Chest hair

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Chest hair

Post by JeffB1959 »

I'm fortunate in that I'm hairless, nothing on my arms, chest or legs, and that makes wearing women's tank tops and short skirts during summer a good deal of fun for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

My granddaughter runs her hands across my forearms and says Papa, you have a LOT of fur on your arms. A side note, the other day I tried to brush off a stray hair on my arm only to find it connected. I thought it was from my head. It must have been 3-4 inches long!
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

rick401r wrote:... the other day I tried to brush off a stray hair on my arm only to find it connected. I thought it was from my head. It must have been 3-4 inches long!
One of the many pains of advancing years, I think. I find I now have hairs, whiskers etc in all sorts of odd places that used to be more or less hairless. I too found I had long hairs growing on my arms, and now have to keep them in trim with the razor, just as I have to trim my eyebrows and ears quite regularly. I trim round the genitals too, otherwise the long hair looks a bit odd growing out of a swimming costume! And if that long hair gets under the foreskin ... let's change the subject. Yes, I prefer to keep my chest smooth.
Not that this has any bearing upon skirt-wearing, as far as I can tell.
Martin
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I'm quite hairy all over my body. Too much to shave it off. I shave my face, except my mustache, and the pubic area. Occasionally I visit the barbershop. Now and then I clean out my armpits, but the rest is free to grow.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

I've never shaved arms or legs. Done chest, belly, and pubes, once or twice but as I netted no real benefit it wasn't worth the effort, and in fact caused ingrown hairs in the groin area. I do keep my armpits hairless as I find it does wonders for controlling odor, to the point of totally eliminating the need for deodorant.

I find an epilator to be my weapon of choice for the task - lasts longer and grows back in soft, not stubbly.
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Recently there was a news story about a man that had a heart attack on a flight. There was a problem deploying a defibrillator because of the excessive hair on his body and chest and he passed away. Also, I believe that one of the reasons that men were and sometimes still are required to wear neckties is because most people don't want to see ugly chest hair protruding from a man's shirt in a professional environment. Unfortunately most men that have this issue don't shave the hair to eliminate the problem.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

jamie001 wrote:Unfortunately most men that have this issue don't shave the hair to eliminate the problem.
You seem to be assuming that this is a problem. If the owner of the hair does not think it is a problem, who are you to say it is?

I would further point out that any men that do think it a problem for themselves will probably resolve it by means of razor, epillator or whatever and you will not know about it. So your assertion that "most men that have this issue..." is also on rather shaky ground.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Milfmog wrote:You seem to be assuming that this is a problem. If the owner of the hair does not think it is a problem, who are you to say it is?
This. When I have visitors to my blog who look at the gallery of pictures of my various skirts and dresses, I frequently get feedback along the lines of "You would look so much better if you would shave your [legs|beard|arms]". I get the same reaction when people encounter my avatar in Second Life, who looks pretty much like I do -- a bearded, stocky guy in a dress. "You don't have to look like that," they tell me. "You can get a beautiful female shape and skin that would look so much better in that dress." Swell, thanks... gosh, I guess I'm just too stupid to create an avatar that looks different from my real self. Or maybe -- I don't WANT to look like a beautiful (by your bizarre misogynist standards) woman.

Why is body hair such a problem for people, specifically when it's on someone in a skirt or dress? Sometimes the comments are absolutely brutal, saying that a hairy man in a dress is an obscenity, a freak, an insult. If none of those terms apply to a man in a t-shirt and bermuda shorts, why would they change when he's in a skirt?

[n.b. - I am aware that I implied just such a negative view of myself in an earlier post on religion, but it was mostly just tongue-in-cheek self deprecating humor... I'm just no treat for the eyes regardless of what I'm wearing because I have no fashion sense whatsoever and I'm overweight enough to make any clothes look terrible on me]
Ralph!
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

as I gay male who likes teddy bear types I happen to find hair attractive,the more fur the better.
to me there is no such thing as to much hair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

As someone who has fair body hair ( slightly darker on my chest because of hair density ) it is not overly noticeable. I wouldn't shave my arms to wear a T-shirt and I wouldn't shave my legs to wear shorts so I DEFINITELY will NOT shave my legs to wear a skirt. Why should I? If anyone else doesn't like it then T-U-F, get used to it. I am what I am and am mainly happy with how I display. What I shave I do so because of comfort, hygiene and to please myself and wife. I wouldn't even give the comments of others house room and politely tell them to keep their opinions to themselves..
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

Ron wrote:I like hair,to me there is no such thing as to much hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJsfCoYC5w
Awesome video, Ron. Thanks!
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I had sholder length hair back in the seventies. Recently, as I consider retirement, I thoght I might grow it long again. It just didnt look good this time around. So I hit thr barber shop again, and actually got a decent haircut, which only happens about half the time! I'd like to have long hair again, but I realize I look and feel better with it short. I can always grow a Leon Russell beard, I suppose.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:I had sholder length hair back in the seventies. Recently, as I consider retirement, I thoght I might grow it long again. It just didnt look good this time around.
Be cautious in that as societal pressure may be creeping in. There is also the fact that you're 40 years on in age, and that does things.

My hair is nowhere as thick now as it was in the 70s, but I still sport a waist-length ponytail that I utterly and absolutely refuse to give up. I made that mistake about 30 years back when I cut it for a woman who I thought was the love of my life just to make her happy. I got discarded a few months later and was left with a decade-worth of growing to replace what was lost; after I got it cut I felt like I'd been scalped. Never again.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I never grew my hair long and any latent desires in that direction have been thwarted by extreme age-thinning (Baldness, to you!).
Shaving large areas is frankly for the birds and I confine that activity to my face. The rest of me is barely post-Neanderthal craggy Celt and nowadays the penumbra is mostly white, but still protects the 'forest floor' (my skin) very well.

That little duty was tested well last week during my 3-day canoe trip facing mostly South. Wearing just shorts for much of the time, the only bit to suffer was my shaven face which one week later has erupted in a rash of cold sores, precipitated by the Sun exposure redoubled reflecting off the glassy water.

Very fortunately I work 'behind the mask', so I can largely hide my face for my close encounters with victims. Just now I have to make liberal use of those lipstick-like flesh-coloured blemish hiders, which help a lot.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !