running or sports dress for men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

running or sports dress for men

Post by norstdresses »

Hi all fashion freestyler's

As I normally wear long skirts and dresses, last week I found a colorful short A-line dress and immediately I was thinking to wear it for my early morning run around the blocks

Here it is
my new sports dress.gif
early moning run in my running dress.gif
ready for morning sport from home in my sports dress.gif
I received no comments, even many pupils are going to school on this time. The feeling was great. What do you think about it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: running or sports dress for men

Post by Big and Bashful »

Wow those colours are loud!
I think that shape looks better on you than the other photo's I have seen, for no other reason than it is a more "typical" male neckline. I think it is just what I am used to but the other dresses you have look slightly wrong, because they are cut for the female form with lower neckline and arms. I know, it is just how I see them, there is nothing wrong with them at all, but this latest one looks more right.

I hope that makes sense! to me it looks right on a man, just like a T-shirt but longer I suppose.

Shirt/dress on dude!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Hi Big and Bashful'
thank you very much for your comment. I know, that the colors are loud, but as you mentioned, the neckline and arms are better than at all my other dresses. This is why I often wear a shirt o T shirt to cover the neckline in order to give a masculine look.
As many other here already mentioned, it is very difficult to find dresses that can be worn by men without female look. The best choice for me are T shirt dresses as my running dress. Once again, thank you very much

have a nice skirted day
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have the same problem with the neckline on dresses. The neckline is cut low to show the cleavage on the female and this looks wrong on a male ( certainly for me anyway ) because all it shows is the start of the chest hair and, unless there is another problem, no cleavage. Dresses cut for a female also have some sort of cutting and sewing to allow for the breasts which the male typically doesn't have. Maybe it's because like most folk it's just not what I am used to seeing and it needs time to percolate into the "this is acceptable" region of my now-getting-on brain. But if I were to wear a dress it would have to have the high neckline of a t-shirt and either no sleeves or very short ones or full length sleeves. I don't think full length suits me either so probably shorter and above knee. I would have to experiment before I could make any decisions. I've experimented and tried on some of my MOHs dresses ( when she was out and due to be out a while so she doesn't know ) and not really found anything that I would be comfortable with. No half or three quarter sleeves or any decoration such as flowers. Having said that MOH gave me a dress that is black and in all other ways right but it has a big sewn-in pink flower going from the hem upwards so I'm sort of breaking my own rule here. But I've not worn it out of the house so not really. So the dresses nrstdrsss wears might be right for him and wouldn't be right for me but add the right sort of panel insert at the neck and they might pass.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

I am totally agree, thank you for this detailed expressions. My English is not enough to find the right words for fashion descriptions. Why there are only very view fashion designers, who makes dresses for men but not the houte couture style, just casual and business dresses to be worn every day. I know only midas cjothing.