Dealing with Mermaid Skirts...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dealing with Mermaid Skirts...

Post by JohnH »

Zorba wrote:Heels intrigue me, but I'm afraid that it would be a short trip to a broken ankle!
I've discovered I can walk gracefully and comfortably in 3.25 inch heels without any platform elevation. I am not comfortable with 4 inch heels. At any rate I stay away from platforms - those function as a lever to break ankles.

Everybody is different. My wife cannot exceed 1 inch in heel height.

I don't have any skirts or dresses that hobble my walking in any way. So I will not get mermaid or hoop skirts.

John
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Some of the more extreme examples seem to be worn purely for aesthetic reasons. For example, the only time I have seen trains is at weddings. As for interactivity, perhaps that is part of the distinction between Skirtonians and others?...those who don't care for it simply wear trousers?

Also, there is the question of variety, or lack of it. There is quite a diversity of skirt designs. Not so much for trousers. Actually, trousers are boring.

For open ended garments there is even more diversity if you consider garments that hang from the shoulder, as well as those that hang from the waist.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I tried a mermaid skirt I bought at a thrift shop many years ago. It didn't suit me, so I never wore it in public. To this day, they still don't appeal to me.

As for heels, I'm 6 foot 2 and have worn five inch stiletto heels in public with ridiculous ease, however, I stick with three and four inchers for comfort.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

One thing to bear in mind with heels - the length of the foot. If a foot is long then for a given heel height the angle would not be as great as compared to someone with a short foot with the same heel height.

John
Zorba
Distinguished Member

Post by Zorba »

I have pronation problem - which scare me off of heels.
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net