Wide Pants

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Nick

Wide Pants

Post by Nick »

Hi

I just thought I would post about these quickly. I came across these really wide pants on etsy ages ago, maybe some people would be interested in something along these lines.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/99133304/wi ... =related-6

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79557569/li ... =related-2
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wide Pants

Post by couyalair »

No thanks!
They are just trousers masquerading as skirts. I prefer the real thing.

Martin
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I had thought of getting some so I could say to MOH that I WAS wearing trousers but appeared to be wearing a skirt - culottes I think they call them. But then I thought that it would appear a bit sarky so I didn't bother. And I thought that they looked a bit too much like what a woman would wear - what man would want to wear them?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yeah I guess if it looks like a skirt, why bother. But, this is just another alternative. I don't think these look overly feminine, change out the belt with a simpler solid colour maybe? The overall style looks quite straight, bringing to mind something similar to those Japanese samurai type pant/skirt things.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

There is another alternative that is not gender specific, namely the Thai wrap pants also known as sarong pants. I have a few of these as well as conventional sarongs. As they are tied at the waist, they are much more secure than a sarong. I have a 50/50 mix of cotton ones and Thai silk.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod