The Perceptible Willy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Post by Couya »

dillon wrote:One advantage of the kilt. In addition to the pleats, wearing it hung above the pelvic waist drapes the garment to conceal your junk-bump.
That may be so for big-bellied folk, but I am still fairly flat (as were the soldiers you see wearing kilts in old photos) so my kilts and skirts hang straight down. This is probably the reason why people get uncomfortable seeing a kilt with no sporran! Not that I worry about that any more.

Martin
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Nothing wrong with being male. That's how God created about half the population. Sure a skirt hangs differently on a man.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There was a stage in history where the bulge was emphasised with codpieces and so on. Maybe we should bring those back again!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I think skirts and dresses show less of the ¨Willy¨ than trousers or shorts. With skirts and dresses there is only the bulge present. However, with bottoms with inseams the inseam shows the outline of the testicles.

I say simply wear loose skirts and dresses and then the male bulge will not be so apparent. I guess in my case I am not ¨well hung¨ as far as the male bulge is concerned.

John
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I just wear knickers that are tight enough to keep everything secure and out of the way and reduce a bulge disturbing the shape of a pencil skirt, but I make sure the underwear is comfortable enough for me to get on with the day. Tights also help, and if I am not too worried about the bulge, a denim pencil skirt is one of the most masculine garments one can wear apart from a kilt :wink:
Potbelly MacKraken

Post by Potbelly MacKraken »

You know, I've thought about this question, to bulge or not to bulge, and it got me thinking: women too have a bulgy section on their bodies, the bosoms of course; most women don't seek to flatten their chests (except for the 20's flappers), but instead either don't care about their bulges or enhance their bulges in their chests, taking pride in them, seeing their bulges as part of their "femininity." If women can and enjoy flaunting their bulges in their chests, why should we as men be any different, or why should it be any different socially? As has been noted, whether you wear a skirt or shorts/trousers/pants, the battle of the bulge still takes place. So, why fight it or be embarrassed by it? Heck men might even be able to use their bulge to their advantage in attracting women's attention like women use their bulgy chests to attract men's attention. I'm not saying we need to bring back the cod piece or have some kind of crotch bra for men that lifts our bulge like women have their enhancing bras, but, why worry about it so much? I personally enjoy the smoother flatter look for myself, but why do we spend so much time worrying about it when it's a natural part of our body? I guess we can all start wearing baggy parachute pants around...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Bulging busoms and hips accentuate the relative narrowness of the waist, but that is a female thing. Wide muscular shoulders do the same thing for young bloods as does 'the bulge', but clothes are meant to clothe, which means covering essential body parts and my personal taste doesn't run to cod pieces and the like.

I don't like wearing sporrans, so for tight kilts I always wear form-flattening underwear so there's no P.W.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I wear a body briefer when out and about in skirts, and that does a good job at masking the babymaker except when wearing a snug, clingy knit skirt, then it shows some. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt that I'm not all that well endowed.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I guess if women can protrude and accentuate their breasts, and occasionally, in swimwear and workout wear, the mons pubis, why should we fear a slight bulge? It is, after all, the way the human body is built. Needless to say, details should be obscured; we don't want the male equivalent of the proverbial "cameltoe".
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

dillon wrote:I guess if women can protrude and accentuate their breasts, and occasionally, in swimwear and workout wear, the mons pubis, why should we fear a slight bulge? It is, after all, the way the human body is built. Needless to say, details should be obscured; we don't want the male equivalent of the proverbial "cameltoe".
That is putting it very succinctly !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

dillon wrote:I guess if women can protrude and accentuate their breasts, and occasionally, in swimwear and workout wear, the mons pubis, why should we fear a slight bulge? It is, after all, the way the human body is built. Needless to say, details should be obscured; we don't want the male equivalent of the proverbial "cameltoe".
Agreed - We are men and have our bits. Women have theirs. As long as it is not too blatant, it shouldn't be a problem.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

dillon wrote:Needless to say, details should be obscured; we don't want the male equivalent of the proverbial "cameltoe".
And that's acceptable with bike shorts.

The worst you'd get with a skirt is a tent effect during an erection.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Happily, the average recreational rider wouldn't display himself like that, since there are plenty of bike shorts with built in chamois' that help reduce that view. None of my bike shorts are that revealing, but I'm not a competitive rider, and, unless you are a racer, wearing something like that in public is just sort of disgusting, IMO. Maybe that's acceptable in Europe for recreational riders, but w/e, NOT A FAN!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Having seen the photo earlier somewhere around the 8th or 9th post that was enough !
Of course I do not need to look at it but I think that it should not be replicated !
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !
If the Mods Admins think in the same vein then do something Please ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

dillon wrote:Happily, the average recreational rider wouldn't display himself like that, since there are plenty of bike shorts with built in chamois' that help reduce that view. None of my bike shorts are that revealing, but I'm not a competitive rider, and, unless you are a racer, wearing something like that in public is just sort of disgusting, IMO. Maybe that's acceptable in Europe for recreational riders, but w/e, NOT A FAN!
I've solved that problem, I wear a skirt when riding my bike. :D
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco