The Perceptible Willy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Perceptible Willy

Post by partlyscot »

None of the skirts that I have, some fairly thin, seem to have this problem. Probably because my build is different, and I'm not a shower. I did turn down a skirt I wanted to buy the other day because of this problem, soft, knitted stretch material. Felt great, and looked great, except while I don't mind people being able to "detect" my gender, I don't like to look like I'm screaming for attention.

I often wear bike shorts, and I've got over that problem, maybe I'll get past it with skirts too. I'm working on a design of "hip" belt, for work related tasks, and I'm trying to make it so that it can be a modern sporan equivalent, to "cover up" when necessary, or just to wear with skirts that don't have decent pockets, or would look or feel awful with too much crap in them.

Since I've been weaing skirts around the home, I've found that I'm looking for different fit and functions in shorts and pants, another reason I'm working on the hip belt thing. Look at my other post if you have suggestions for that.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If I may interject my tuppence worth. I have tight skirts that definitely show this but I am not worried about it. It would be nice to have a nice smooth line at the front but I have shorts and trousers that show the bulge and I don't worry then. I'm not ashamed of it although I don't deliberately flaunt it and would try to minimise it by reasonable means. It shows, so what! It's natural. I think of male athletes or cyclists in their tight lycra shorts that show not just the bulge but the complete shape and outline. 'Nuff said.

Dennis
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
andrew9602

Post by andrew9602 »

I prefer to wear skirts which are fairly loose, simply so that the bulge doesn't show. I would like to be able to wear dresses & skirts which fit more snuggly, & am looking for a solution!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Sinned wrote: It's natural. I think of male athletes or cyclists in their tight lycra shorts that show not just the bulge but the complete shape and outline. 'Nuff said.

Dennis
You mean like this
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Oh thanks Richard! you just put me off my dinner! on a Sunday as well! Red lyra, what a horrible colour! :lol:
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

You'd think they'd wear underpants to soften the contour a bit. I find that pic. quite offensive,

t.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Aye Rchrd,

That's a good example and I have seen similar at the Olympics or other main sporting venues. It also displays predilection of the dress to the left or right! Since they aren't bothered at so blatant a display why should we be bothered by such a natural bulge? There is the equivalent in women also - haven't you heard of the camel toe?

Dnns
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Kirbstone wrote:You'd think they'd wear underpants to soften the contour a bit. I find that pic. quite offensive,

t.
The "padding" in cycle shorts isn't padding as such, it's to avoid chaffing as much as possible. Wearing anything between you and the "chamy" would cancel out any benefits.

When this picture was taken, the were several dozen other guys dressed in a simialr fashion. The color makes it worse, I agree, that's why the most popular color for cycle shorts is black.

I think the GF is being a little over sensitive, unless you have an unusual build, or are particularly well blessed in that department. What do you think CasualCrossdresser? Try out a few in front of the mirror, or take some videos walking around, if it is somewhat visible, but not screamingly obvious, then to heck with it. As I've said, I have no problem with people knowing my gender, knowing my religion is a bit more than I think is necessary!
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

For sports I wear dresses like this
Running and sports dress.gif
It is great for running or other sports. The skirt part is smoothly flattering and doesn,t lift up when jumping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

I guess walking into the wind would be the biggest "risk" (riske')
Can't say it has ever bothered me, or anyone else for that matter.
Never actually examined my usual photos for this as a matter of fact.
Here's the most recent shot. Two layers of Silkbody beneath:

Well, the Historical Emporium embroidered skirt here, as I wore on Saturday to the Diwali festival certainly didn't show anything!
I'm always "commando" by the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jack Williams on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

I is my first time wearing a short dress like the running dress. Wind is a risk, but the dress is not to wide to be blown up. and If so, nothing happens.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Know what it's like to be in the wind with a skirt, especially if it's a sarong. At one point if I was wearing a sarong in public I'd actually wear two, and have them wrapped the opposite way. Not just for wind, but also to ensure opaqueness. Now I have a couple of custom made sarongs, and they're fabulous. Never had much of a problem with the anatomical issue, but if you have a shirt or sweater that goes down a bit, it helps with that issue.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

As I wear normally long wide dresses and skirts, there is no problem with the anatomy. Your recommendation to wear a bit longer shirt over the dress to avoid the risk, helps a lot for thinner skirts or dresses and I do it as well.

This shorter dress I used to wear it when its windy and it works well
the shorter dress.gif
the comfort of a dress.gif
...and the Willi gets air all day :D
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I'm just hoping the bikers staged that as a stunt. I never showed like that in bike shorts, perhaps because I wore sport briefs beneath, perhaps because the chamois obscured my junk, or perhaps I am just not that well equipped? :(
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

dillon wrote:I'm just hoping the bikers staged that as a stunt. I never showed like that in bike shorts, perhaps because I wore sport briefs beneath, perhaps because the chamois obscured my junk, or perhaps I am just not that well equipped? :(
You shouldn't wear underwear under bike shorts, they are meant to be worn like swimwear. As I said earlier, the "padding" is an anti chafe measure, wearing anything else between you and the shorts is not optimal.

Those guys look so obvious because

1. They are profesional racers, the shorts are dleiberately worn very snug, to gain maximum advantage for anti chafe, and to gain as much as possible from the support of the material to the muscle.

2. The colour is very effective at giving contrast, there is a reason most bike shorts are black.

3. They are standing upright, the pro shorts are very much designed to work in a racing tuck, standing upright pulls them tight across the front.