Well dressed men in India

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Well dressed men in India

Post by couyalair »

If you really want to impress your entourage with your choice of clothing, here are some suggestions (for the very wealthy) from India. Elaborate, elegant, colourful outfits for men that make the western grey suit look really dull.
http://www.pinterest.com/bigindwedding/men-s-fashion/
A lot of trousers too, but, of course, we know how cold it is in India!

Martin
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Well dressed men in India

Post by Big and Bashful »

Wow, so many fantastic looking outfits! Second and third one on the top row and the Sherwanis near the bottom, Class! To me they look like great male dresses, do you need to pant below them or is trousering optional?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

With the rigid caste system in India I suspect most of that stuff would be only seen in public on maharajas or their immediate circle.

Anyway there are two places I won't be visiting anytime soon, Antarctica and India. For exactly the same reason...I just couldn't stand the cold. :wink: .......and whilst in India most trading people one might meet speak at least pidgin English, in Antarctica I just couldn't understand the penguins...They all speak SouthPolish. :wink:

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Some nice stuff there. I want to try one of the longer styles, more or less as a dress, with a pair of leggings, or opaque stockings under. Something slightly shiny probably.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

This one, worn with out the pants, really caught my eye.

Wouldn't need to be from India for this one.
A Very good and elegant look which anyone could pull off :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Very nice, I agree. It seems to be a knee-length dress with a snug jacket over. Doesn't seem to major on pockets, though, but I suppose if one was actually to order it some pockets could be built in, hidden, like.

I'd ditch the trousers too, but if I turned up at a party dressed like that it'd raise a few eyebrows, not least those of my long-suffering spouse.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

These outfits certainly put western dress into the shade, be it jeans or business suits, or even the unwearable, impractical rubbish that appears on the designer runways. There seems to be respect for tradition combined with tremendous powers of imagination -- but most important, the clothes look as if the are all beautifully made.

Martin
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

couyalair wrote:These outfits certainly put western dress into the shade, be it jeans or business suits, or even the unwearable, impractical rubbish that appears on the designer runways. There seems to be respect for tradition combined with tremendous powers of imagination -- but most important, the clothes look as if the are all beautifully made.

Martin
Runway Fashion isn't meant to be practical, it is like a piece of art, but those blazer dress combi made me tickle. I'd inprove that with box pleats otk socks and boots. I'd call it mind blowing ambiguity. :lol: