New found love.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
sil0ver

Re: New found love.

Post by sil0ver »

Whether it be skirts, jeans or shoes, determining the women's size required is always a bit of a trick for a man. My men's shoe size is 9 1/2 (US) so women's size 11 boots should fit me. Well, yes, and no. Some did, some didn't. Last winter I found a pair of sz 12 knee high boots at Nordstrom Rack with a great fit and a super price ($55, normal price $350).

Usually I try everything on in the store before I purchase. A couple months ago Delia's had a super online sale for jeans. Since I already have several pairs of their jeans (my favorite store), I purchased two pair in my usual size. Surprise, surprise. One fit, the other did not.

You just have to try them on before purchasing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ChrisM wrote:I believe that 100% of my footwear has come from Payless' women's department. I prefer the styles, the light weight, the choice of a moderate heel, etc.
I'm somewhat envious. However, my troll-sized trotters (US men's 12) defy conversion into anything from the "other side of the aisle" so I'm stuck.
My colleagues have occasionally commented...one them likes to say '"you wearin' yo mama's shoes" but it is all in good humor.
If memory serves, you're the guy with access to a proper machine-shop in which you've reduced the heel-height on a pair of shoes that were a bit on the high side. If your colleague knew that, perhaps he'd simmer down a bit, but, if as you say, "it's all in good humor" then there no need for pointed commentary.
Dr. Chris
So the degree has been conferred, then. Congratulations! :thumright: (I was waiting for that.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

There are fantastic looking gothic boots for males out there, not just chuncky ones. Demonia Disorder 302 e.g. It fits just fine up to EU size 48. :D