New found love.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Hemitom

New found love.

Post by Hemitom »

Today i had the day off and decided to do a little shopping to see what kind of skirts that i like. well any way i decided to stop in at a Pay-less shoe store and see what kind of shoes/boots i can find. well i wandered over to the Womens section and found a pair of ankle boots http://www.payless.com/store/product/de ... ame=Womens and tried them on with my gray tights that i wear with my shorts regularly.
well let me tell you what they feel a whole lot better than ens shoes or boots. so i bought them...they were only $29.99 on sale. now i got to build up the nerve to wear them out....
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New found love.

Post by Kirbstone »

What dinky little feet you must have, Hemitom. I have never seen anything like my size in the women's shoe dept. I need minimum UK size 11, preferably wide.

They don't sell canal barges to women!

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Yeah, but da design is entirely adopted from traditional men's attire, except for the all femme designs. Old tanker boots, biker boots, military boots, etc. Fortunately the gothic scene got some really good looking knee high male boots to offer. :D
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

Kirbstone wrote:What dinky little feet you must have, Hemitom. I have never seen anything like my size in the women's shoe dept. I need minimum UK size 11, preferably wide.

They don't sell canal barges to women!

Tom K.

I wouldn't conciser my feet dinky, LOL :) I'm a size 9.5 us, I bought a size 10 us in Woman's and they fit great...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Hemitom wrote:I wouldn't conciser my feet dinky, LOL :) I'm a size 9.5 us, I bought a size 10 us in Woman's and they fit great...
I was always given to understand that for US sizing a man's size was 1 and 1/2 above the similarly stated woman's size for identically-sized feet (ruddy black arts) -- which would make my bloke-size 12s a 13 1/2 in gal's weight which simply are not available in anything resembling normal outlets.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

crfriend wrote:
Hemitom wrote:I wouldn't conciser my feet dinky, LOL :) I'm a size 9.5 us, I bought a size 10 us in Woman's and they fit great...
I was always given to understand that for US sizing a man's size was 1 and 1/2 above the similarly stated woman's size for identically-sized feet (ruddy black arts) -- which would make my bloke-size 12s a 13 1/2 in gal's weight which simply are not available in anything resembling normal outlets.

I think it is the other way around...

http://www.csgnetwork.com/shoe_size_converter.html
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Shoe sizes also have gone somewhat to vanity sizing.
Yes Carl the old rule of 1.5 size/numerical differences between womens and mens used to be the norm.
Now it is best to get the actual measurements or try the shoe on for size before buying.
Another factor skewering the picture is womens shoes normally are B or M width while mens are D.
Use of the Bannock measuring device is recommended for a true measured footprint and remember
that these devices come in mens and womens. Using the womens device will give a better idea of the sizing numbering
required for a positive fit. Reputable shoe stores have these measuring devices.
Buying shoes is best done later in the day after one has been on his feet and the footprint is at its maximum.
Wearing different sox; footed tights or pantyhose can make a bit of difference in how a boot or shoe fits
Unless buying at a store such as Payless or Famous Footwear the largest womens size that is stocked is the size 11B or M.
For the larger sizes at Payless or Famous you almost have to be in the store when they stock the shelves otherwise the
size is sold out - the gals are also developing larger feet and the shoe manufacturers are beginning to listen. The largest
size stocked previously was a womens size 10B/M thus the women were raiding the mens side of the aisle only to find that
the mens sizes were in D width and for the most part the fitting was sloppy leading to blisters and other foot problems.
Nordstroms and JCPenney have larger sizes on the floor but it seems that as soon as they are stocked they are gone.
DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse) is another place to shop.
Catalog stores are apt to have the larger sizes also but again in limited quantities.
Beyond womens size 12 good luck on finding fashionable boots and shoes.
Custom order is the game here and it ain't cheap !

Note using the LINK provided to the Payless site - Payless is having a BOGO sale (Buy One Get One) second pair of shoes
at 50% off (caveat the second pair must be the same or less expensive of the two pair).

Having trouble with a good pair of boots/shoes not fitting like they used to. It might be worthwhile to visit a cobbler and
see if some minor adjustments can be made instead of shelling out big bucks for a new pair.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ahem r. m. ndrsn, And you know all this how ( tongue in cheek )? We men are founts of knowledge about women's things. BTW in England we call such deals BOGOF ( Buy One Get One Free and pronounced BOGOFF ) - sounds better than BOGO. I have found that as a size 7 I take a size 8 women's and because I have narrow feet they fit.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

But in this case it should be BOGOHO (pronunciation should be obvious) - meaning Buy One, Get One Half Off.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I have found I need to go up 2 sizes in woman's, since I wear a Mens 13 that means I looking for a woman's 15.
Only a few online places even offer that size and are often out of stock.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:Ahem r. m. ndrsn, And you know all this how ( tongue in cheek )? We men are founts of knowledge about women's things. - - -
It is no secret that to be knowledgeable about womens wear (and footwear) one must have had years and
years of trial and error by various methods of using the tape measure; using/referencing size charts and
tables from the many manufacturers; visiting stores and trying clothing on for size and if handy with a sewing
machine noting if something of larger sizing can be reduced to fit.

Also when buying/winning auctions on ebay communicating with the seller to be on the same page for
measurements avoiding the cost of sending a skirt or alike back because you got the fit wrong. I sometimes
buy something knowing full well that it will not fit but just to see how it is constructed and if any alterations
can be made to make it fit.

Regarding footwear I have contact with the manager of a local Famous Footwear store and he lets me know when
items that interest me are expected to arrive and with the computerized inventory he can direct me to stores
that have my size if he is sold out. This is how I learned about the universal measuring device used in shoe
stores - the Bannock. There are three models - one for men - one for women and one for children. To use
this device you place your foot (in stockings that you normally would wear for the type of shoes you are buying)
on the scale which measures the length of the foot and has a sliding panel on the side for measuring width.
The numbers will equate to the size and the letters the width of your feet. Then all you have to do look about
the store for shoes with your size number and width - open the box and try on for size. Shoe stores that
have help on the floor might prompt you to try the next larger size so keep that in mind when you do your fitting.
Another thing to keep in mind is if the shoe store has a website. Use it and get acquainted with its sales;
shipping and return policy some even have a store inventory search feature to help you find your footwear
in your size somewhere near where you shop/live.

This isn't crossdressing - if the shoe fits wear it - if the skirt/dress etc. suits you wear it.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Yeah, Zalando got those features. If you know for example a shoe fits you well, you can find out by using a comparission tool if the shoe in question would fit you well. Otherwise you could order 2 sizes and return the wrong sized.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

In the past year I have bought a couple pairs of women's shoes for the first time: a pair of ballet flats, and a pair of court shoes.

It really does finish-off the look when wearing a skirt or dress with tights.

I take men's size 9 (UK) shoes; but by trial and error I discovered that I can wear size 8 (UK) women's shoes if purchased from Evans (online).

Occasionally, Evans have online sales, which makes buying such shoes even better.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

These boots are sold up to US woman's size 13 which will fit probably everyone in this forum.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

I believe that 100% of my footwear has come from Payless' women's department. I prefer the styles, the light weight, the choice of a moderate heel, etc.

I have several of their "menswear inspired" shoe designs, and these are indeed my daily office shoes. I find them to be smart looking. My colleagues have occasionally commented...one them likes to say '"you wearin' yo mama's shoes" but it is all in good humor.

Dr. Chris