men wear dresses in public, why not

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

men wear dresses in public, why not

Post by norstdresses »

me in a simple cotton dress worn in Vietnam 2010.gif
me in a cotton dress worn in South Afrika last week.gif
Dear all,

since 2005, I am wearing dresses in public and sometimes long skirts. Dresses are the most comfortable garment what I have seen. I think, that men can wear dresses at any time. I wear almost every day dresses or skirts like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men wear dresses in public, why not

Post by Sarongman »

Hello norstdresses, and welcome to the forum. Dresses are the bigger hurdle for men to cross than skirts, though this is illogical as the dress, as a male garment, was the last to disappear in the western culture. Just about a century ago for adults, and a little later for small children. I have three bib overall style dresses, one full front button like a sleeveless cassock and a sleeveless front zip model. I am waiting for the delivery of a hooded long denim to arrive from the U.S. which should arrive very soon now.

Mostly I go skirted and find the skirt a very practical garment. The dresses haven't had a public airing yet, but soon will.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Sure, why not. My dresses get good exposure on the street, especially the more practical ones with pockets. Don't notice any adverse reactions. More toots of appreciation in fact.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Dear Sarongmen,
thank you for your comment. If you start to wear dresses in public,you will hear very fiew comments and most of them are positive. Here some dresses I use to wear every day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

hallo Jack,

this is fact. Most of the comments are positive. Even when I wear this red summer dress, the reactions of the public is positive
my casual dress for hot days.gif