if I win the lotto

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

if I win the lotto

Post by Ron »

was just thinking a while back I had posted on Facebook that if I were to
win $30,000 or more on the lotto that I would spend a year wearing Lavender or pink kaftans
heck if I were to win a million plus I would stay in Lavender or pink kaftans permanently.
but the does raise a slight problem if I were to win in that
were to get Lavender or pink kaftans ?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: if I win the lotto

Post by Caultron »

My dreams of winning the lottery are more in the $100 million range but I, too, would have a selection of skirts and kilts made up, including skirt and kilt suits.

I can envision a pinstripe jumper -- like a vest transitioning into a skirt -- that I'd wear with a standard men's suit coat.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I was thinking more like this:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

To each his own. I'm thinking more like this, minus the sporran, even though it's been years since I've wore a suit at all. But after winning the lottery, I suppose I might, occasionally.
DSCF2801.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

that is the nice thing about skirted type cloths is that there is so much variety and
not the same old dull outfits
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ron wrote:that is the nice thing about skirted type cloths is that there is so much variety and not the same old dull outfits
Precisely! That's one of the reasons I've decided to actively "shop both sides of the aisle". Not only is the guys' stuff stultifyingly boring, quite a lot of it is quite simply bad.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Ron wrote:was just thinking a while back I had posted on Facebook that if I were to
win $30,000 or more on the lotto that I would spend a year wearing Lavender or pink kaftans
heck if I were to win a million plus I would stay in Lavender or pink kaftans permanently.
If you were to win the lottery - I am sure that there will be many folks knocking on your door
to help you with spending your winnings.
Also you should be able to find someone to custom craft your kaftans in your choice of colors;
but may be taken for ride in price.
It is amazing when one wins a big prize the new and old found friends that come out of the
woodwork and the lawyers and other shysters with the intention of protecting your new status;
of course with a fee - wishful dreaming that they are going to do this pro bono !

Well kilt skirt on with the dreams - Cavet - If you did win you will not be able to hide behind either !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Ron wrote:was just thinking a while back I had posted on Facebook that if I were to
If you were to win the lottery - I am sure that there will be many folks knocking on your door
to help you with spending your winnings.
Also you should be able to find someone to custom craft your kaftans in your choice of colors;
but may be taken for ride in price.
It is amazing when one wins a big prize the new and old found friends that come out of the
woodwork and the lawyers and other shysters with the intention of protecting your new status;
of course with a fee - wishful dreaming that they are going to do this pro bono !

Well kilt skirt on with the dreams - Cavet - If you did win you will not be able to hide behind either !
oh yes I know about shyster lawyers and such wanting to come knocking on the door
and they will be told of a very warm place they can go
I have seen a couple places that do have Lavender and pink Kurtas witch is close
so maybe they would also make kaftans
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Hi Ron,
try Etsy, a worldwide portal where you can find any kind of dresses, kaftens, kurtas or whatever. Many shops do handmade custom tailored garments. I ordered 4 dresses and one skirt. AMAZING quality.

today in a long blue dress, its a little bit cold in Africa
my blue maxi dress 2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Thanks for the info. on Etsy, ND, I see they are world wide and I hadn't heard of them! Looking up Etsy Ireland I notice that their selection is very poor, frequently only one of a particular offering being available.

With our small population (4.8 Mi.) I suppose that's only to be expected.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

now if only you all could get them to pick my numbers.............
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

For me,
A big win would buy me my lifestyle choice, a log cabin in Perthshire, the Scots among us will know.
I'd also buy an influential share in some small retail outlet, and use that to promote our ideals.
Let's face it, money does not bring happiness, but it does allow choices.
Steve.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Kirbstone wrote:Thanks for the info. on Etsy, ND, I see they are world wide and I hadn't heard of them! Looking up Etsy Ireland I notice that their selection is very poor, frequently only one of a particular offering being available.

With our small population (4.8 Mi.) I suppose that's only to be expected.

Tom.
Etsy is supposed to be an outlet for small artisans selling what they make themselves. Therefore, they're not going to have a depth of stock. But there is a good chance they will custom make something for you.
We happen to be blessed here in San Francisco with a recognized street artists program. One of their venues is an easy lunchtime walk from my office and I have bought from and had custom made for me many items. (In fact, I ordered something today.) At least some of them are also Etsy vendors.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If we won the lottery tomorrow - BIG, VERY BIG, then we've decided that we would put the money away for six months while we visited New Zealand ( and maybe a glance at that little island next door ). This would get us away from all the unwanted offers and the publicity. We'd make small donations to our close family so that their lives would be a bit more comfortable and then at the end of the six months we'd decide what to do with the money. We'd give up work altogether ( I've unwittingly pretty much been forced to do that anyway ) subsidise some local charities I would think. Publicise the men in skirts and this site. Wear a skirt or trousers whenever I want. Who's going to argue with the local multi-multi-millionaire? Not even sure if we'd move out of our current house as we're happy with it. Maybe refurbish it to luxury standards. Would it change my life? Of course it would, but not greatly. We aren't snobs or try to be what we are not. We would never be comfortable around Call-me-Dave, Smeg or Moribund. We are down to earth and what I call comfortably off which means that if a large unexpected bill comes in we don't have to worry. Above that we live well, holiday twice a year and buy what we want when we want. So what good would a few million do for us? Make us more secure but going on a spend, spend, spend. No way. Would we make our kids rich? No, not good for them - let them do as we have done and earn their way. We are the Bank of Mum and Dad occasionally but we insist that it is just an interest-free loan and we are repaid. We can't take it with us so I would like to think that we would use the money to do the best we can with it and enrich a few lives. I think to see unexpected joy in other's eyes for the donation of really small amounts and the difference it would make in their lives would bring us more happiness than anything else.

Joke on this theme:
Manny prays to his God, "Please can I win the lottery? My business is failing and the debts are mounting up."
Saturday comes and goes and nothing so Manny prays again, "Please God, I really need to win the lottery. My business will be gone next week and the heavies will be calling. I promise that I will be a good boy and help my neighbours."
Saturday comes and goes again and so Manny prays again, "Please my God, things are desperate. The heavies will be breaking my legs. I will be a really good boy and use some of the money to help the orphans. Please."
A voice comes out of Heaven, deep, rich and melodious, "Manny, Manny, please meet me half way and buy a ticket."

Boom Boom!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The couple from near here who won £161,000,000 on Euro millions have done pretty much what you say you would do. They have also given a million to the SNP and two million to the "Yes" campaign, which has caused the odd murmur. Mostly from people associated with parties who get lots of generous donations come election campaign time, of course.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair