Waist training

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Waist training

Post by Kirbstone »

I'll have yiz all know dat I'm de expert on stones around here an' here's de evidence to prove it.

Try findin' two of dem de same weight!
Aran stone walls.jpg
Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

We Americans may not have progressed to the era of thr Marquis de Conducet, who was clearly a more progressive thinker than most of our current "leaders", but at least we have moved beyond the "stone" age!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Just about the only thing that is weighed in stone is people. I can't help wondering if that is an unintentional attempt to "hide" the "real" weight. In the final analysis of course it is probably nothing more than habbit.

From my perspective life is measured far easier in the metric system and certainly engineering calculations become simpler in a decimal based system. Like most folks in Blighty, I use a horrible mix of metric, imperial and archaic units in everyday life.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

My corset arrived at the PO today; I had requested the delivery to be delayed until we returned from the trip. I wore it about three hours today working in my home office, removed it to head to the gym. I love the look it gives my waist, and also the way it corrects my posture and makes me sit straight and carry myself in a tall and straight manner when walking. I can get used to it fairly quickly, I think, but with the approach of the hot southern summer, I am not sure how much corset time I will be able to manage. I also have to do a better job of getting it aligned well and laced evenly. I used the door-knob technique today but need to master tight lacing in close quarters sans mirrors for the sake of convenience in dressing. Unfortunately, I am too busy these days to spend much time practicing the techniques. I am pleased with the construction of the garment; the fabric is heavy and it is double-boned.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I've been laced in fairly tightly for about 6 hours this afternoon and having no issues with discomfort. In fact the feeling is enthralling and I can see how so many corset enthusiasts wear the garments 23 hours a day. I am not there yet, but I have drawn in my midriff waist about 2.5 inches narrower than my pelvic waist. People have mixed results; some retain the shape for years after they stop or reduce their corset wearing, and for others, the effect is very transient. I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to determine if there is any sort of semi-permanent shaping effect.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dillon,
Does 'pelvic waist' mean hip measurement? I'm not into corsets myself, having hips at 41.5 inches and waist still at 33.5 inches, so most skirts &c tend to stay up easily. However, with 43" across the chest anything resembling a dress is a no-no for me unless it's specially tailored.

tom
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I call my pelvic waist the point where I wear my belt, at the top of the pelvis, more or less, which is the typical trouser (jeans) waist size, at least in the US; on me a 38 is loose, the actual size being 37, perhaps 36, (a 38 would pretty much fall off me without a belt). My hips would be somewhat broader, perhaps 2 inches, though on men with big guts like I once had, the hips may be the same or smaller. The midriff I referred to is around the mid belly, between the top of the pelvis and the ribcage. That is the region compressed by a training corset, and when you follow the guidelines for measurement, you are asked for the final circumference to which you target lacing. I think I stated 4 inches smaller than my trouser waist, so I still have some ability to tighten this corset further, though, if I succeed in reaching my weight goal, I will need to purchase a smaller, tighter corset. The top of the corset is a bit wider to accommodate the male lower ribcage; my lowest rib pair is within the constriction of the corset. I was careful when I measured, but possibly erred on the side of accommodating size. Getting the side length right is the tricky part, but I feel like mine has worked out okay so far, though I further reduced weight and girth while I waited for delivery. I won't be upset if I have to order another within the year, since it will mean that I am still managing to lose weight, or that my waist is training down more quickly than I expected. Either scenario is good by me. The way to gauge the fit is by the distance between grommet rows when snugly laced. If the distance remains constant from top to bottom, you have the fit you need; if the distance is narrower at the middle, then you didn't allow for enough training of the waist. I suspect that will soon be the case with mine.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well done, D.! You'll have a waist like Scarlett O'Hara if you keep that up!

Tom.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Perhaps I will, in proportion. It is modest body mod, in my opinion. Some people punch themselves full of holes and metal, looking somewhat like that illusive trophy largemouth bass, the one that, when finally landed, is found to have a number of hooks broken free of their former lines dangling from its mouth. Others cover their bodies with mediocre art, stuff they wouldn't consider hanging on the walls of their homes. I simply want a narrow waistline so my skirts fit as designed!