my new running dress

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

my new running dress

Post by norstdresses »

Here some pictures of my running dress. For summer sport the best choice for me.

have a nice skirted or dressed week
Running and sports dress.gif
ready for sports in my running dress.gif
Me in my new running dress.gif
comments are mostly welcome. :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :kiltdance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: my new running dress

Post by BobM »

Perhaps something a bit more colorful? No one is going to notice that dress.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Hi BobM,
you mean more colors? or is it ironic?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I think that it's irony - not sarcasm because that is irony that's meant to be disrespectful or even to wound. And being hurtful is not what this site is about. Just poking fun I think.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:[...] Just poking fun I think.
That's the way the moderation staff took it and why we let it stand.

It turns out that we've got a really good crowd here and outright nastiness is quite rare indeed. Once in a while there are "language problems" -- even amongst English-speakers (brothers divided by a common language and whatnot) -- but those usually get ignored or will get a gentle and understanding chuckle.

My personal take on the "running dress" is that it's quite probably spectacularly suited for purpose, but is not something I'd be caught dead in as I'm not a very athletic type and to get me to actually run requires someone either much bigger/nastier than I am or heavily armed. Running from wildlife is usually futile ("I don't need to outrun the bear, all I need to do is outrun you!"). Kudos to the man for having the courage to wear it!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Hi Sinned and crfriend

thank you very much for the clarification of understanding and your comments about the running dress. I took the comment as fun and I am very happy with the admins of this forum and the open discussions of many themes here. The expressions in an multicultural forum will always have different ways of understanding, but I don't see it as a problem. For the admins it is more difficult to distinguish fun from non polite posts.

Regarding the running dress:

of course, it is not a dress to be worn for wildlife hiking or in the forest and each men should feel good in a dress or skirt. I try to get another one with one color only to wear it for other types of activities.
have another amazing skirted day :D
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Norstdresses, I have a dress that is as short as your running dress which actually would tick Sinned's boxes as well in the collar department. When I get photo manipulation software on my laptop (the dinosaur computer is, at present, dead) I will post a picture. The one problem I see with such a short hemline is modesty. When I reach up, my shoulders raise the hem, though I see that drawback when they are worn by the women for whom they were made. I freely admit that the dress would look much more complete as an outfit when worn over tights.

I will append a picture of my latest eBay purchase. I like the skirtall style and the jumper dress, and the latter is what I have won this afternoon.
Eddie dress.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

hi Sarongmen, thank you for your comments. I am trying first time to wear shorter dresses and skirts and it is thru that often it lift the hem. Since I am wearing dresses, I never tried to wear it with tights, so it is time to purchase some and complete short dresses for all day use. congratulations to your eBay purchase. It looks very nice. Post a picture when you wear it
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Srngmn,

I have been ( I hope unobtrusively and objectively ) studying women who wear shorter skirts to see how they approach modesty. To be honest they don't seem to care so much maybe from so many years of wearing skirts that this aspect becomes second nature to them. Yes, they tug their skirt down as they sit and cross their legs as well. But in reaching they just reach and the skirt does raise a bit but only an inch or two. In bending to pick something up they bend their knees as opposed to the male tendency to bend at the waist. That's something I have to consciously think about when bending. So what if you see a flash of underwear - not a big deal for them so why should it be for us? Most of my skirts are above the knee and at least I do wear underwear and in most cases tights/holdups so I don't worry. Just my 2d worth.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I think a lot of it is because women need to conceal only from the crotch down, while men need to cover from several inches below that, especially if going regimental.

In addition, the bigger your butt, the more it draws up your skirt when you sit down. And so men, being generally larger than women, find this more of a problem.

Wearing underwear does minimize the problem, especially if it's black or matching briefs. Flashing paisley or polka-dot nylon boxers just doesn't seem appealing, at least to me.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Caultron, well explained the problem. I solve it wearing underwear for thinner dresses. Recently I found a dress similar to my running dress, but less loud colors and a little bit longer, Sarongmen recommended to wear tights with the dress. I have only socks, but the look is better.
my newest dress.gif
new dress 2.gif
I think, a dress in this length will not be problematic when bending.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

the real color is a warm red, soft yellow and black. The pictures look like it is pink with yellow and black