone else shaves their underarms as well as an anti perspiration and odor personal hygiene move.

I shave my chest hair and legs in the summer since I don't like the hairy bear look.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I like hair,to me there is no such thing as to much hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJsfCoYC5w
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Wish I could grow more of it!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Time to do some deforestation again. Temperatures in the lower 80 deg F range with 50-60% humidity...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

I know that in the warm summer weather, we like to wear a very thin top and a dress is lovely to wear but to hide the chest hair, I would weat a plain T Shirt in a coulour that matches the dress. I know that some people wear what in UK we call a vest and is a popular undergarmnt in the other side of the pond This will certainly hide the chest hair unless it comes right up tp your neck.
Wee Scottie Dog
Wim Jansma

Post by Wim Jansma »

I have very few body-hair. Not on my chest, back, arms or legs. Only a naughty tuft of hair like a rabbittail just above my buttock.
If my wife cuts my hair (on my head) she always shaves that rabbittail too ! I don't like this tuft. And I either don't like roots.

My dear friends, do you recognise this problem ?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I don't worry much about visible body hair even though I shave my legs for several reasons. First, my leg hair had become more sparse and uneven as I grew older, and the hairy/hairless pattern did bother me. Second, leg hair is an annoyance when wearing tights, as I usually do for the six cooler months of the year. Third, I simply like the feel and look of smooth legs. If that's unmanly, well, whatever...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:I simply like the feel and look of smooth legs. If that's unmanly, well, whatever...
If you feel manly with shaven legs then you're manly. Done.

I started shaving mine before I started wearing skirts. If I could grow a decent pelt I'd not have minded, but my legs looked like the moths had been at me and I hated that -- so what hair I had came off, and has stayed off since. Of note is that my nuts haven't fallen off.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I echo both previous posts.

I have no chest hair so that's not a problem. Like Carl, my legs had a sparse thatch so shaving made things look and feel so much better. I also love wearing sheer hosiery which, with shaved legs, is simply awesome.

Fair play to those who have a good thatch!