Boots

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Boots

Post by Caultron »

Those are pricey all right but I'll keep them in mind. I've been wearing Vasque but my current pair are nearly worn out.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

When the climate was a little wetter, about 3 or 4 decades ago, I would sometimes sport tonsured legs. I noticed other rural folks with the same 'fashion trend' at the time. When wearing gumboots (wellies in the U.K.) in wet paddocks over a long stretch of time, the hairs at the boot top line wear off in a ring leaving a distinctive effect. I have decided they are tonsured legs. So, if anyone wants to know, I have had shaved legs, but only in a ring just below the knees and entirely involuntary.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

If I may quote a Pretenders song "By the way, you look fantastic...in your boots of Chinese plastic...". So there...not sure where I am going with that...it was a updated comment on Dylan's "Boots of Spanish Leather". I'd say there are several reasons that women have so many choices in boots. First, of course, the greater tendency of women to be much larger consumers of fashion than men, and therefore a greater economic engine for the fashion and footwear industry. Their money, of course, begets the attention of the industry, which responds with a phenomenal range of fashion choices for that market. Too, of course, is the greater freedom that women have socially to be daring and creative in their fashion choices, with an industry accommodating and pushing that freedom. It would be great if men...abetted by many women with fixed concepts of masculinity...didn't deny themselves the delight of being bold and free in their own clothing choices, but we correspondents here have bemoaned that fact ad nauseum. Another reason, is that in our current idealized view of beauty, or should I say, attractiveness, women simply win when it comes to legs and feet...and frankly, to my eyes, all other body regions as well...but especially because women tend to have longer legs and smaller feet proportionally than do men. That simply gives their boots a much greater chance to make aesthetic impact than would any style of boot on a man's shorter, stockier calves and bigger feet. Just my semi-coherent two cents...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

The chicks drive 85% of the US economy in mostly vanity products like fashion etc. No need to degress, being born male is not the end of the world when it comes to wear some decent boots. If you have dinky feets you can pick some "women's" boots in old fashioned male design like tanker boots, biker boots or you look after fake leather boots made in decent quality, instead. Latter are availabled in punk or gothic stores or online. You can spend a fortune on some buckle boots in calf length.
Pleats

Post by Pleats »

I have looked for tall, i.e. knee high, boots for a while. In the men's section all I found were lineman boots. The nice ones are expensive. Lower price knee high were more of a costume type boot. Not comfortable to have on for any length of time. There were some motorcycle boots that were more-or-less knee high. Those did not look too bad but I did not get them. I finally thought this is enough of this nonsense. I started to look at woman's riding boots. I wanted a low heel like a man's shoe would have. I found a simple looking pair of boots. The lower "shoe" part looks somewhat like the men's 8" dress boot I had some years back. I require a men size 9D shoe. So convert to woman size by adding two sizes. The "D" is same as a woman's medium (M). So I found these boots in a size 11M. They fit perfectly. Even in the calf. I intend to wear them with my kilt for a more casual look. I wore them out for the first time today. No looks or comments so I take it they passed as well as wearing the kilt did. I may end up getting a pair in brown.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/me+too+deedee+r ... adtype=pla
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

IMO womens boots are more comfortable then mens boots. look at the post i made a couple weeks back on the boots that i found.. http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 65&t=16312
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I had to go take a look in the closet and I have 9 pairs of boots.
Work, Cowboy, Hiking, Motorcycle boots then there are the 5 pairs with 2" & 3" heels most from the womens shoe department.
So I like wearing boots quite a bit.
Lawrence de Grande

Post by Lawrence de Grande »

If you're looking for a place to buy large size women's boots, I get mine at either WalMart od Payless. they generally keep sizes up to 11 in stock and sometimes 12s and 13s.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Pleats, those boots have a great look. Wish I could fit into any women's sized footwear.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

When I was a young boy (I think 10 or 11), my brother and I wearing long boots. The schoolmaster was wearing boots too. It was fashion wearing boots.
I have had long hair too, when I was around 5 years old.
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

Just to throw in my current favourite boots, from UK supplier http://www.ambrosewilson.com who conveniently (especially for men shopping across the virtual aisle) provide detailed fitting guides and a range of foot width and calf diameter options.
lacebackboots.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

That place has some style that I like, but still not big enough. I need a US mens 12 or so, say 47 European. :(
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I have a pair of moccasons that come to just below the knee. They were styled to look like American Indian with fringe around the top (which I removed) and lace up the front. I dyed them black. The only drawback is that they're soft-soled.
I also have a pair of women's boots but they have a3 1/2 inch heel. I bought them to wear at charity walks where men wear high heels.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

All the boots I have are from from the women's side of the aisle:

one three inch heeled knee high
one four inch heeled knee high
one four inch heeled ankle high
one four inch heeled thigh high

I'd love to get my hands on a nice pair of women's riding boots but have a devil of a time finding them in 13 wide. But, I keep looking.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.