The Perceptible Willy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Hemitom

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Post by Hemitom »

most of the time when i wear a skirt out i either have tights on and or i also wear a girdle. it keeps everything smooth and hidden, but comfortable as well..
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I can't see how wearing a girdle can be comfortable. I have worn one a few times when I have had to wear some trousers ( remember those? ) that were a bit tight around the middle and I could never say they were comfortable! They weren't just tight around the middle but they tended to pull upwards between the legs. Felt like I was being strangled in the nether regions. Mind you they were probably designed for the female form as I got them from MOH so maybe that was the reason.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Are we not straying into the "unmentionable" territory?
Suffice to say, I favour the "smooth" look too but comfort is highly subjective and i'd not divulge how I achieve that part.
Before anyone else gets "righteous", I'm not ashamed of the "bits" that come with the territory, I just like a certain look for myself in certain skirts.
All to do do with my choice, no more and certainly no less.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:Are we not straying into the "unmentionable" territory?
We're getting close, but since the basic thrust is at what to do to improver the external look as a moderator I'm letting it go for now. "Foundation garments" might be useful for some. might be repulsive to others, and be irrelevant to the rest, but they (like petticoats) do have a bearing on the overall look.

I do admit that I found the image of the bicyclists rather tasteless, but as it served to drive a point home it was allowed to stay in. None of the moderation staff are either censors or Nazis and we do try to retain open minds. The rules are in place to keep things from going completely off the rails and not to impede rational discussion.

On the notion of the "smooth look", there are visual tricks that can be played externally that can relieve one of the necessity of rearranging things underneath. Those tricks have stood me in good stead over the years.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i am a new dress and skirt wearer. i definately was not expecting that much of a bulge myself. but it is dedinately there. i prefer panties too. so if i get brave and go in public i will put on a tighter pair
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Edited: My apologies!
Last edited by Gordon on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gentlemen, may I call your attention to the guideline that discourages the commentary of underwear unless it is explicitly used to control the outward appearance of our garments (e.g. petticoats) or where components thereof might be visible (e.g. tights). Explicit commentary and discussion of "nether garments" tends to bring in the "wrong crowd" and dilutes the on-topic content of the forum.

Thanks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Any style is fine with me as long as it is worn.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

grlyboy wrote:i am a new dress and skirt wearer. i definately was not expecting that much of a bulge myself. but it is dedinately there. i prefer panties too. so if i get brave and go in public i will put on a tighter pair
Wear whatever makes you most confident.

But remember that most people - men and women alike - have bulges they don't like. So don't let that hold you up.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I agree that denim is stiff enough of a fabric to keep the babymaker from showing perceivably. In my case, I wear a body briefer which helps me maintain a smooth profile when wearing thinner fabrics like knits.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

To add to my earlier comments, I tend to wear my shirts and sweaters un-tucked, and the hem line usually drops just below any potentially offending outline, which helps to blur it a little. I've also been paying closer attention to my pants and shorts, and I realise that there is a fairly visible outline in them also. Thing is, the fly zip and everything else going on in that area ( all the creasing and wrinkling ) makes it harder to pick out, so it goes without comment. In reality though, it's still just as visible, somewhat more in most case! I am caring less and less about it as time goes on.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I rehash this thread as this has also been something I've noticed and taken into consideration. On about my third or fourth skirt, it was rather form fitting and the "bulge" was the first thing my wife mentioned. A harmless debate on the subject grew out of it. Where I went so far as to put my work pants back on and demonstrate: "see, there is a bulge in pants too!"

And there is.

So ever since I did this little experiment, I haven't worried about it.

Also, consider it's a natural part of my body, it's covered, modest, and I do take any reasonable effort to conceal just for aesthetic purposes, but at the end of the day, if it shows, it shows. I reasoned if God didn't want me having a bulge between my legs, I would have been born without one!

Besides, you don't see women trying to flatten their breast to look more modest, in fact they do quite the opposite! Think about it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

moonshadow wrote:...Besides, you don't see women trying to flatten their breast to look more modest, in fact they do quite the opposite!...
Actually, there is a big market for "minimizer" bras.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtingtheissue wrote:
moonshadow wrote:...Besides, you don't see women trying to flatten their breast to look more modest, in fact they do quite the opposite!...
Actually, there is a big market for "minimizer" bras.
Well, I wouldn't know. But I don't recall seeing too many big busted women walking around like they were ashamed of it. Perhaps it's not their "ideal" shape, but that's they way they are built, and they seem to be fine with it.... that was my point.

I've know someone who's a large gal all around bust and all, and she seems to be VERY confident. Go her! I personally think that confidence makes her attractive. Perhaps if we were simply more confident in our natural shape, we too may just look "more attractive". Or at least not so awkward.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

One advantage of the kilt. In addition to the pleats, wearing it hung above the pelvic waist drapes the garment to conceal your junk-bump.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...