If you cannot wear a skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: If you cannot wear a skirt

Post by GerdG »

dillon wrote:I just have one pair of "short shorts", a pair of lycra workout shorts made for women.
I too have bought shorts in women’s departments, among others these Esprit ones. They were even labeled “Boy cut”, so why not?

The Esprit girl’s boy cut shorts even have a “manly” zipper. Obviously they had been made to look worn. Only problem with these and most other ladies’ shorts is that the pockets are not quite big enough.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Nice looking shorts :) , i dont worry about pockets too small as i always carry a bag to put my goodies in :D
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

When buying shorts my guideline is, when you have them on and you put your arms down by your side and you can still feel material they are too long, if you can feel your bum cheeks, they are too short :)
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

"...you put your arms down by your side and you can still feel material they are too long, if you can feel your bum cheeks, they are too short..."

What's too long or the short, your arms?

Just kidding, what they sell as shorts these days are not really shorts, they should be called mid-length or middies! I don't care for them either.
Wim Jansma

Post by Wim Jansma »

rokbroekje.JPG
Here my in a minikilt, a skirt and a cutoff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wim Jansma

Post by Wim Jansma »

SV400212b.jpg
I forgot my minikilt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Gregor,

Re: girls' shorts....Not only are the pockets far too small but also the front zip doesn't extend down nearly far enough. They only use it to get the things on & off. We use it for another purpose!
I agree about the hands down touching material thing. I like to be able to find the lower hem with my fingers.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Nice look with the minikilt, Wim. Not sure I could get away with anything quite that short, but looks great on you!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Nice pics Wim, love the mini kilt looks great on you.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

Kirbstone wrote:Re: girls' shorts....Not only are the pockets far too small but also the front zip doesn't extend down nearly far enough. They only use it to get the things on & off. We use it for another purpose!
This problem also shows up in some lousy trousies... for men. I actually have a pair that, though arguably too big in the waist, only open to scarcely larger than the theoretical minimum required to don the things. I only wear that pair when it's cold, though - the flannel lining precludes their use much of the time.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Kirbstone wrote: Re: girls' shorts....Not only are the pockets far too small but also the front zip doesn't extend down nearly far enough. They only use it to get the things on & off. We use it for another purpose!
I usually wear the shorts designed for females. They are short enough I don't need to unzip to urinate. I just pull the hose out the leg hole.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I have been looking over the pictures of short-shorts in this thread, and I think my wife would tell me to wear one of my knee-length denim skirts instead. :D

John
Last edited by JohnH on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Jim wrote: I usually wear the shorts designed for females. They are short enough I don't need to unzip to urinate. I just pull the hose out the leg hole.
You've got it! That's the fastest and easiest way to take care of business.
I have a few men's shorts but far prefer the short women's styles (inseam about 2" to 4") and wear those much of the time when not in a skirt. In warm weather it's skirts about 60% of the time, heavy work pants 15%, short shorts 15%, men's shorts or slacks 5%, women's jeans 5%.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Wim Jansma wrote:In public I cannot wear a skirt. My wive dont like that. And I respect her meaning.
So, what do I wear in the summertime, when the sun shines , and its pretty hot ?
Shorts. Very short shorts. Cut-offs jeans as called by the Americans. And then the trouserleg fold above. Or my short lederhose. I have a originel Hermann Spährle from de years 50/60.
The opinion of strangers are obviously more important to your wife than you. I would tell her that you expect her to wear skirts or dresses in public, if she refuses, she is a hypocrite who disrespects her husband. Do I really have to tell ya what mature love is about, laddy? :shock: Don't let yourself be pulled over, aye? :D
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

skrtltr,
The opinion of strangers are obviously more important to your wife than you. I would tell her that you expect her to wear skirts or dresses in public, if she refuses, she is a hypocrite who disrespects her husband. Do I really have to tell ya what mature love is about, laddy? :shock: Don't let yourself be pulled over, aye?
That's an awful attitude to have. :( As has been well documented in various threads MOH has a BIG problem with my wearing skirts outside of the house. But I love her too much to just ride roughshod over her feelings even though she is doing that to me. I prefer to turn the other cheek and treat her as I would want to be treated and not the other way around. I'm sure that she will come around in time with patience, proper care and example. Maybe her attitude is hypocritical but at least she's honest and her reaction is emotional. But has been well documented emotional responses are the hardest to overcome because they are not logically based. Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast and we have to deal with it as best we can. I know what reaction I would get if I took your way. Some of us want our marriages to continue beyond today and certainly taking your course of action wouldn't achieve my objective and probably the same for others such as Wim. What you suggest isn't mature love it's bullying, plain and simple.

I hope your comment was made tongue-in-cheek because if it was serious then I certainly would take offence! :ncool:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.